Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,581 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:57 PM

How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation (562 Views)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation by Yooguyz: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Realizing that your intimate attraction is different from others and coming to terms with it is difficult. Maintaining your faith while living as a man of orientation is even more difficult- sometimes you feel ostracized from people, thoughts of suicide, internal hatred for yourself. But believe me you can find that inner peace and tranquility your soul desires. Christianity is a relationship not a religion hence it's open to all.
STEPS
1.realize that Jesus loves you.'just as i am' is a hymn that captures this thought perfectly you didn't do anything to earn his love, you didn't even deserve his love. Remember the leper who asked Jesus if he was willing to heal him. Jesus said he was more than willing to make him whole, he didn't telling him that healing was reserved for a category of people, infact all he needed was his faith.
2.[b]stand on the simplicity of Jesus' completed work.[/b]As he was dying on the cross he said it is finished. When he gave his life on the cross he paid the price with his blood for everyones sins once and for all. No matter what others have said about you, your sins have been washed away in God's eyes you brand new. Remember Jesus was never homophobic he never even used the word 'gay' he was apt to teach and love (non-romantic) everyone irrespective of gender, class, race, orientation e.t.c. He saw everyone through God's eyes.
3. Realize that God sees you through the eyes of faith. Your faith here is your fellowship with christ. Sometimes, church-going people will find it hard to believe your salvation, instead they are fixated on dogma or rules.
4. Attend a church that shows you love
5. Maintain a sense of humour and humility. Most people who have never had a person of orientation in their life may suprise you with their reactions try to maintain a sense of humour if remark negatively about you, they're clueless about other things as they about you
Re: How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
1 cor 6:9 Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality.

Yes God loves you and heaven is hoping you fight the good fight of faith to put the flesh under. There is no coming to terms with sin or anything that will separate you from the love of Christ.Jesus is hoping you win this battle.

1 Like

Re: How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation by Yooguyz: 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
@adr, if you study the original translation of that verse, you will notice that Apostle Paul never used labels, # some translations may have done that # this implys that orientation has to do with nature while preferences has to do with choices, lemme break it down
if some one has an unusual romantic attraction, that in itself doesn't make him a sinner infact it is scientificaly proven that your genetic make up may determine your attraction. It is only when he acts it out, thats when it's now a sin. That was what i meant by reconciliation of faith and attraction
for centuries the church has erronoesness misinterpreted God's word and mistreated people on the basis of race, class, ethnic group e.t.c.
Lemme ask you a question do you think Jesus would discriminate against anyone?
Re: How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation by Jezuspoa: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
@yooguyz, homosexuality is not an orientation, its a choice, a wrong choice leads to a bad habit. Hence there no such thing as reconciliation of faith and intimate whatever..
Don't read meaning into what i wrote, i don't hate gay people, i believe a person who repents from his gaylifestyle can be used by God, i even have a brother who is gay! What i don't approve of is their dirty lifestyle.
Keep with fight bro the lord is with you!
Re: How To Reconcile Your Christian Faith And Your Intimate Orientation by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 31, 2013
Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Faith. / My Time In Heaven By Don Piper / Is There Freedom Of Religion In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.