Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,970 members, 7,863,453 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:02 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (348481 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 14, 2014
texanomaly: It is beautiful! Can't wait to see it for real...
Uyo would soon be the 'third city' of Nigeria, overtaking Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
CFCfan:
Uyo would soon be the 'third city' of Nigeria, overtaking Port Harcourt.

yeah we are growing at a good rate, what we just need is the seaport completion, cause we already have an airport, power plant, gas plant, big hotel chains coming in, beaches, oil/gas and good land
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
A street scene in Uyo, Nigeria pic by Ismael Ruis

4 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
ujoinme: A street scene in Uyo, Nigeria pic by Ismael Ruis

Nice! I'm loving this place.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
Uyo Under construction by Ismael Ruis

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Uyo is rising fast!

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 1:59am On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan: Uyo is rising fast!

yeah
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
UYO UNDER CONSTRUCTION PIC BY TONY AKPAN

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
smiley
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by poiZon: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
ujoinme: UYO UNDER CONSTRUCTION

bro abeg wetin be d update on the seaport? also I heard our gov went on borrowing spree, d amount being 80billion naira being borrowedfor development, do we really need borrowngx now considering the inflow of allocation to excess crude coupled with internally generated revenue. pls can you clarify these issues for me! thanks

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
8 LANE EXPRESS ROAD UYO

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by poiZon: 8:37am On Aug 07, 2014
@UJOnime i envy u bro, u get leg for this administration. ur own beta!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by deor03(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2014
How can I get a plot of land in Uyo. I want to build a holiday home.

This place depicts serenity

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
BadBoy25: the entire place looks like a garbage dump. i'm not impressed .
Its still developing
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 09, 2014
ujoinme: 8 LANE EXPRESS ROAD UYO
Na 4 lane dem dey call am mbok grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by poiZon: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2014
deor03: How can I get a plot of land in Uyo. I want to build a holiday home.

This place depicts serenity

plots dey stadium road n ewet depends on ur POCKET.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by poiZon: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Na 4 lane dem dey call am mbok grin

NO mind ujonime, de guy na real akpabio's follower. dont knw what will happen to him come 2015, may29th to be precise. if i be him for invest wisely n be generous too cos u cant tell wat might become of akpabio's stoooges.
all d same
GOD bless anO MKPO INAM of AKWA ABASI IBOM STATE.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
Uyo stadium to be ready for commissioning by mr President in september 2014 stay tunned.

5 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Boyedex: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
what an edifice. its finer than abuja stadium self. its so cool.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Abak - Uyo suspended bridge at Ediene Abak Under construction by julius berger to be commissioned by my president in September 2014 to mark Akwa ibom 27 yrs of state creation. stay tunned.

5 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
This is all Uyo has to offer as a city. It looks like a large village to me. What is going on in Nigeria?! I can't understand why we can't develop! I just can't! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry cry cry
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by jazzydee: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice one! Akwa ibom is really leading in infrastructural renewal. when i see this kind of infrastructure embarked by a state government i am convinced that there is hope for nigeria. Akwa ibom Ayaya!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
ujoinme: Abak - Uyo suspended bridge at Ediene Abak Under construction by julius berger to be commissioned by my president in September 2014 to mark Akwa ibom 27 yrs of state creation. stay tunned.

Nice bridge but ujoinme there is absolutely nothing "suspended" about the bridge. Please do well to correct the caption.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
all4naija: This is all Uyo has to offer as a city. It looks like a large village to me. What is going on in Nigeria?! I can't understand why we can't develop! I just can't! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry cry cry

^^^Go fuc/k yourself if the pics are paining you!

The people of Akwa Ibom like the pace of development in their state and that is all that matters!

4 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Go fuc/k yourself if the pics are paining you!

The people of Akwa Ibom like the pace of development in their state and that is all that matters!
You'd go and f**k yourself, you village champ! You DICK! I am not satisfied with the poor development because the world is advancing fast. Why can't Nigeria do the same?

You i d i o t!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
BabaTony:

Nice bridge but ujoinme there is absolutely nothing "suspended" about the bridge. Please do well to correct the caption.
Babatony what will you call the lekki - ikoyi link bridge? the Lagos state government calls it a suspended bridge and in my opinion there is nothing suspended about that bridge.

States can call their infrastructure what ever they like, i was just quoting the Akwa ibom state govt. caption for the bridge its not my opinion.
I dont care what fancy name they choose to call their infrastructure as long as they build it.

I usually take words like international, world class,massive, state of the arts etc and in this case " suspended" attached to infrastructures anywhere in Nigeria with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
all4naija: This is all Uyo has to offer as a city. It looks like a large village to me. What is going on in Nigeria?! I can't understand why we can't develop! I just can't! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry cry cry

The pix are quite nice actually. I live in the US and have lived in huge cities and on a spalling ranch. I love the looks of this place. A huge metropolis is way overrated. This is the perfect cross between the slower pace of small towns and the hustle and bustle of the big city.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
texanomaly:

The pix are quite nice actually. I live in the US and have lived in huge cities and on a spalling ranch. I love the looks of this place. A huge metropolis is way overrated. This is the perfect cross between the slower pace of small towns and the hustle and bustle of the big city.
No, you live in the poor urban area with better infrastructure to Uyo's. The population in that city is appalling with less and poor infrastructure to meet their needs.

It doesn't mean the buildings have to be shafts like in most images and the environment rural to claim this development is right. Indeed, you are just one individual who is possibly satisfied with rural nature of that place which I disagree with. No good transport system, no central drainage system, no effective power system, no urban commuters, no modern beautification of the surroundings and the way they access the poor development is annoying to say the least and it is called a city. What more can I say about it?!

I don't think you are making sense at all. Please, don't come here with you baseless point to tell us about liking the development yet making comparison with the west that has urban planning. You're totally wrong!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
all4naija:
No, you live in the poor urban area with better infrastructure to Uyo's. The population in that city is appalling with less and poor infrastructure to meet their needs.

It doesn't mean the buildings have to be shafts like in most images and the environment rural to claim this development is right. Indeed, you are just one individual who is possibly satisfied with rural nature of that place which I disagree with. No good transport system, no central drainage system, no effective power system, no urban commuters, no modern beautification of the surroundings and the way they access the poor development is annoying to say the least and it is called a city. What more can I say about it?!

I don't think you are making sense at all. Please, don't come here with you baseless point to tell us about liking the development yet making comparison with the west that has urban planning. You're totally wrong!

Don't they have to start somewhere though? Instead of complaining and using bad language, why not be a positive voice and get Nigeria headed in the right direction. Affect positive change.

5 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
texanomaly:

Don't they have to start somewhere though? Instead of complaining and using bad language why not be a positive voice and get Nigeria headed in the right direction. Affect positive change.
Oh, please! I have been hearing of that for years(don't they have to start from somewhere?). They have been starting from somewhere from time immemorial without coming up with something tangible. UAE did it, Singapore did, now Qatar is doing it and I don't know why Nigeria's case has to be different. The problem with Nigeria is not only of leadership but poor approach to development. Jeez!

I am asking for positive change, lady! I have no idea of what you are talking about!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2014
ujoinme: Babatony what will you call the lekki - ikoyi link bridge? the Lagos state government calls it a suspended bridge and in my opinion there is nothing suspended about that bridge.

States can call their infrastructure what ever they like, i was just quoting the Akwa ibom state govt. caption for the bridge its not my opinion.
I dont care what fancy name they choose to call their infrastructure as long as they build it.

I usually take words like international, world class,massive, state of the arts etc and in this case " suspended" attached to infrastructures anywhere in Nigeria with a pinch of salt.

Ujoinme, first of all YES the lekki ikoyi link bridge is a SUSPENSION bridge, as you see from the picture below, there is a tower where the suspension cables are linking the suspended section of the bridge. It is our responsibility as educated people to draw the line between politics and educate our people appropriately. We should all know "world class", "massive", "state of the art" when we see it. If the government did not know or made a mistake you shouldn't help spread or propagate that mistake or ignorance. Lets make it our responsibility to do and say the right thing at all times. The bridge is a nice well built one, quite high too no doubt about it but its not a suspension bridge for heaven sake. Kudos to the government. I have cared to post other examples of suspension bridges to educate other readers. Cheers smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.