Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,882 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer (20988 Views)

Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions / Cancer Rate: Olden Days And Today The Risk And Preventions / Doctors In The House: Symptoms Of Stroke And Preventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by authecosta911(m): 9:22pm On May 19, 2013
9ce thread n gud info, Thumb up 4 d OP.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by rodeo0070(m): 9:31pm On May 19, 2013
Onegai: Cancer has no known cause, only risk factors. Some people's risk factors are higher than others and are more prone to developing cancers, others, it just comes from nowhere. You should live a healthy life but it is still no guarantee against cancer, just do regular checkups. I've just lost a young person close to me today, of Kidney Cancer. He died this afternoon. He got the best care, and even experimental treatment, and was responding well, then had a fast relapse and was gone today. Treating cancer is like gambling, all you can do is factor in the odds. He's the 6th person so far in my life, of different ages, from teenagers to elderly women. So please stop scaring people. Just live healthily and hope for the best.
May the souls of our departed loved ones RIP. I feel ur pain...
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by redsun(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2013
There are so many things around you that causes cancer,especially the things you eat.Refined sugar foods,insecticides,pesticides and preservatives filled foods.The kind of foods you get in shoprites.

Even anti-perspirants and perfumes that makes you smell good,are all toxic to the body.We live in a man made chemical world.The more industrialized we are,the more self-destructive we become.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 19, 2013
Cancer cud also b caused by demonic agents
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by jiraiyas: 10:29pm On May 19, 2013
when you said cancer, you never specified and from all the list you made it points to one; stomach cancer but i do like if you hit in wide on rather than enlisting. All thesame weldone.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by GTech1: 10:30pm On May 19, 2013
Eat fruits always first thing in the morning,at least an hour before you eat. eg pawpaw and the seeds,apple,apricots, pawpaw leaf tea use gin (shot) cup first thing in the morning and night, eat bitter leaf/ soup,grapes, broccoli,garlic.green tea etc.
Lastly Google is your friend.
click the information below for your consumption.

http://www.huldaclarkzappers.com/php2/papayaleaf.php
\Goodluck smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Hychineson(m): 2:18am On May 20, 2013
dominique: Can bluberry be gotten in Nigeria?
Thanks for the info op, not particularly new to me but a good reminder all the same.
if u no see bluberry,buy blackberry lol
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by BestmanNnamdi(m): 8:23am On May 20, 2013
dokunbam:
naa u sabi, how many girl do i need?

ignorance is a disease

read, learn and use the info

if u have lost someone dear to u cos of such things u will know the op is doing u good

Nice short!
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 8:33am On May 20, 2013
Kslib:
What do you mean by "cancer has no cause".. Even natural phenomenons do have an underlying cause not to even talk of cancer thats un-natural.. For every reaction,there must be a catalyst[something that influences that reaction] and cancer is a reaction and has a catalyst(a..k..a the CAUSE)...
God bless you! How can a self-acclaimed educated fellow spit such bizzare statement as "There is no cause for cancer". He even said it with so much confidence after which he then contradicts himself. Chei! Nairaland dey try o.

1 Like

Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 8:37am On May 20, 2013
redsun: There are so many things around you that causes cancer,especially the things you eat.Refined sugar foods,insecticides,pesticides and preservatives filled foods.The kind of foods you get in shoprites.

Even anti-perspirants and perfumes that makes you smell good,are all toxic to the body.We live in a man made chemical world.The more industrialized we are,the more self-destructive we become.
GBAM!!
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 8:47am On May 20, 2013
gRutiE: Thanks@op, pls lets tak dis serious cos d rate it spread in nigeria is some thing else. I learnt Tin food lik tin tomatoe nd sardin causes it. Hw true is dat
Absolutely true. In short, stay away from any packaged product. Most of them contain Preservatives which is the enemy. If you cant completely do this, then try to reduce the frequency to which you take preserved products to once a week. I.e, instead of taking wheat bread everyday, make it weekends only and take yam instead. Then make sure you exercise and sweat at least twice a week to remove the toxins from your body. It is well.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 8:52am On May 20, 2013
agoha_vivi: Leave the like quote for the originator of this thread. In case you don't know, this is a form of piracy. I'm an ardent user of the microwave oven. it's about my favourite household device. I'll just have to let go though it's going to be difficult.
You go girl! You can do it!!
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 9:03am On May 20, 2013
rodeo0070:
My friend, Cancer has no known cause. I repeat no known cause, only risk factors. And most Cancers don't have known cure too. Walk up to a Doctor and ask him, "Sir, what is/are the known cause(s) of Cancer?" He/She will tell you a wide range of answers that you'd be confused. Answers like lifestyle, gene make up or abnormality, complications, etc
Cancer has many causes. Free radicals, heredity etc. Stop propagating what is wrong pls. Cancer is very preventable if you are aware of the causes. A good example is the double masectomy recently embarked upon by the popular american actress (Angelina Jolie), in her quest to preventing inheritance of breast cancer from her mom. Again, i beg you. Stop propagating falsehood. Because you are not aware of a cause doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by dominique(f): 10:29am On May 20, 2013
Michky: Cancer has many causes. Free radicals, heredity etc. Stop propagating what is wrong pls. Cancer is very preventable if you are aware of the causes. A good example is the double mastectomy recently embarked upon by the popular American actress (Angelina Jolie), in her quest to preventing inheritance of breast cancer from her mom. Again, i beg you. Stop propagating falsehood. Because you are not aware of a cause doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

What he means is there's no known specific cause(s) for the disease. Researchers can only speculate based on the lifestyle of those earlier diagnosed. take late Hollywood actress Dana Reeves for example, she was diagnosed with lung cancer having never smoked a day in her life and led a vegetarian lifestyle for most of her life. What can we say caused it? I know some people that basically survive on microwaved foods yet they live many years. For those that carry the gene that makes them more susceptible to the disease, we still don't know what led to it. Doesn't mean one shouldn't take necessary precautions to avoid tho.

1 Like

Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by honeric01(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2013
The 'modern' humans live shorter than the 'traditional' humans. Why?

When i say tradition, i meant 'manual', 'medieval', old school.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 1:30pm On May 20, 2013
dominique:

What he means is there's no known specific cause(s) for the disease. Researchers can only speculate based on the lifestyle of those earlier diagnosed. take late Hollywood actress Dana Reeves for example, she was diagnosed with lung cancer having never smoked a day in her life and led a vegetarian lifestyle for most of her life. What can we say caused it? I know some people that basically survive on microwaved foods yet they live many years. For those that carry the gene that makes them more susceptible to the disease, we still don't know what led to it. Doesn't mean one shouldn't take necessary precautions to avoid tho.
Vegetarian huh? Look my dear, something must have definitely caused her cancer. Gene perhaps. Vegetarianism is no lone ticket to cancer-free existence. FYI, our bath soaps, perfumes, etc also contain toxins. Hence the need to support a preventative diet with regular rigorous exercise aswell. Perhaps it was the toxic buildup in her body or her genetic predisposition that led to her death. Yes there is a multiplicity of causes for the cancer phenomenon; botttom line remains: causes exist for cancer. Fini.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by caprini: 1:34pm On May 20, 2013
Fear none,just live a very positive life.The hidden fear in the mind,kills faster than any disease.
Foxycarol: i dnt knw which shld b scared of 'cancer or HIV' cancer just hides in the body until its too late
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by rodeo0070(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2013
Michky: Vegetarian huh? Look my dear, something must have definitely caused her cancer. Gene perhaps. Vegetarianism is no lone ticket to cancer-free existence. FYI, our bath soaps, perfumes, etc also contain toxins. Hence the need to support a preventative diet with regular rigorous exercise aswell. Perhaps it was the toxic buildup in her body or her genetic predisposition that led to her death. Yes there is a multiplicity of causes for the cancer phenomenon; botttom line remains: causes exist for cancer. Fini.
You still don't get it, do you?

1 Like

Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by mkoabiola: 2:20pm On May 20, 2013
Thumps up to u.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by mkoabiola: 2:24pm On May 20, 2013
Whala de oooo.
But was dere Cancer durind d time of our forefadas.(Olden days).
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Michky: 2:31pm On May 20, 2013
rodeo0070:
You still don't get it, do you?
No. You still dont get it do you? Infact, i will strongly recommend you immediately change your ignorant assertion to: THERE IS NO SINGLE CAUSE FOR CANCER instead of There is no known cause for cancer. Like i earlier said, a lot of causative factors have been linked to cervical cancer (one of which is hepatitis), breast cancer, skin cancer (sun) etc. And to correct you finally, when you say "no known cause", then you must be refering to a recently discovered deadly disease (cant remember the name now). It is quite alike the bird flu pandemic, exept that it is infectious at close contact and transferable from human to human. As at now, no known cause has been associated with that disease that's killed 3 people already. Get it now?
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by rodeo0070(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2013
Michky: Cancer has many causes. Free radicals, heredity etc. Stop propagating what is wrong pls. Cancer is very preventable if you are aware of the causes. A good example is the double masectomy recently embarked upon by the popular american actress (Angelina Jolie), in her quest to preventing inheritance of breast cancer from her mom. Again, i beg you. Stop propagating falsehood. Because you are not aware of a cause doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

No one is propagating falsehood. You mentioned the Actress case, that she did not want to inherit Cancer from her mom you'll realize that the breast is the environment for that kind of Cancer to thrive on. The breast was removed so as to prevent any cancerous growth but where did it come from? Hereditary? Lifestyle?Some risk factors appear to influence its development. Having one or more of these factors does not mean that you will definitely develop cancer. So many things can cause cancer but not proven 100%. You can only increase your chances of getting it by doing some of the risk factors aforementioned. And FYI, some cancers have no known cure. Cancers like Leukemia (cancer of blood-forming cells), some rare forms of lymphoma types etc

Even people with the best of diets (vegetarians or Mediterranean etc), regular exercises, access to regular and periodic medical check-ups etc do get Cancer at the end. Ever wondered why some forms of cancers are called a Killer in a stealth mode?.
Please read through this report on a certain kind of Cancer:
http://www.cancervic.org.au/about-cancer/cancer_types/leukaemia
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Kslib(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2013
Michky: No. You still dont get it do you? Infact, i will strongly recommend you immediately change your ignorant assertion to: THERE IS NO SINGLE CAUSE FOR CANCER instead of There is no known cause for cancer. Like i earlier said, a lot of causative factors have been linked to cervical cancer (one of which is hepatitis), breast cancer, skin cancer (sun) etc. And to correct you finally, when you say "no known cause", then you must be refering to a recently discovered deadly disease (cant remember the name now). It is quite alike the bird flu pandemic, exept that it is infectious at close contact and transferable from human to human. As at now, no known cause has been associated with that disease that's killed 3 people already. Get it now?
PLS dont waste your time trying to explain to him what the word "CAUSE" means,i tried to explain to him what the word meant rather he was busy quoting the encyclopedia of britania to me.
. How can somebody find it hard in understanding these words "EVERY REACTION HAS A CAUSE WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN".. Pls just forget this guy cos he will never agree to what you're trying to explain to him..

1 Like

Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by rodeo0070(m): 3:13pm On May 20, 2013
Kslib:
PLS dont waste your time trying to explain to him what the word "CAUSE" means,i tried to explain to him what the word meant rather he was busy quoting the encyclopedia of britania to me.
. How can somebody find it hard in understanding these words "EVERY REACTION HAS A CAUSE WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN".. Pls just forget this guy cos he will never agree to what you're trying to explain to him..
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by keyvor: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Cancer has been a major killer disease recently and scientists are working hard to reduce cancer rates globally. Have you heard or read about treating cancer with "a new molecular therapy that uses targeted peptides and proteins to restore cellular function".I therefore recommend you to do a Google search for the term "Peptide treatment", or the company named "Regenerative Cellular Therapy".
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by Originalsly: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2014
mecussey:
naturally, i know what causes cancer, anything that does not give you erection every morning is cancerous....any food or deink that does not attract flies is cancerous.
Ha!...funny.....but this is true. Hmmm.....do flies go after microwaved foods?
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by mecussey(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
Originalsly:

The microvaved food is not cancerous if it's a good food but the radiation from the oven is.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by mecussey(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
Originalsly:

The microvaved food is not cancerous if it's a good food but the radiation from the oven is...if you know what I mean.
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by LizNaira: 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lemon juice or eating lemons are thought to prevent cancer as they have anticancer properties see http://littleladyhealth..com/2014/10/fighting-cancer-with-lemons.html
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by ajasay3030(m): 7:08am On Mar 10, 2020
No doubt, cancer is a life-threatening disease. It is curable when you treat it early. Yes, many die of cancer because they neglect the signs they get when the disease is still at an early stage.
Source:

https://healthdoconline.com/9-early-signs-of-cancer/
Re: Some Causes And Preventions Of Cancer by afriks(m): 2:02pm On May 03, 2020
Cancer: An abnormal growth of cells which tend to proliferate in an uncontrolled way and, in some cases, to metastasize (spread). Cancer is not one disease. It is a group of more than 100 different and distinctive diseases. ... Most cancers are named for the type of cell or organ in which they start. Always be cautious of your health status and learn to take health supplements like the one listed here >> https://fetwise-healthcare.business.site/posts/3666983976473215103?hl=en

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Trapped In Traffic Gives Birth Inside A Car In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Phot / Lagos Discharges Two More Coronavirus Patients / 20 Delta COVID-19 Team Members Have Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.