Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347311 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:55am On Aug 31, 2013
more ibeno beach

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:56am On Aug 31, 2013
Ibom flyover @ night uyo has 4 complete flyovers and a fifth one is currently under construction.All of them constructed by gov. akpabio

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:01am On Aug 31, 2013
calabar itu road. built by julius berger can you see the difference.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Ikot ekpene prison built by Akwa ibom state govt by gov akpabio and handed over to the federal government. the Newest prison in Nigeria. pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:10am On Aug 31, 2013
The old site of the prison was an eyesore in the heart of the city of ikot ekpene so it was moved to a more befitting place and the state govt is planning to build a 3 star hotel in the old prison site in partnership with some private investors

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:34am On Aug 31, 2013
more uyo most of the pictures are courtesy of dnaijaguy

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:36am On Aug 31, 2013
akwa ibom pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:39am On Aug 31, 2013
more pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Akwa

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:46am On Aug 31, 2013
ibom

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:48am On Aug 31, 2013
uncommon transformation

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:49am On Aug 31, 2013
uncommon transformation 1

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:51am On Aug 31, 2013
uncommon transformation 2

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:53am On Aug 31, 2013
uncommon transformantion 3

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:55am On Aug 31, 2013
For more information on the transformation of Akwa ibom state visit: http://www.uncommontransformation.tv/ and www.skyscrapercity.com
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:27am On Aug 31, 2013
nigeria has woken up to the reality of marketing its tourism potentials. i find the video interesting. you can watch it on youtube from the link below:

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N82_0gaKs8U

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Ujoinme : Nice work Bro for keeping the thread alive. Am sorry Iv not had time to get the pictures I promised you, I have been busy with other engagements in Calabar and Aba , besides the weather too hasn't been encouraging cos it rains all day here.

I think we should also try and draw the FG's attention to the deplorable state of Calabar - Itu highway and Aba - Ikot Ekpene road. These roads are terrible especially the Aba - Ikot Ekpene road. The governors of these states should use these projects to bargain from FG whenever they come campaigning . Meanwhile I expect the governors to try and ameliorate the suffering of motorists by doing some repair works at the failed spots . We know Akpabio had reconstructed some segments of this Calabar - Itu highway, and Imoke has used his meagre resources to do the very bad spots , but T.A. Orji hasn't done anything on the Aba - IK road. The Aba part of that road has totally collapsed and its gradually crippling economic activities on that axis .

Lastly this is an educative and informative thread so you will do well to ignore stupid trolls such as Eko Ile or Agbameta or whatever the ignorant fool chooses to answer . The dude is just so unhappy that despite the plenty praise and worship stories of Fashola , he's unable to compile such a thread like this with pictures , rather he takes pictures of VI and Lekki but can't show us pix of the wooden bridge he crosses at Ikola when leaving his house at Iyana Ipaja.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
t-something:
@Ujoinme : Nice work Bro for keeping the thread alive. Am sorry Iv not had time to get the pictures I promised you, I have been busy with other engagements in Calabar and Aba , besides the weather too hasn't been encouraging cos it rains all day here.

I think we should also try and draw the FG's attention to the deplorable state of Calabar - Itu highway and Aba - Ikot Ekpene road. These roads are terrible especially the Aba - Ikot Ekpene road. The governors of these states should use these projects to bargain from FG whenever they come campaigning . Meanwhile I expect the governors to try and ameliorate the suffering of motorists by doing some repair works at the failed spots . We know Akpabio had reconstructed some segments of this Calabar - Itu highway, and Imoke has used his meagre resources to do the very bad spots , but T.A. Orji hasn't done anything on the Aba - IK road. The Aba part of that road has totally collapsed and its gradually crippling economic activities on that axis .

Lastly this is an educative and informative thread so you will do well to ignore stupid trolls such as Eko Ile or Agbameta or whatever the ignorant fool chooses to answer . The dude is just so unhappy that despite the plenty praise and worship stories of Fashola , he's unable to compile such a thread like this with pictures , rather he takes pictures of VI and Lekki but can't show us pix of the wooden bridge he crosses at Ikola when leaving his house at Iyana Ipaja.

Thanks bro, but am still counting on you for your updates as am not in uyo presently to take pictures.so i will be relying on you and some others to constantly post pictures and updates here.
I want us to keep this thread alive to showcase Akwa ibom as the wise man says that pictures is worth a thousand words.

Akwa ibom has not reached eldorado yet, but any sane Nigeria who knew this region before the advent of this administration cannot deny the drastic transformation that is taking place in akwa ibom.
I commend this administration for its good work so far and also acknowledge that there are still a lot yet to be done too.
Government every where in the world exist to solve the challenges that faces its people so this thread should also showcase the challenges in akwa ibom too so if you see stuff like the bad roads from ikot ekpene to Aba and from itu to calabar axis take those pictures too and we can also showcase them here too. The challenges doesn't take away from your good works especially if you have plans or are working on plans to address them.

As for the trolls those who need information we will provide. and those who believe the myth about state govts. ill performance based on the performance on ground in their respective states we will shake and challenge such myths with facts when it comes to what akwa ibom state is doing.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Longeria(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
agbameta: Kpele, didn't mean to upset you, just trying to bring you down to reality.

You are not getting anything more beyond what I posted for your $300 million + fraud called village airport.

Even the repainted kiosk in Enugu looks better than this $300 million fraud... grin

I've concluded that you're psychiatric patient.

I wish you get well quick.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by TheBookWorm: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
This is an example of a city in Nigeria that needs more people.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Stunt rider on uyo roads and water cannon salute for arik air on their maiden flight marking the opening of uyo airport for commercial passenger service Dec 2,2009 a memorable day in the state

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Attracting private investment more is needed in the state
http://www.amaecomglobal.com/index.htm

official commissioning of the company head office
http://wetinhappen..com/2012/08/amaecom-global-ltd-opens-its-corporate.html

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by agbameta: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
I see the story don hit road block. Na to post meaningless and random pics with the already posted roads remain... Even the phony library get posted like a million times..

Abeg quit wasting bandwidth on recycled nothings. grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
ujoinme: any sane Nigeria who knew this region before the advent of this administration cannot deny the drastic transformation that is taking place in akwa ibom.
I commend this administration
What u've stated above is completely in error, false n misleading, n gives d impression dat u're a paid propaganda agent of d govt, except u wanna tell me u landed in akwa ibom just recently. In as much as i salute and commend Gov. Akpabio 4 consolidating on d infrastructural developments which his predecessor started, it will be very uncharitable 2claim & insult d intelligence of a proud Akwa Ibom son like me dat d transformation in Akwa ibom started just in 2007. In specific terms however, Akpabio may be commended 4d developments dat have taken place in ikot ekpene zone & in some suburbs of Uyo, includin all his ambitious signature projects. But it is on record dat all major civil works in uyo including major dual-carriage roads, new housing estates in osong ama, shelter afrique et al, as well some other signature projects like Uyo-Plaza, Le Meridien hotel, et al; were on ground even before 2003. But d difference lies in d fact dat d former governor did not showcase his deeds 2d outside world as akpabio is doing thro his "uncommon transformation tv-program" showing on national networks, as well as d guided-tours which he conducts for all high-profile guests 2d state. So pls desist from makin such annoying comments dat are false.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
What u've stated above is completely in error, false n misleading, n gives d impression dat u're a paid propaganda agent of d govt, except u wanna tell me u landed in akwa ibom just recently. In as much as i salute and commend Gov. Akpabio 4 consolidating on d infrastructural developments which his predecessor started, it will be very uncharitable 2claim & insult d intelligence of a proud Akwa Ibom son like me dat d transformation in Akwa ibom started just in 2007. In specific terms however, Akpabio may be commended 4d developments dat have taken place in ikot ekpene zone & in some suburbs of Uyo, includin all his ambitious signature projects. But it is on record dat all major civil works in uyo including major dual-carriage roads, new housing estates in osong ama, shelter afrique et al, as well some other signature projects like Uyo-Plaza, Le Meridien hotel, et al; were on ground even before 2003. But d difference lies in d fact dat d former governor did not showcase his deeds 2d outside world as akpabio is doing thro his "uncommon transformation tv-program" showing on national networks, as well as d guided-tours which he conducts for all high-profile guests 2d state. So pls desist from makin such annoying comments dat are false.

I will stand by my statement. however you are welcome to disagree with me, But if we want to be sincere you will also confess the truth about the present administration in its efforts to transform the state.

I am not insulting anyone intelligence here and i do not appreciate your casting aspersion on my person if you want to disagree on the substance of the developmental strides in the state under the present administration, i will very much like to engage you on that.

My aim is not to discountenance the achievements of others/previous administrations in the state that will be so naive of me to do so, after all government is a continuum. I agree with you that gov.Attah was a great visioner and a very bold leader but in terms of execution of projects he didn't do that well ,Fact! but he still left his marks on the state.as he left a blue print which the present gov. who was part of his cabinet has executed effectively.

Here are the facts Attah conceived the airport project, le meridien hotel, the power plant,etc but none of this plans were executed to conclusion by his administration, but the present administration has succeeded in implementing and even improving on those visions that attah had if you are sincere you will agree that none of those projects were workable or at the stage they are today during attahs admin.

Don't try to belittle Akpabio's achievement by alluding to the fact that he is just a better salesman than Attah was, while that is true you also have to countenance the fact that a good products enhances the success of a salesman. hence Akpabio's success might not be unconnected to the fact that he has better product to sale than his former boss did.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Why aren't people flocking to Akwa-Ibom yet......Why aren't people flocking to Akwa-Ibom yet....Why aren't people flocking to Akwa-Ibom.....
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
ba7man: Why aren't people flocking to Akwa-Ibom yet......Why aren't people flocking to Akwa-Ibom yet....Why aren't people flocking to Akwa-Ibom.....

the administration has adopted the mantra of " build it and they will come".... and trust me they are still building, and in no distant time people will come. and they have already started coming.more people are visiting the state than they used to prior to 2007. and more people are aware of UYO now than before.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:

My brother I thought by now we should be tired of this comparison between Attah and Akpabio . Both governors reigned under different atmospheres . First we cant deny the fact that Attah was father of modern Akwa Ibom, while Akpabio pursued that vision rigorously and passionately with his eyes for excellence .Attah didn't have the money Akpabio had, but he fought for the resources of the state, Akpabio was lucky to meet this boom in funds and aggressively pursued the dream of Attah .
It will be wicked to lie that Akpabio has just done few roads in Uyo. Lemme refresh your memory of few uyo roads undertaken by Akpabio .
3rd Ring Road
Dualization of Oron road from Mbiabong to Airport
Aka Road to Nung Udoe
Osong Ama roads
Ewet Housing roads currently undertaken by Mothercat
Urbanization of Ikpa road junction by Ikot Ekpene road
Urbanization of Brooks street junction by barracks road and Nwaniba road
Urbanization of Edet Akpan Avenue junction by Nwaniba road
Calabar - Itu road
Dualization of Ekom Iman to Abak
Dualization of Uyo to Ikot Ekpene

Please let's remove hate and sentiments and say things as they are, Akpabio has completed more KM of roads than the entire 8years of Attah and we don't expect less because he has far more resources than Attah and let's not forget came in when we had a nascent democracy and had to spend time and resources stabilizing the polity. Why I appreciate Akpabio is because he hasn't spared anything to bring quality infrastructures of world standards to Akwa Ibom.

Before you start to call me a paid agent, Note I am a full blooded Ibibio man and say things as they are.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
ujoinme:

the administration has adopted the mantra of " build it and they will come".... and trust me they are still building, and in no distant time people will come. and they have already started coming.more people are visiting the state than they used to prior to 2007. and more people are aware of UYO now than before.
The last thing i would want is it turning to an over-crowded location. They should try to retain that serene atmosphere.

Having a country home in that region would be a very inviting idea.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
ujoinme:

I will stand by my statement. however you are welcome to disagree with me, But if we want to be sincere you will also confess the truth about the present administration in its efforts to transform the state.

I am not insulting anyone intelligence here and i do not appreciate your casting aspersion on my person if you want to disagree on the substance of the developmental strides in the state under the present administration, i will very much like to engage you on that.

My aim is not to discountenance the achievements of others/previous administrations in the state that will be so naive of me to do so, after all government is a continuum. I agree with you that gov.Attah was a great visioner and a very bold leader but in terms of execution of projects he didn't do that well ,Fact! but he still left his marks on the state.as he left a blue print which the present gov. who was part of his cabinet has executed effectively.

Here are the facts Attah conceived the airport project, le meridien hotel, the power plant,etc but none of this plans were executed to conclusion by his administration, but the present administration has succeeded in implementing and even improving on those visions that attah had if you are sincere you will agree that none of those projects were workable or at the stage they are today during attahs admin.

Don't try to belittle Akpabio's achievement by alluding to the fact that he is just a better salesman than Attah was, while that is true you also have to countenance the fact that a good products enhances the success of a salesman. hence Akpabio's success might not be unconnected to the fact that he has better product to sale than his former boss did.
i also stand by my earlier statement because d tone of all ur posts give u away as a paid-agent. I also do not know what "truth" u want me to "confess". i've already stated in my penultimate post dat "i salute n commend gov.akpabio" for consolidating on what he's predecessor started. I also clearly alluded to his several "ambitious signature projects" which he has perfectly executed or is executing. So again i ask u, wot "truth" do u really want me 2 "confess"? I believe dat dis space shd be a platform 4 genuine akwa ibom sons to offer fair, unbias, objectives n undiluted perspectives on all positive events takin-place in akwa ibom, n not 4anyone 2act as anyone's false propagandist. Thus, in d post u quoted, i did not specifically mention d name of victor attah d former gov, i also deliberately avoided listing projects like d airport, state-university, power-plant, et al for obvious reasons. It wil interest u to know dat I've always got very seriously reservations over d way n manner d former gov executed most of his projects, n i hav personally scored him a "C" for his average performance. However, dat does not mean dat one shd be robbing peter 2pay paul, or shd not be sincere enough to give honor or credit 2whom it is due. And in dis case- to recognise d little stuffs attah left behind. His little accomplishments must not be disrespected! The reason I feel insulted is because, it is comments from pple like u dat give strangers d errorneous impression dat Akwa ibom land & its peoples just actually emerged 4m a state of a dark-jungle, doldrums, deprivation, lack n underdevelopment which supposedly existed b4 d advent of this administration in 2007, and therefore all thanks must go to godswill akpabio (their MESSIAH). Such comment n d attendant impression it gives are not only insultive, but blasphemous! u also talked bout engaging me on d issue as 2 who btw attah n akpabio is a better leader. Well, in as much as i deem both personalities 2b average leaders, i can bet u dat if i am 2engage u wit scientific details as to who's better, vis-a-viz d resources at each disposal. U'll be amaze dat d former gov is better than akpabio. Dat being said, i am not anyone's apologist nor i'm i sympathetic 2anyone of dem. I AM ONLY A TRUE SON OF AKWA IBOM LOOKING-OUT FOR THE GOOD OF MY HOMELAND. Therefore, i'll like 2warn dat no one shd politicise dis tread nor act as anyone's apologist.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
t-something:

My brother I thought by now we should be tired of this comparison between Attah and Akpabio . .
It will be wicked to lie that Akpabio has just done few roads in Uyo. Lemme refresh your memory of few uyo roads undertaken by the akpabio's administration...

Please let's remove hate and sentiments and say things as are. Why I appreciate Akpabio is because he hasn't spared anything to bring quality infrastructures of world standard.
Some of d issues u raised werent quite relevant or connected to my earlier post, so i've decided to erased them so as to respond 2 ur other fundamental issues frontally. First, i nid 2inform u dat i neva engaged anyone in whateva comparison on dis tread, be it Attah v. Akpabio, or anyone 4dat matter. So don't see d basis 4ur assertion or advice. In dat post, i was only attempting 2ask dat wot belongs 2 ceaser's must be given or left for ceaser, n wot belong 2d jew must also be given or left 4d jew. Secondly, i wonder who was "wicked to lie dat akpabio has done only a few roads in uyo", n also ur basis for attempting to "refresh" my memory on d roads done by akpabio. Pls take notice dat d basis of all ur assertions were faulty, needless, fallacious n unnecessary. In d post u were referencing, i stated dat most of d roads akpabio has done are in d suburbs of Uyo, or d new areas of d city (if u like). And u went on 2 list dem again without taking full cognizance of my earlier unambiguous comment, n thereby drawing d same conclusion as mine! Even d so-called "urbanization projects", are to me too trivial to be counted as significant projects funded by a rich state like akwa ibom. Such projects like water-fountains, junction-construction, flower-planting et al; are projects dat ordinarily shd be handled by d local govt authority. Therefore, i dont see why u shd embarrass d state-govt by listing those as well in ur long-list. I've neva disagreed wit u dat akpabio has "spared nothing to bring quality infrastructure of world-standard" to the state. On d contrary, i have always alluded 2d numerous accomplishments of akpabio govt in embarking on ambitious signature projects to place d state on a much higher pedestal. So i ask you, where is dis "hate or sentiments" coming from? And from where are u attempting to "remove" them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.