Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda (26579 Views)

Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Marriage Introduction / Monalisa Chinda And Segun Arinze At Food Fair Event In Abuja (photos) / Monalisa Chinda Supports Desmond & Wife At House Of Assembly Inauguration (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by aburo7: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2013
Source http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/04/i-regret-being-divorcee-monalisa-chinda.html?m=0
In an interview with Showtime,Nollywood actress MonaLisa Chinda bares her mind for the first time on her love life,crashed marriage and accomplishments.
Here is an extract from the interview:

Do you still believe in love?

I believe in love.Love is the reason for our existence.It's really not enough if you want to get something done,you have to do away with that emotion and be real.

We learnt that you are planning to go into marriage again,is it true?
I would love to remarry.Infact, I am designed to be under a man.I am not going to lie that I like this single mother nomenclature.But wherever there is one at the moment one is bound to get used to the situation.It is not a do or die affair because one has been there before,anything I have to do now must be done right.
I am not in the school of thought where the first one happened and perhaps the second one .No, any bold step I have to take in settling down must be right.I am not ready to make another mistake but I will definitely remarry.I believe in the principles of marriage whether you like it or not marriage is a better option.

How soon are planning to settle down?
I honestly do not know about that and I can't tell for now.

Have you found love again?
It's neither here nor there.I am a lover and I love to love.

Your fans will want to know if there is any man in your life at the moment?
Yes there is a man in my life.

Lanre Nzeribe right?
No comment.This is my private life.

People are alleging that you are pregnant for him?
You can see that I am not pregnant.Naturally I am not pregnant for anybody.

What do you regret most about your past?
One thing I regret most is the fact that I am divorced .Where I come from I am the first daughter.I am from a royal family .It has never been on record that the first daughter will walk out of her matrimonial home.But it is a matter of life and death otherwise I would have stayed back and make my marriage work.I tried to make it work but it takes two people to tango .
That's the only thing I regret,raising my child without the father.It's a bit painful.But I have to live with it.It's better that way than to expose my daughter to all sorts of domestic violence.It will definitely disorient her and affect her upbringing.She will be dis-functional.God knows the best,maybe I should be more careful.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Oshiite: 7:50am On Apr 13, 2013
Dont worry dear,u are better off without that kind of marriage with richards,just be careful okay

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Chinwem(f): 8:12am On Apr 13, 2013
I wish her well

This snippet of the interview is about love,marriage and relationship, isn't that 'private life' enough?
You were answering all the other questions but when it reach to confirm the dude na Lanre you remember say na 'private life'
Nothing do you sha

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Cashkhiid(m): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2013
All you have to do is to be careful dear...don't let that weigh you down! You are a mother remember
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Rooneyboy(m): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2013
This babe is one I really love,I wish her well in all her endeavors .

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Ejine(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2013
I don't mean to incite a tribal war, but why is it that all the Igbo women I know who married Yoruba men don divorce dem sharp sharp?

Steph-Nora Okere don quickly dump and erase her Yoruba husband, and this Ikwerre Monalisa lady has also divorced her abusive husband, who also happens to be Yoruba...

Does this have something to do with family values or are all these dudes just isolated cases? But then again, they just happen to be too numerous to mention.

And it's not just Igbo women divorcing them... Even Yoruba women divorce them in record numbers - Ayo Adesanya is one of the many cases.

And also, if this link from Linda Ikeji is anything to go by, Monalisa's ex-husband quickly went on to marry a Louisiana-based lady Lamide Richards (Yoruba), who has quickly seperated from him and filed for divorce in less than a year, making this the man's THIRD failed marriage

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/11/monalisa-chindas-ex-husbands-second.html?m=1

Please, bigots should kindly stay off. I'd really like answers from reasonable Yoruba people on this issue.
My guess tells me it has to do with their history of polygamy, but it's a wild, dumb guess from me anyway undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 13, 2013
SO DID HE DIVORCE HER OR DID SHE DIVORCE HIM ? I GET THE FEELING SHE MET A NEW MAN AND THEN DECIDED SHE CANT WORK ON HER MARRIAGE ANYMORE.
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by devigblegble: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2013
Life still goes on Iya Monalisa

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Bee4real: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Be careful and never allow your pride to weigh you down.
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Flygerian1(m): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Chinwem: I wish her well

This snippet of the interview is about love,marriage and relationship, isn't that 'private life' enough?
You were answering all the other questions but when it reach to confirm the dude na Lanre you remember say na 'private life'
Nothing do you sha
Amebo! Na err'thin u wan know?undecided

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by 1stola: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2013
ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, AND NOW UA REGRETTING. angry cry angry
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by feminineA: 10:55am On Apr 13, 2013
Only few divorcee will come out and openly confess their regrets. However monalisa learn from ur past mistake so you don't move from frying pan to fire.. The divorce should be a lesson for a better marriage
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2013
smileyAm happy am married oooo
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 13, 2013
Ejiné: I don't mean to incite a tribal war, but why is it that all the Igbo women I know who married Yoruba men don divorce dem sharp sharp?

Steph-Nora Okere don quickly dump and erase her Yoruba husband, and this Ikwerre Monalisa lady has also divorced her abusive husband, who also happens to be Yoruba...

Does this have something to do with family values or are all these dudes just isolated cases? But then again, they just happen to be too numerous to mention.

And it's not just Igbo women divorcing them... Even Yoruba women divorce them in record numbers - Ayo Adesanya is one of the many cases.

And also, if this link from Linda Ikeji is anything to go by, Monalisa's ex-husband quickly went on to marry a Louisiana-based lady Lamide Richards (Yoruba), who has quickly seperated from him and filed for divorce in less than a year, making this the man's THIRD failed marriage

Please, bigots should kindly stay off. I'd really like answers from reasonable Yoruba people on this issue.
My guess tells me it has to do with their history of polygamy, but it's a wild, dumb guess from me anyway undecided

Them gree make person comment for nairaland again? You talk small thing them ban their fathers or them hide your post.

These days I comment more on Vanguard and Punch. Per the topic, its down to the culture of Yorubas and their men feel like a tiny god once the wife bows to greet him.

Yoruba men aren't certainly all the same but I am talking about a good majority of the ones in all class of society. Is it Opasonjo? Tinubu? Awolowo? Diya? Abiola? They are all freaking tiny gods.

Yoruba women please deal with it. You are very welcoming people.
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Ejine(m): 11:05am On Apr 13, 2013
1st ola: ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, AND NOW UA REGRETTING. angry cry angry

How can it be her fault? The man beat her up mercilessly! Can you excuse that?

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Ejine(m): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2013
Tusky44:

Them gree make person comment for nairaland again? You talk small thing them ban their fathers or them hide your post.

These days I comment more on Vanguard and Punch. Per the topic, its down to the culture of Yorubas and their men feel like a tiny god once the wife bows to greet him.

Yoruba men aren't certainly all the same but I am talking about a good majority of the ones in all class of society. Is it Opasonjo? Tinubu? Awolowo? Diya? Abiola? They are all freaking tiny gods.

Yoruba women please deal with it. You are very welcoming people.

I know right? The whole thing tire me sef.
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by sage2(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2013
This MILF is Hawt!
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Scarpon(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2013
am still available come come before is too late
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Akshow: 11:18am On Apr 13, 2013
Ejiné: I don't mean to incite a tribal war, but why is it that all the Igbo women I know who married Yoruba men don divorce dem sharp sharp?

My dear there are jus two tribe of Men in marriage:. The good and the bad Men. Being a good husband has nothin to do with your tribe. Beside pointin out three instances is not enough to make a general conclusion. Again, What makes you think the major reason for the break up is the man's fault? Could.nt it have been the other way round? Suffice to say Lets pray that we marry the right person. Tribe has nothin to do wit it. I could point out uncountable number of yoruba Men married to other tribe and their marriage has stand the test of time So What are we saying?

17 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by hayubee(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2013
All in d name of entertainment, persn get headache abt a celebrity life :d clothe der wearing who dir dating dir hairstyle hence u can even plan ur own lyfe well ! Na wa 4 human being how dis 1 take reduce price of. Fuel not even an educative info!
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by iykak47: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2013
Some feminists won't like this interview
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by jidewin(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2013
aburo7: Source http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/04/i-regret-being-divorcee-monalisa-chinda.html?m=0
In an interview with Showtime,Nollywood actress MonaLisa Chinda bares her mind for the first time on her love life,crashed marriage and accomplishments.
Here is an extract from the interview:

Do you still believe in love?

I believe in love.Love is the reason for our existence.It's really not enough if you want to get something done,you have to do away with that emotion and be real.

We learnt that you are planning to go into marriage again,is it true?
I would love to remarry.Infact, I am designed to be under a man.I am not going to lie that I like this single mother nomenclature.But wherever there is one at the moment one is bound to get used to the situation.It is not a do or die affair because one has been there before,anything I have to do now must be done right.
I am not in the school of thought where the first one happened and perhaps the second one .No, any bold step I have to take in settling down must be right.I am not ready to make another mistake but I will definitely remarry.I believe in the principles of marriage whether you like it or not marriage is a better option.

How soon are planning to settle down?
I honestly do not know about that and I can't tell for now.

Have you found love again?
It's neither here nor there.I am a lover and I love to love.

Your fans will want to know if there is any man in your life at the moment?
Yes there is a man in my life.

Lanre Nzeribe right?
No comment.This is my private life.

People are alleging that you are pregnant for him?
You can see that I am not pregnant.Naturally I am not pregnant for anybody.

What do you regret most about your past?
[b]One thing I regret most is the fact that I am divorced .Where I come from I am the first daughter.I am from a royal family .It has never been on record that the first daughter will walk out of her matrimonial home.[/b]But it is a matter of life and death otherwise I would have stayed back and make my marriage work.I tried to make it work but it takes two people to tango .
That's the only thing I regret,raising my child without the father.It's a bit painful.But I have to live with it.It's better that way than to expose my daughter to all sorts of domestic violence.It will definitely disorient her and affect her upbringing.She will be dis-functional.God knows the best,maybe I should be more careful.
be careful of friends who gives you advises that bothers most times on " Think about yourself first". A timely separation and a possible reconciliation would have saved you this agony". Well its a lesson.No matter how famous or wealthy you could be... single parent hood isn't always the best.It's a classic western bullshit to encourage 'freelancing and adultery".....It is not good that man (woman) should live alone............

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by alaoeri: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2013

Kate Henshaw ex-husband, Euchari Anunobi ex-husband, Liz Benson first husband etc all these ppl na yoruba abi? Don't know why u ppl try to bring in tribal stuff into everything beside every tribe has its own ups & downs.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by ichidodo: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2013

Maybe they are most carnal minded and dont care about long term relationships or committments, especially the men.
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Kx: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2013
Lanre Nzeribe
Is dat an ibo man or a yoruba man/name?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by tamtamlaw: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2013
Dear monalisa. You are a very pretty woman. All you need my dear is to give your life to Christ. Tell Him all your problems. I sure you with all my heart that God will give you the best. Life is not easy for celebrities like you when it comes to love and relationship. That's the more reason you should play very safe now and surrender totally to your creator. Pls don't make another blunder.

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Akshow: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2013
ichidodo: Maybe they are most carnal minded and dont care about long term relationships or committments, especially the men.
as much as i tried to look at ejine's post as not having tribal intent even though its obvious she is a Tribalist, you i have to give a piece of my mind. You are a senseless ogbuefi swine. Anuofia Burundi.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by dasparrow: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2013
1st ola: ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, AND NOW UA REGRETTING. angry cry angry

Its her fault that she married a man who almost beat her to death and made her keep losing her pregnancies abi? You prefer Monalisa remains in the relationship until Deso Richards dices her up like suya just like late Titi Arowolo's husband did right? Then hypocrites like you would came back here and say "Eyaaaa, why did she not leave the relationship when she had the chance to?"

Nigerians! Always, talking from both ends of their mouth. No consistency. Wherever the wind blows, they follow.

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Akshow: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2013
Kx: Lanre Nzeribe
Is dat an ibo man or a yoruba man/name?
he is obviously fathered by an Igbo and ejine is here shamelessly pointin accusing fingers. She get luck i woke on the right side of my bed. Bitter lots
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 13, 2013
This marriage of a thing don tire pesin sef. sometimes i just ask God, must a man and woman be under the same roof as husband and wife to have kids? why can't someone just have kids and be single? marriage na by force?
Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by jidewin(m): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
berem: This marriage of a thing don tire pesin sef. sometimes i just ask God, must a man and woman be under the same roof as husband and wife to have kids? why can't someone just have kids and be single? marriage na by force?
Not by force but by choice.read about her regrets again and there are so many in the same bus today who portrays a false image of i'm single mom and the happiest woman on earth. Marriage ain't meant for babies.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Divorcee-Monalisa Chinda by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
Did I just read the part where she said she doesn't want her daughter to have the experience of domestic violence? Though I don't know what led to her failed marriage but my good guess is 'domestic violence'.
This I so much hate that I can't do to my woman, I can't even allow my sisters or my daughter to constantly suffer abuser from their husbands.
It's well Monalisa Chinda, one of my favorite Nollywood divas

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sinach With President Felix Tshisekedi Of DRC Congo (Photos) / Georgina Onuoha Stuns In Bikini (Photos) / Kunle Afolayan Remembers His Late Father, Adeyemi Josiah Akano (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.