Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops (1658 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Shares Major Throwback Photo / Major Transfer Of Europe’s 2015 Winter Window So Far / Top 10 Flops Of The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by 419Yahoo: 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2008
Fellow members

Pls help with this In no particular order

Being a Lazio fan my no 1 would be

1. Gaizka Mendieta

Came with a big reputattion from Valencia in 2001 for around 30 million pounds and boy did he flop. So many inconsistent performances sent him to Boro to end his career. We wasted money.

2. Denilson. Some will say he's the biggest flop ever.After the 98 world cup. his move to Betis was the talk of the world. 10 yrs later, his footprints are nowhere to be found.

3. Macmanaman and Owen to Madrid

Many will want to sy they tried.But truth is they were not Galacticos quality. Nothing more to say

4. Shevchenko to Chelsea

What more can i say??Kristen Pazik made him move from the San siro to London cuz she wanted him to learn English and their child to grow up the English way, The english part is some what justifiable seeing that Sheva can string many words in English nowadays, wat happened to his football;??

5. Mateja Kezman

Just like Ruud boi he came from Holland after finishing as goleador in the league.Just couldnt adapt to the English game.Same for him at Athletico now he's in Turkey. Will keep following his every floppy "DRIVE" in world football

6. Boumsong

My God what a flopOverhyped at Rangers. First sign of quality attackers in the Premier Legue and he failed. Even in Serie B with juve he failed. He's getting games with Lyon now and i'm sure he's failing. How Domenech preferred him to Mexes at the world cup only God will ever know,

7. Baptista

Given his overhyped status leaving Sevilla. the beast has failed considerably.At Arsenal he never got to the pace of the league.Back at Madrid he's still not that star player he was at Sevilla.

8. Ricardo Oliveira

Imagine Milan paid 16 miilion plus gave out another flop in Johan Vogel to Betis for this medicre one season wonder. He ruined Milan's season domestically last yr. he's getting sum goals now at zaragoza but not up to the pichichi staus of a cpl yr's ago

9.Rivaldo

Rivaldo's move to Milan was supposed to make them a force to reckon with. He tried small sha but didnt live up to his Barca and world cup 2002 quality. Though he won a UCL medal with Milan in 2003 b4 he left.

10.Celestine babayaro

Just had to mention this one. His move from Chelsea to newcastle was supposed to get him first team football but got him first class downward spiral career wise. To think he didnt even kick the ball for Galaxy b4 he was booted summarize his flop

Notable mentions are

Rozehnal to newcastle and to Lazio.Has really flopped. Where do Newcastle get dis ppl from??

Sidwell to Chelsea
Alan Smith to Newcastle
Jankovic to Palermo
Lucarelli to Shakthar
Wilhemsson to Roma
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 09, 2008
Pls i think you should remove OWEN from that list .
Statistic shows that OWEN plays little game with more goals
but still was not given the chance.
His average scoring was 3 goals in 4 matches.
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 09, 2008
Pls i think you should remove OWEN from that list .
Statistic shows that OWEN plays little game with more goals
but still was not given the chance.
His average scoring was 3 goals in 4 matches.
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by 419Yahoo: 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2008
Owen sure as hell deserves to be on that list given the expectations on him

Yea he scored goals for them but on the whole and strenght of his play for Real he didnt deserve a starting spot.
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by hustler(m): 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2008
I think Gonzalo Higuain desrves to be mentioned in your list

Also what about players like

Almiron and Tiago to Juve

Emerson to Milan

and Henry has been a huge disappointment at Barca

Ditto Podolski to Bayern
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by hustler(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2008
419Yahoo:

Owen sure as hell deserves to be on that list given the expectations on him

Yea he scored goals for them but on the whole and strenght of his play for Real he didnt deserve a starting spot.

Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by nateevs(m): 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Poster

How do you feel comfortable with such a name as ID?
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by 419Yahoo: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2008
nateevs:

@Poster

How do you feel comfortable with such a name as ID?

Yes i am??

Or You are not??

Are u contributing to the topic or not??
Re: Your Top Ten Major Transfer Flops by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2008
Mendieta to Lazio,
Rivaldo to Milan
Veron to Man Utd

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Beaten At IAAF Diamond League Meet In Stockholm / Chelsea Vs Inter Milan. Today / Arsenal Star, Jack Wilshere Caught Smoking The Second Time In 9 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.