Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Lagos Budget Records 61% First Quarter Performance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Budget Records 61% First Quarter Performance (466 Views)

61% Of Nigerians Approve Pres Jonathan’s Performance / Nigerians Living In Poverty Rise To Nearly 61% / Governor Fashola Signs $3 Billion Dollar Lagos Budget 2011 Into Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Budget Records 61% First Quarter Performance by EkoAtlantic: 12:25am On Apr 14, 2013
BY KAMAL TAYO OROPO
[size=15pt]LAGOS State government Saturday said it has achieved a 61 per cent performance in the first quarter implementation of its 2013 budget.

Governor Babatunde Fashola, who disclosed this after an executive council review, however, noted that though the performance is slightly lower than the 65 per cent recorded in the corresponding period, last year, it is still well within the mark of effective implementation.

Paucity of funds, according to him, has affected implementation, but he assured that the government would do its best to achieve a remarkably improved performance by the end of the year.

“Yes, we just received the first quarter report for 2013 of the budget performance and the result was a 61 percent performance, slightly down from performance in the first quarter of 2012 which was 65 per cent.

“I am satisfied and I think the capacity will improve in the second quarter. But then that will be subject to funding, because that is the major challenge we have had to deal with,” the governor said.

He added: “I am comforted that things are heading in the right direction and we remain committed to improving upon the 2012 overall performance of 89 per cent at the end the year.”

Stressing that no development could be achieved in an atmosphere of disorder and insecurity, and urging residents to respect the state’s laws in the interest of progress, the governor restated commitment to improving the life of residents through projects and services.

Earlier, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, Ben Akabueze, said the budget has so far done well in the area of revenue generation.

He said the government would intensify efforts on completion of ongoing projects to significantly improve performance for the remaining quarters.

The commissioner urged Lagosians not to see the budget as government’s affair, saying they must own the budget and contribute to its success by way of prompt payment of taxes.[/size]

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118833:lagos-budget-records-61-first-quarter-performance&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Lagos Budget Records 61% First Quarter Performance by EkoIle1: 12:39am On Apr 14, 2013
Not bad considering all the major projects in need of funds..

eko o ni baje o..
Re: Lagos Budget Records 61% First Quarter Performance by EkoAtlantic: 12:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Obaje ti!

(1) (Reply)

WesternNiger.com Why I moved, nairaland edit my post by Musiwa / Three Feared Dead As Container Falls Off Truck / Jonathan - Count Me Out Of2015 For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.