Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo (15748 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
Who cares

1 Like

Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Miriachi: 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
Is he high undecided
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by nikkyshyne(f): 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
booqee: dirty girl like you! One cloth since monday, and this is thursday! Four days?! You need beating.. angry
I won't try it again. sad
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by glen87: 7:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
I want to use this opportunity to plead with PHCN in portharcourt to please give us light at Rumuola around college of Art and science cos we are the worst set of people in darkness the whole world all over. We don't have light at all from day to day. Please help us
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by gameboy727(m): 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
If I hear. Dem don promise una more power outage be that.
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Abrantie: 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
He even quoted the megawatts in decimals as if that makes his rhetoric more believable. Seriously, does anyone care if it's 2987.6 or 3000.1?

1 Like

Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by obicentlis: 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
ojuikwu: igbos are the problematic of this nation how can some one that gorrillar Bleep thier great mama think nomaelly but govt should do something drasticalllyty against thier tribe hausa better s aa yimirin

CAPITAL FOOL
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
Chai! Mr. Minister, which kain news be dis na? hope d news no go skyrocket d price of 200ml Alomo bitters above #150 ?(Nairaland approved price) grin
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
ojuikwu: igbos are the problematic of this nation how can some one that gorrillar Bleep thier great mama think nomaelly but govt should do something drasticalllyty against thier tribe hausa better s aa yimirin
Nnaaa meeen! skool need u BAAAAADLY! shocked

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
blackchukky: Who cares
Brotherly, see electric cable networking! grin
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Dibiachukwu: 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
I really don't understand why dis people find it too hard to achieve what others achieved before 1900. chai grin
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Policewoman(f): 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Either you are an Imbec.ille or you are a mad man who just got cured of his madness and is relapsing. Just take a good look at what you typed.
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by luluosas(m): 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Was there any electric power before?
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigeria, the self acclaimed 'giant of Africa', with a population of 170 million and counting, uses 3,300 mega watts of electricity.

Mathematically, if you divide 3,300 MW by 170 million, you will have 19 watts for each person. Now, bearing in mind that only your light bulb is 60 watts, this simply means that there is no light for your fridge, iron, radio. Television, cable and other electrical and electronics appliances.

There is no light for manufacturing industries (if there is any), there is no light for factories and companies except the 19 watts gotten from people who do not make use of theirs.

Prof. Nebo (a man i respect so much), knows about this. Talking about chevlon gas and maintenance is also part of the problem, but it is secondly.

For you to have constant power supply all year round, nigeria must increase their mega watts of electricity to (at least) 150,000 MW.
Afterall, South Africa with a population of 40 million and counting has 300,000MW of electricity.

Without electricity, there is no development .

4 Likes

Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by dasparrow: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
This electricity issue is the reason why I do not think I can reside in Nigeria permanently. I have family members who live in Kuje, Abuja. They have had no light for the past 4 weeks. PHCN finally brought the light for a couple of hours 2 days ago and now they are in the dark again for the past 2 days going on 3.

The heat is equally unbearable. I just don't know how Nigerians do it putting up with so much bull crap and raising their families in this kinda mess. Diaspora Nigerians, think twice before relocating yourselves and family members back to Nigeria. The country is still nothing to write home about. Take it from me who is in the country temporarily at the moment.
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by ikweremilitant: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Oko_AGB: Light no dey, Govt no tell u why, u complain. light no dey Govt tell u why, u complain.

Govt u ma kuku do quick giv us constant light make people stop to complain na shoooo!
pls no body shoud expect dis govt to gve us steady power in less dan 3ys with all d troubles,wen obj enjoyed8ys of relative peace nd acheved noting.d power would have beng beter had it been ibb,abacha,abdulsalam nd obj did dia jobs well.so let's be sincer nd fair to gej he has tried u nd I know dat it will take nija d next 12ys to acheve steady power nd with steady investment o
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by cr7lomo: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Since bath nnaji was removd, lite has bin a srs disaster. Jona wicked no b small
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by OTEGA1: 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
Wen will we have good news from dis power sector.since 2006 it has been one repair or the other and so much moni been spen yet the result after 7yrs is still news of power cuts and no light every were. Wat is happening I guess the men at the helm of affairs dere are bereaved of ideas on how to give Nigerians the good news wee seek.

We don't have time on our hands cos if we use this 21century to struggle to generate power wen will we have time to develop as a nation. I know dere are lots of deals in the power sector. We need a power probe
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by yashau(m): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
Chitexs250: I no even know Wenti I wan talk again self

Na wa ooooo, I no shocked fit laugh jooor..
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by awodman: 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
ewet: Did anybody hear him giv us a time frame for the problems to be resolved?hell no.Please how do countries tht enjoy uninterrupted power all year round do it?Is it tht they generate power from out of space or there generating plants neva breaks down for there to be power disruption.
Prof Nebo we dont trust the govt handling our power anymore please hand over to the guys who won the bids and lets hav the transformation as it was with telecoms.If it remains with this inefficient govt all we will keep getting are excuses upon excuses.

Addressing a news conference in Abuja, Professor Nebo
said power transmission infrastructure is also being
strengthened and that the POWER GENERATION WILL
PEAK
AGAIN BY THURSDAY.

SOURCE:www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/10/fall-in-
power-generation-due-to-routine-maintenance/?
utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by zeyheed(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
thats my honourable vc. me love you[b]thats my honourable vc. me love you[/b]thats my honourable vc. me love you
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by dayokanu(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fresh air
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dont worry, 6-9 months before Presidential Elections light will become stable and most of you will foolishly ,and willfully, ignore the "smoke and mirrors" and vote in GEJ again...."Fresh Air!!!", "Our Savior", "He brought Facebook, and now, Electricity to Naija"... etc

Then mid-2015 you'll complain again, only to repeat the process by voting in the worst in your society that are only fit to be School Bus Drivers in other societies in 2019.

You deserve what you get.

5 Likes

Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Paentera(m): 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
papadenzel: All these grammar 2 xplain say lite no dey, and more grammar 2 xplain say lite still no dey. Not seen lite since thursday last week here in festac. #shame on fresh air

Nna ehn...me sef tire - no steady light for Allen Avenue Axis now going six weeks. The last time I bought pre-paid units from PHCN was at the beginning of February (395 units). As at this morning, it remained 160 units.
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
kingoflag: Dont worry, 6-9 months before Presidential Elections light will become stable and most of you will foolishly ,and willfully, ignore the "smoke and mirrors" and vote in GEJ again....

Then mid-2015 you'll complain again, only to repeat the process by voting in the worst in your society that are only fit to be School Bus Drivers in other societies.

You deserve what you get.

Exactly! I agree with everything you said.
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by ayolatun(m): 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
PapaBrowne: If the power drop would lead to eventual and lasting power supply, then we appreciate your Information, Mr minister.

If on the other hand, power supply doesn't improve, can we request sir that you tell your Oga on top to grant Amnesty to PHCN workers so they can stop tormenting us like this.

Seconded
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by ayolatun(m): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
PapaBrowne: If the power drop would lead to eventual and lasting power supply, then we appreciate your Information, Mr minister.

If on the other hand, power supply doesn't improve, can we request sir that you tell your Oga on top to grant Amnesty to PHCN workers so they can stop tormenting us like this.

#Seconded
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by ewet: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
awodman:

Addressing a news conference in Abuja, Professor Nebo
said power transmission infrastructure is also being
strengthened and that the POWER GENERATION WILL
PEAK
AGAIN BY THURSDAY.

SOURCE:www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/10/fall-in-
power-generation-due-to-routine-maintenance/?
utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Thursday!thts alredy 2day.I am still waiting to seee any improvements hope he wont come tomorrow and say transmission cables have bin stolen.Thursday my foot nah today abegi. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by naijababe2(f): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
Bla bla bla
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 12, 2013
tunde1200: We are not yet a nation yet. South africa is generating over 45000MW nija dey jubilate with 5000MW is pathetic....
Damn! Our leaders in Govt should all be killed I tell you. Just imagine in this 21st century we're still in darkness when other nations have since moved on, such a shame!
Let them hand over this Power thingy to the private sector already nah, or is that too difficult
Re: There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo by drnoel: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2013
berem: Nigerians are already used to power cuts. I wonder why they are telling us.
but they are supposed to tell us. its more rude to just cut the damn thing and not explain to users why the damn thing was cut. Or don´t u think so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Scales Through 21 States Assemblies (names) / Insecurity: Food Crisis Looms As Farmers Abandon Farms In Benue, Nasarawa / Joseph Nwobike Beats EFCC At The Supreme Court, Gets Reinstated As SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.