Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Siasia Wanted At Bolton - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Wanted At Bolton (695 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Wanted At Bolton by yommys01(m): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2008
The Independent says Bolton are exploring the prospect of a management structure overhaul, which is likely to lead to Gary Megson leaving in the summer.

So far Bolton have yet to identify who they want as their director of football, although they are considering candidates with experience of managing in the top flight. That's because it's thought they are prepared to take a gamble on the man who could coach the first-team.

One candidate is believed to be Siasia who is currently the coach of the Nigerian under-23 team which is competing in this summer's Olympics and is regarded as one of the favourites for the gold medal.

While viewed as a major gamble, Siasia enjoys a big reputation within football and can count on Berti Vogts and Jose Mourinho as fans.

Siasia spent some time monitoring the work of Mourinho while he was Chelsea manager and is believed to have impressed the Portuguese.

He is not the only coach under consideration by Bolton although they are also aware that he played a crucial role in the development of a crop of young Nigerian players and are keen to tap into his expertise.

source http://soccerfanbase.com/index.php/topic,66.0.html
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by SamMilla1(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2008
this will be a giant step for african football if he is nominated for the job.
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by vichel(m): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
Yeah i just read the story on kickoffnigeria.com, this is wonderful,i just hope this actually materialise
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by deola1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
cool
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by nguage(m): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
I am sorry guys, but I have to bust your bubbles. Siasia doesn't have the UEFA licence, he needs that before he'll ever coach any teams in Europe.
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by Ibime(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2008
Hold on - SiaSia impressed Mourinho but he cant impress NFA selectors? Shame on them!
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by bluehorizo(m): 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2008
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by presido1: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2008
n-guage:

I am sorry guys, but I have to bust your bubbles. Siasia doesn't have the UEFA licence, he needs that before he'll ever coach any teams in Europe.
what of southgate, roy keane and AG of chelsea. is it cuz siasia is a nigerian? He can still get while doing his job if ever he gets the Job anyway.
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by benedo(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2008
Yez, siasia should leave naija for bolton as soon as he wins the olympic soccer Gold with the naija team in the summer Olympics.

I have never supported the idea that he should graduate to coach the super eagles now,tHE bloody nfa chaps may end up mesing up the young coaches' career, let them please put their house in order and not spoil the career and reputation of this briiliant coach, handling the super eagles of Nigera is a different ball game entirely, the situation in that glasshouse is no disposed to anyone making a succes of coaching the super eagles.
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by icezik1(m): 9:05am On Apr 09, 2008
I was scanning the internet this morning and it is certainly true that Siasia is being linked with Bolton. It ain't a rumour, even Bolton newspapers claim that it is true. However, the club itself has denied approaching or even considering Siasia for Bolton Wanderers. Personally, I can't believe Siasia will coach such a big team like Bolton, but that's my opinion.

UP CHELSEA!
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by dyabman(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2008
@benedo -- why u decievin urself mr.man, sis
benedo:

Yez, siasia should leave naija for bolton as soon as he wins the olympic soccer Gold with the naija team in the summer Olympics.

I have never supported the idea that he should graduate to coach the super eagles now,tHE bloody nfa chaps may end up mesing up the young coaches' career, let them please put their house in order and not spoil the career and reputation of this briiliant coach, handling the super eagles of Nigera is a different ball game entirely, the situation in that glasshouse is no disposed to anyone making a succes of coaching the super eagles.

Dreamer, faker
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by zeez14: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2008
impossible
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by A40(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2008
Yeah so i heard
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by lalaboi(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2008
confirmed!! false rumour
Re: Siasia Wanted At Bolton by benedo(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2008
@dybaman

U sir a a bloody pessimist, turn your face towards the sun and see the light. cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Belgium: 4-1 / Pure Night Robbery To Deny Chelsea A Place In Rome. / Liverpool(3) Vs Tottenham Hotspur(1) On Sunday 24th May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.