Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million (3439 Views)

This May Be The Most Expensive Phone You Will Ever See **pix** / How To Boost Your 2go Star To Black Diamond Within 1 Week / Pics: Worlds Most Expensive Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Gerardcole(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2013

British designer Stuart Hughes is a name that is more often than not associated with the glitzy and expensive lifestyle, as he has come up with plenty of weird and pricey designs in the past, including an iPad that had a real T-Rex bone in it. Well, this time around, Stuart Hughes has churned out what could very well be the most expensive smartphone in the world, where he calls it the iPhone 5 Black Diamond, as it carries a sticker price of approximately $15 million after conversion.

This particular smartphone was custom-ordered by an anonymous Chinese businessman, where it comes dipped in 26 karat gold, in addition to an actual black diamond which will now take over the position of the home key, in addition to 600 “regular” diamonds that have been embedded into the phone’s chassis. 53 of those diamonds make up the Apple logo, and the display has ditched Gorilla Glass in lieu of sapphire glass that is a whole lot more durable, and the entire shebang took Stuart Hughes 9 weeks to make it. Ain’t too shabby to earn so much money in such a short amount of time after you deduct the cost of the materials required, no?

http://www.analike.net/2013/04/iphone-5-black-diamond-worlds-most_12.html
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
So, dem no see any reasonable cause to 'waste' their stupendous wealth on again?
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
These kinds of phones are for the super elite. The phone is clearly to show status.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by kevoh(m): 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
Actually not my money, the government nor yours was spent, yeah you reading this post.I see no reason why you should complain that this is wasteful!
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
kevoh: Actually not my money, the government nor yours was spent, yeah you reading this post.I see no reason why you should complain that this is wasteful!

Do you know what you are talking about here? Spending 2.2 billion naira plus for a mere phone, no matter what it is made of isn't waste? Na wao.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Jeffy1206(m): 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
luluosas:
Do you know what you are talking about here? Spending 2.2 billion naira plus for a mere phone, no matter what it is made of isn't waste? Na wao.
maybe him tink say na #15000 dem talk lol
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by ciphoenix: 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
"waste" is relative

1 Like

Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by 2NDACCT(f): 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
incase u wnt to buy, i av a 2nd own..i wld sel it half d price of d new one
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Jeffy1206: maybe him tink say na #15000 dem talk lol
I tire for that fellow jor
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
chuks315: These kinds of phones are for the super elite. The phone is clearly to show status.
Vanity + Vanity + Vanity + Vanity all = Vanity.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by ciphoenix: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
luluosas:
Vanity + Vanity + Vanity + Vanity all = Vanity.

it's his money.

let him spend as he deems fit
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Jeffy1206(m): 12:21am On Apr 13, 2013
I don't think any Nigerian will afford it exerpt Dangote wan waist de money which am sure he will not. Naija guyz dis wan pass our power as we just de say na him money. Only a few wud buy de fone in the whole world. don't get me wrong oo!!
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by kevoh(m): 12:30am On Apr 13, 2013
luluosas:
Is it your money that was wasted?
Jeffy1206: maybe him tink say na #15000 dem talk lol
Please keep quiet make we hear word...

What's wrong with you people and your over-righteousness? It's the man's money, he worked hard for it (hook or crook) it's not your business how he spends it! If e dey pain una, go and make your own billions too.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Jeffy1206(m): 12:35am On Apr 13, 2013
kevoh:
Is it your money that was wasted?

Please keep quiet make we hear word...

What's wrong with you people and your over-righteousness? It's the man's money, he worked hard for it (hook or crook) it's not your business how he spends it! If e dey pain una, go and make your own billions too.
guy shush ur mouth nd stop mumbling. It is so lugubrius dat u are talking nonsense. Who say him get de money in the first place?
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by kevoh(m): 12:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Jeffy1206: I don't think any Nigerian will afford it exerpt Dangote wan waist de money which am sure he will not. Naija guyz dis wan pass our power as we just de say na him money. Only a few wud buy de fone in the whole world. don't get me wrong oo!!

It's custom ordered (custom made) for the chinese businessman not like it was put up for sale by the designer like phones at computer village in other words the rich man specifically asked for his iphone to be designed that waym

Besides I see it as a way of insuring his money instead of the 'waste' that some people are crying up and down. If he gets tired of the phone all he needs to do is remove the 600 diamonds and the gold and sell or reuse.So make una chill abeg!
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by kevoh(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Jeffy1206: guy shush ur mouth nd stop mumbling. It is so lugubrius dat u are talking nonsense. Who say him get de money in the first place?
What is this one saying? It's 'Lugubrious' not 'lugubrius'. At least if you want pretend say you sabi big english try spell am well.

And who told you the Chinese businessman does not have the money. Did you even read the post at all?
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by ciphoenix: 12:54am On Apr 13, 2013
kevoh:

It's custom ordered (custom made) for the chinese businessman not like it was put up for sale by the designer like phones at computer village in other words the rich man specifically asked for his iphone to be designed that waym

Besides I see it as a way of insuring his money instead of the 'waste' that some people are crying up and down. If he gets tired of the phone all he needs to do is remove the 600 diamonds and the gold and sell or reuse.So make una chill abeg!

they failed to read that part obviously
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by kevoh(m): 12:58am On Apr 13, 2013
ciphoenix:

they failed to read that part obviously
The thing tire me oo!
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Scarpon(m): 5:01am On Apr 13, 2013
###CRAZY MONEY $$$
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Jeffy1206(m): 5:18am On Apr 13, 2013
kevoh:
What is this one saying? It's 'Lugubrious' not 'lugubrius'. At least if you want pretend say you sabi big english try spell am well.

And who told you the Chinese businessman does not have the money. Did you even read the post at all?
guy I dnt consult dictionary b4 comenting just lyk de way u did. my guy u have no case here cos I was onli tryin to save ma tym. well dat helped to knw de meaning by reserchin it to criticise me lol...
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 5:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Abeg, make all of una wey dey say na your moni na your money chill down jare.
When Abacha's money was discovered abroad, how many of you shouted it was his money? When Akingbola was arrested by the EFCC, how many of you shouted it was his money? When Cecilia Ibru was arrested by the EFCC, how many of you shouted it was her money? Whether you people accept it or not, this money expended on this damned phone is a total WASTE, even if the man acquired/make his money legitimately.
By the way, how many of you classy people here in Nigeria today will buy a handset of 5 million naira?
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by ciphoenix: 6:09am On Apr 13, 2013
Jeffy1206: guy I dnt consult dictionary b4 comenting just lyk de way u did. my guy u have no case here cos I was onli tryin to save ma tym. well dat helped to knw de meaning by reserchin it to criticise me lol...
is this your excuse?
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by ciphoenix: 6:16am On Apr 13, 2013
luluosas: Abeg, make all of una wey dey say na your moni na your money chill down jare.
When Abacha's money was discovered abroad, how many of you shouted it was his money? When Akingbola was arrested by the EFCC, how many of you shouted it was his money? When Cecilia Ibru was arrested by the EFCC, how many of you shouted it was her money? Whether you people accept it or not, this money expended on this damned phone is a total WASTE, even if the man acquired/make his money legitimately.
totally off course....... would you consider it
waste if Dangote were to spend 15m Naira on something fancy?

yes i used naira.

you need to ask yourself:
what is he worth?
definitely much more than the $15m.
it'll be peanuts to him.

try explaining to a man who grew up
in a poor east african country why
you would spend N170,000 on an iPhone
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 13, 2013
ciphoenix:
is this your excuse?
Good question.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by kevoh(m): 6:30am On Apr 13, 2013
Jeffy1206: guy I dnt consult dictionary b4 comenting just lyk de way u did. my guy u have no case here cos I was onli tryin to save ma tym. well dat helped to knw de meaning by reserchin it to criticise me lol...
Mr.Man you have nothing to say no need making any silly excuse!
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 13, 2013
ciphoenix:
totally off course....... would you consider it
waste if Dangote were to spend 15m Naira on something fancy?

yes i used naira.

what is he worth?
it'll be peanuts to him.

Good analogy. One needs to look beyond d amount spent, but otherwise concentrate on its relativity to d man's worth.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 7:12am On Apr 13, 2013
Off topic: Please, change your fonts style to make your posting here more readable and easily.
ciphoenix:
totally off course....... would you consider it waste if Dangote were to spend 15m Naira on something fancy?

yes i used naira.

what is he worth?
it'll be peanuts to him.

Now to the topic:
British designer Stuart Hughes is a name that is more often
than not associated with the glitzy and expensive lifestyle, as
he has come up with plenty of weird and pricey designs in the
past, including an iPad that had a real T-Rex bone in it.
The writer used the word WEIRD. Now, how many weird things have you seen Dangote done with his stupendous wealth? Or, is job creation which is synonymous with the name Dangote a weird thing? Maybe you need to educate me/us here. Thank you.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by ciphoenix: 8:16am On Apr 13, 2013
luluosas:
Now to the topic:

The writer used the word WEIRD.

the wierd used there is in reference
to the design. hence the reference to
his previous design which used a real
t-rex bone.

the fact is "waste" is relative.
some folks would actually consider
getting an iPhone a waste

Now, how many weird things have you seen Dangote done with his stupendous wealth? Or, is job creation which is synonymous with the name Dangote a weird thing? Maybe you need to educate me/us here. Thank you.

now you're going somewhere else.
my question was
ciphoenix: would you consider it waste if Dangote were to spend 15m Naira on something fancy?

you do consider it wasteful whereas
someone else in same socioeconomic
class wouldn't.
you need to understand that class
shapes thought.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by luluosas(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2013
ciphoenix:

the wierd used there is in reference
to the design. hence the reference to
his previous design which used a real
t-rex bone.

the fact is "waste" is relative.
some folks would actually consider
getting an iPhone a waste

now you're going somewhere else.
my question was

you do consider it wasteful whereas
someone else in same socioeconomic
class wouldn't.
you need to understand that class
shapes thought.
Class or no class, I don't see Dangote spending a whooping 15 million naira on something 'fancy', which will not ultimately adds to his business empire. Thank you.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Fukup(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2013
Its only poor minded people that always complain that things are expensive or that its a waste.as for me,once i hustle and get such money.i will order 10billion naira worth of fone coz i only live once.i must enjoy my money very well b4 i die joor.
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by 2NDACCT(f): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2013
^^ so spending N10b on jst 0NE PHONE dat u can get 4 N100,000 ,
Iz enjoyment baaah ?
Re: Iphone 5 Black Diamond: Worlds Most Expensive Smartphone At $15 Million by Jeffy1206(m): 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
ciphoenix:
is this your excuse?
hahaha lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oukitel K6000 6000mah 2gb Ram Vs Oukitel K6000 Plus Octa Core 6000mah 13 Mp / Airtel Unlimited Download Is Too Slow / How To Run/play PSP Games On Android Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.