Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,385 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

Share Corruption Instances You've Experienced As A Nigerian. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Corruption Instances You've Experienced As A Nigerian. (486 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Thing You've Caught Someone Else Doing? / Craziest Thing You've Done for Money? / Is It True? Give Instances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Corruption Instances You've Experienced As A Nigerian. by NoContract(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2013
I once followed my sister to a fairly large market around our neighborhood, and she suggested we hit the fresh fish sellers first. The woman who greeted us was fat and her face was so innocent you'd think she was Mary. My sister picked three big Titus and begin price am. The woman said 900N. My sister bargained, the woman no gree. Then my sister told me (in perfect oyinbo accent, of course) that she'll buy the fish but she wan test if d woman be one of those market ripoffs. With the fishseller paying no attention, my sis dug very minute marks on the fishes so as to recognize it in case the woman calls us back first. After a little haggle, we left the stall.

About 5, say 7 seconds later (while we were anxiously hoping d woman would call), she did call! and she said we should pay the price. But by now, the fishes had been put back inside her large container. When my sister told her to bring the fishes back, she took out three almost identical, but different fishes (I later knew they were almost spoilt but frozen so you'll never detect until u start eating.) With trading swiftness, she was about to start cutting when my sis told her to stop and she turned the fishes over. Lo and behold, the surfaces were neat and no pinch marks were visible. That was when I realized we were almost duped. I trust my sis. She gave her the verbal vermin of her life.

SMH @ LOUSY MARKET WOMEN!

I will be posting more stories here and I hope readers follow suit.

(1) (Reply)

'raining Money': If Na You, You Go Return Am? / Delta Uncovers 600 Illegal Schools / Girl Identifies Parents Killer In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.