Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Please Put Some More Lights About HTML5 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Put Some More Lights About HTML5 (856 Views)

Why Do HTML5 Mobile Apps Have A Bad Reputation (cordova / Phonegap)? / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Put Some More Lights About HTML5 by phpNET(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
Please fellow developers and programmers someone wanted to get more grip on HTML5
Please shed more lights on this if possible, from newbie point.. Am really faced with lots of works and i dont really have the time though i asked him to join nairaland and follow the programming dept.

Thanks..
Re: Please Put Some More Lights About HTML5 by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2013
php.NET:
Please fellow developers and programmers someone wanted to get more grip on HTML5
Please shed more lights on this if possible, from newbie point.. Am really faced with lots of works and i dont really have the time though i asked him to join nairaland and follow the programming dept.

Thanks..
HTML5 is just additional sets of API that has taken Web Development to another level and makes somethings easier and tries to push some certain boundaries, however something are HTML5 and some are not, but the best way to learn HTML5 is to follow the HTML5 W3C where APIS are delibrated and dropped. obviously to learn HTML5 simply just know your JavaScript and your normal HTML and this type CSS3, for each new features out there is the api in javascript to interact with it programmatically, an example is the frameAnimation, FullScreen API, Canvas, Video and Audio, and CSS3.

Also some new concepts are in HTML5
Audio/Video
Storage
Web-workers (this is just superb, execute another process and it won't block)
Date Fields, URL Fields and lots of form stuff
WebGL (this is not part of HTML5 but its all lumped together)
FileReader, FileApi (Not part of HTML5 i think though some browsers are just implementing it,allows you read file type even from a drag and drog and can also track progress)
Websockets
The list is long, because of school i don't work with HTML5 as much as i do, but i work with JavaScript a lot especially with the Dojo Framework toolkit and trust me HTML5 is simple nice the downside is that you can't run it on all browsers so you need a shim for that, and it's best to start coding HTML5 in AMD(Asynchronous Module Definition) because HTML5 Apps can get more complex so you need a structure which AMD is perfectly suited for see RequireJS for more information. HTML5 is simply superb but if you do not have a good and solid javascript knowledge then you are far from having that superb HTML5 Application, yes you will use a decent app but a good grasp on JS will make you extraordinary. then after that try NodeJS and build an HTML5 app, and truly you will be amazed at what you can achieve.
Re: Please Put Some More Lights About HTML5 by phpNET(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
pcguru1:

HTML5 is just additional sets of API that has taken Web Development to another level and makes somethings easier and tries to push some certain boundaries, however something are HTML5 and some are not, but the best way to learn HTML5 is to follow the HTML5 W3C where APIS are delibrated and dropped. obviously to learn HTML5 simply just know your JavaScript and your normal HTML and this type CSS3, for each new features out there is the api in javascript to interact with it programmatically, an example is the frameAnimation, FullScreen API, Canvas, Video and Audio, and CSS3.

Also some new concepts are in HTML5
Audio/Video
Storage
Web-workers (this is just superb, execute another process and it won't block)
Date Fields, URL Fields and lots of form stuff
WebGL (this is not part of HTML5 but its all lumped together)
FileReader, FileApi (Not part of HTML5 i think though some browsers are just implementing it,allows you read file type even from a drag and drog and can also track progress)
Websockets
The list is long, because of school i don't work with HTML5 as much as i do, but i work with JavaScript a lot especially with the Dojo Framework toolkit and trust me HTML5 is simple nice the downside is that you can't run it on all browsers so you need a shim for that, and it's best to start coding HTML5 in AMD(Asynchronous Module Definition) because HTML5 Apps can get more complex so you need a structure which AMD is perfectly suited for see RequireJS for more information. HTML5 is simply superb but if you do not have a good and solid javascript knowledge then you are far from having that superb HTML5 Application, yes you will use a decent app but a good grasp on JS will make you extraordinary. then after that try NodeJS and build an HTML5 app, and truly you will be amazed at what you can achieve.

Thanks bro. That was a good one. I told him good guys are on here to help him

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Offers 1 Million Naira Incentive To Nigerian Developers / Cti Software Engineering Scholarship / What Kind Of Algorithm Are You Writing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.