Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? (12186 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos) / Websites Of Recruitment Agencies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
for a country with high rate of unemployment, why are there no job agencies. a company that will have a list of candidates on their books, have their qualifications and references that can be refered to wen employers need them,

if u need staff were exactly do u go.
i have been looking for pple to work in my bakery in benin city and cant seem to find any.

I need bakery manager with baking experience, marketer and experienced bakery workers.
bekis@hotmail.co.uk

tips if u have one pls

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by CyberG: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Your government is not creating any jobs, just a few man-know-man from the private sector.

Also, go and ask Rossikke, the 40 man lapdog kingpin who has inundated us with economic growth and GDP figures that will make even the best world economies jealous, only with ONE problem: those figures are pulled out from his nether region and that of the retardeen's empty imagination!

11 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bigx(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
CyberG: Your government is not creating any jobs, just a few man-know-man from the private sector.

Also, go and ask Rossikke, the 40 man lapdog kingpin who has inundated us with economic growth and GDP figures that will make even the best world economies jealous, only with ONE problem: those figures are pulled out from his nether region and that of the retardeen's empty imagination!

The private sector should create the jobs, Government should provide basic amenities to encourage business, so the issue here is the basic amenities government is failing to provide.

The Job agency is a good idea for someone to start though.
And create a few jobs

@Poster I usually ask for referrals from family and friends when I need staff, or I simply top salaries and Poach from competitors grin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
I think there are some in Nigeria . . . I remember someone that i knew that works with one of them, but have no clue what the name is again.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by kramer: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fhemmmy: I think there are some in Nigeria . . . I remember someone that i knew that works with one of them, but have no clue what the name is again.

angry angry
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by logica(m): 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
bebe2: for a country with high rate of unemployment, why are there no job agencies. a company that will have a list of candidates on their books, have their qualifications and references that can be refered to wen employers need them,

i have been looking for pple to work in my bakery and cant seem to find any.
tips if u have one pls
There are job agencies. They just might not be interested in certain types of jobs (like you need such as cooks and cleaners).
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by alfredo4u(m): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
there r jobs, is all about who knw who.
Conection matars alot
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
logica: There are job agencies. They just might not be interested in certain types of jobs (like you need such as cooks and cleaners).

Even for those, i am sure there are some association that could be of help to you . . . tongue
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Annie2gud(f): 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
Are do expect to see job Agencies,when in the first place,there is NO JOB?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Annie2gud: Are do expect to see job Agencies,when in the first place,there is NO JOB?

That is the mindset that made a lot sit at home doing nothing, there are jobs on a daily basis in Nigeria, it is a matter of where you look and for sure combo of who you know (dont like that part, But that is how it works)

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
hehehehe.....its who you know, very painfull fact.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by talk2D: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
Can't you CREATE one?
Tell me how it works.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
Aggrippa: hehehehe.....its who you know, very painfull fact.

So sad but true, even the agency is all about who they know . . . cos they aint making money till placement is made for the people.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by AkinDavid2: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sorry @OP, you are speaking too much grammar. Job Agencies..but have you tried all this consultancy firms? A reputable one could be of use.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by johnwizey: 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
U can start one @OP
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by olsmade(m): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
excuse my ignorance, but isnt philips consulting a job agency?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by amokemi(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
There are job agencies. U can try EBTNG in ojuelegba. There is this other one inside dolphin estate, forgotten the name though.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by sholay2011(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
What happened to Sesewa company? I think one of its major functions is serving as a job agency.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by aademi(f): 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
amokemi: There are job agencies. U can try EBTNG in ojuelegba. There is this other one inside dolphin estate, forgotten the name though.

@amokemi, that Esther Breakthrough is a big scam and should be dealt with
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by occam(m): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
First thing first. Where are the jobs? Let jobs appear then start looking for agencies. Abi na agency go manufacture jobs
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by occam(m): 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
bebe2: for a country with high rate of unemployment, why are there no job agencies. a company that will have a list of candidates on their books, have their qualifications and references that can be refered to wen employers need them,

tips if u have one pls

Put help wanted in front of your bakery and people will show up
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
My people its who you know even private firms that pay less than 20k the same thing. If u see any agency its either they give job of washing plates in a 1 to 2 star hotel or security as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Kx: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
Is dis post entirely correct?

Adecco,Phillip Consulting,Michael Stevens,and a hundred others scattered all over Lagos, PH and Abj are what pls?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bigx(m): 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
occam: First thing first. Where are the jobs? Let jobs appear then start looking for agencies. Abi na agency go manufacture jobs

The poster just posted jobs

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by jaymdee(m): 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
amokemi: There are job agencies. U can try EBTNG in ojuelegba. There is this other one inside dolphin estate, forgotten the name though.
Hope you aren't part of that fraud ring
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by deandavid(m): 7:40pm On Apr 11, 2013

tips if u have one pls
where is d location of ur bakery? i have worked in a bakery b4, and i have a lot of experience friends who work in bakeries.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by blackrussian(m): 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
grin
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by hardbody: 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fhemmmy: I think there are some in Nigeria . . . I remember someone that i knew that works with one of them, but have no clue what the name is again.

There are. You are really right. Primepeople, Jobberman, and quite a few others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Search Pitfalls: Beware Of These Red Flags! / What Is The Difference Between A Resume And A Cover Letter? / NCS Recruitment, Who Else Got This Scam Of A Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.