Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? (895 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by nenergy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
Every job has its fair share of stress. Some are very stressful while others are a little less stressful. Bodi nobi firewood, hence every job has a short-run and long-run effect on the body. I will highlight some Nigerian Jobs and their physiological effects. Let me start with myself.

Online customer assistance: So i provide online customer assistance for a network support group and the physiological effects peculiar to my job are; back and neck pain (sitting for too long), tingling of the hand (constant keyboarding), tingling of the ears (sound from headset) and strained eyes (staring at monitor), sometimes your face become heavy from over talking and a “hangover” feeling from night shifts. But i love what i do.

Teacher: The physiological effects peculiar to the teaching profession are; osteo-strains (from excessive standing), numbing of hand from constant writing on the board, risk of poisoning from chalk particles, constant headache from dealing with stubborn pupils, and sometimes your face become heavy from over talking too.

Police Force: how many light skinned police men do you know? Very few right? That’s because sun dey show dem pepper on duty. Other physiological effects peculiar to being a police man are; osteo-strains (from excessive foot patrolling), risk of poisoning/infection from dirty and contaminated Naira notes, risk of being ran over and other miscellaneous mishaps caused by torrents of curses from past “victims”.

I will come up with more later….....Happy Sunday!
Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by nenergy(m): 8:10am On Apr 15, 2013
Bank Teller: Aside from back/neck pain, infection from handling dirty and contaminated Naira notes, bank Tellers can get muscle cramps from excessive stamping. Also the “weather” in bulk counting rooms can cause pneumonia.
Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by mrczar(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2013
u make small sense

1 Like

Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by MissOpe(f): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2013
@ Moderator...Front Page pls...this Piece of write up is very educative and informative.
Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by nenergy(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2013
Engineering: Tuning, cranking, and handling heavy tools/ machinery can cause hardened palms. If na lie, shake your mechanic hand- sand paper! Engineers also get bruises and smelly feet from constantly wearing boots. Also there is the risk of deformity from mechanical/electrical accidents.
Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by kevoh(m): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
nenergy: Engineering: Tuning, cranking, and handling heavy tools/ machinery can cause hardened palms. If na lie, shake your mechanic hand- sand paper! Engineers also get bruises and smelly feet from constantly wearing boots. Also there is the risk of deformity from mechanical/electrical accidents.
True talk!
Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by nenergy(m): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
Bus conducting: I am sure many people will argue against it, but Bus conducting is a career. These guys are marketers, co-ordinators, announcers and cashiers rolled up in one. The physiological effects peculiar to being a bus conductor are; hoarse voice from constant shouting-calling attention of potential passenger, calling bus stops/insulting passengers-Injuries/scars from scuffles and Police/LASTMAN brutality. Secondly, bus conductors are known to take a lot alcohol. You can’t conduct a bus in Nigeria with “clear eyes”, these accounts for redness of the eyes. Finally, bus conducting has the highest risk of infection from handling dirty and contaminated Naira notes.
Re: What are the Physiological Effects peculiar to your job? by PrinceFisher(m): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2013
Hmmn, interesting grin

(1) (Reply)

Computer Science Vs Information Tech / Immigration Recruitment Extended! / 11 Mistakes You Make At Work On Daily Basis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.