Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him (1757 Views)

I Don't Know Where Shekau is-Chadian President / Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau Is From Niger Republic / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by Ak47bullet: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
Critical security analysts have continued to raise questions over the validity or otherwise of information allegedly issued by Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau especially those issued in recent times. We all know that the traditional mode of information transmission adopted by the sect was video clip, which eventually finds its unhindered way to YouTube. Observers have identified unique features in such videos to include the leader appearing with a long chewing stick, an Ak47 beside him, his face unmasked to reveal his identity and project fearlessness and bravery, an arabic inscription at the background, use of Hausa in communication and so on. Original clips of the sect were not in audio form.
Today what we have as messages from the sect leaves us to wonder if Shekau is still alive or actually the author of such messages. In one of the recent statement purportedly released by the leader of the sect, we saw the speaker covering his face, and his speech was not as coherent and firm as that of the real leader. Today, the media is awashed with reports bothering on the rejection of amnesty. This report is said to have emanated from Hausa service if BBC. now, the pertinent question is, why the sudden change of tactics? Why is Shekau suddenly afraid to appear in video? Why is Shekau covering his face when on transmission? Why is there voice disparity between the Shekau that we use to know and the new tailored Shekau?
Recall that few months ago,the JTF reportedly engaged Shekau in a gun duel, leaving him badly injured. Did he die in hiding or in Mali? Who is impersonating Shekau? Or is the new Shekau created by northern leader given the death of the former, to help them achieve their selfish gains?
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by outrage: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
Does it make any difference?
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by emmaliveth10(m): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
Who is concerned whether he is dead or not!lets focus on how to end this mess first!to hell with him or whoever that is impersonating him!
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by Idokojimmy: 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
outrage: Does it make any difference?
I feel it does, becausee living or dead he will affect the success of the proposed amnesty. what if govt Wants to negotiate only if Shekau is involved and the young man is already dead?
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by Sibrah: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nice post!
What has suddenly changed about BH' spokesperson that is making him appear so different from the Shekau we used to know?
I could be winning the war against BH afterall . . . never say never. One thing i know is if i ever come to the conclusion that Shekau is dead then it will only strengthen my drive towards 2015 and cause my fellow PDP disgruntled colleagues to get even more desperate.

Signed: Chairman, Team FreshAir.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by HammedSodiqq: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
GEJ was already winning the war, don't know why he was pressured into submission. Anyways, let's hope the committee to be set up unravels the mystery. Shekau must come out and talk or no amnesty

Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by akpanoka: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
Let's wait and see, the suspicion will soon be confirmed
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by ckkris: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
Jona seems to be penetratimg their system so effectively that the Govt knew when BH would strike at the Command and Staff College, Jaji, in Kaduna. That must have startled their sponsors. That may also be the reason why their sponsors started shouting for amnesty, hoping that having the upperhand Jona would not accept, but to their surprise Mr President has accepted to offer the amnesty. Of course the military that laboured sweat and blood to achieve this feat, should be disappointed for not being allowed to reach a point where these sponsors could be legally exposed.
Let no one forget that BH demanded that Jona convert to islam, remove Azazi, appoint a born-to-rule to head SSS, and not change military and police commanders that are born-to-rule. Well, Azazi has been replaced by original born-to-rule, but the army is now more of a Nigerian Army, than the Northern Nigerian Army under Buhari, Babangida,and Abacha, which they used for creating more Local Govt Areas for their region, which they tactically included in the current constitution, in order to have more House of Reps members, more share of national revenue, and more constitutional quota placements in the customs, immigration, police and armed forces. Is anyone still in doubt of the owners of BH, and what they're fighting for? Religion may just be a rallying point.

Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by outrage: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
^^
What are you talking? If they knew about the attack why didn't they stop it? If he's closer to crushing them why proposing amnesty? If he's in control, why is it he's granting their demands as you claim?
Stop making up things in that little head of yours and focus on how you can be useful.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by ckkris: 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
outrage: ^^
What are you talking? If they knew about the attack why didn't they stop it? If he's closer to crushing them why proposing amnesty? If he's in control, why is it he's granting their demands as you claim?
Stop making up things in that little head of yours and focus on how you can be useful.

You seem unnecessarily outrageous. You're aware that the Army Chief declared in a press conference, that authentic Intel Info was delivered to both the GOC 1 Div and the Commandant of the Staff College, Major-General Mohammed Isah. But while the GOC took standard military precautions, Maj-Gen Isah just travelled without even informing his senior officers. Now you know what it takes to obtain that kind of Intelligence Information. Or are you boko haram, trying to confuse people wey pass your childish decoys? This is Nigeria of 2013, not 1960.

Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by outrage: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
How does me trying to make out some points make me a boko member? Just because I do not agree with you?
What's the use? What I can gather from your point is they received info that an attack was imminent, Do you know how many of such threats they receive daily? My message to you still remains the same, get your head out of the jar.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Is Dead, People Are Impersonating Him by Beaf1: 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
The blood sucking idiat might be death after all. Shame on them. Vampires!

Imagine this guys saying FG needs their pardon not the other way round.

Why Is It That Every Topic That Insults Or Berates GEJ & PEJ Hits The Front Page / Jonathan’s Convoy In Serious Crash, Many Confirmed Injured / ASUU Strike Will End Soon-president Goodluck Jonathan Promises