Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. (5741 Views)

How To Successfully Understand A Used Car Dealer In A Used Car Auction! / ANYONE NEEDS TO BUY A CAR FROM COTONOU & NEEDS A CAR DEALER...... / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by jaibang(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
very sorry for what happened. Advice noted, but Mr. Francis, try and clear your name on the bribery. A good name is better than money...
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
@ jailbang - thanks for your concern, it really was and still is a painful experience.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by ophilly: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sorry Dr. Joe, I think the only mistake on your part is that you could have created time to travel to Benin to personally assess the quality and serviceability of the car. You see, a good percentage of cars posted on NL are not as good as they look, you really need to see what you want to buy, you must also insist on having a test-drive. I must confess that doing all these may not even guarantee a fair deal but at least its better than not taking any step.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by gunpoint(m): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
Mods, if the seller will not defend himself, ban him and close all his other ongoing car sales treads, he seems to have quite a few more and there is no guarantee it won't be the same story.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by chucky234(m): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
Dr. Joe sorry for the disappointment, Nlanders and their unreliable ways of doing things,imagine selling a fault ridden rickety car to someone whose wife is in such a delicate situation that requires funds to prepare for the arrival of their baby.
So so sad
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Fogman(m): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
Dr Joe, very sorry about the faulty buy. I will reserve my comment, until Francismic states his version of the deal.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 16, 2013
thanks all for your concern, I am also patiently waiting for the guy to come and defend himself.
the driver brought the car very late in the evening, so i didnt allow him to go, i provided shelter, food & drink for him, he passed the night at my place. when we were talking about the faulty car, the driver confessed to me that the car was overheating and he told them to disconnect all the AC stuff so he could deliver safely.
they did and they told him how to connect it back but unfortunately the driver could not connect it back, he started calling them.
i gave the driver a warmly hospitality at my place and he felt pity for me, he then opened up to the best of his knowledge on the car.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 16, 2013
when i called my friend's brother who betrayed me, he told me that " i should thank God that the car was delivered safely" i explained the faults to him and he told me that " those guys are Benin boys, even if i brought the car back am going to loose both the car and the money, that they would not refund me, that he knew them.
i have the names and phone numbers of all the parties involved in case this guy tries to deny. i also can provide a copy of the auto scan of the vehicle days ago.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 16, 2013
sorry Dr. Joe for your bitter experience, it has happened to me in 2011 but the dealer was not as heartless as the guy you had issue with. at least he refunded me a small amount to add up and do the fixes.

Congratulations!!!! on your new born baby. look at the brighter side, forgive your friend's brother, forgive the cheating dealer, forgive yourself and move on. There are more good things that life will bring.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Akinsthompson(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2013
Infact, as i read dis story, it devastated me. How can ur friend younger broda told u to send money for d bad car? He must be crazy and thief. Am so sorry for wot happened. Look @ wat nairalander did to his fellow man. Am disappointed in ur younger broda's friend. He's d cause of d fact u bought d car. Oga o. As u don't know me now, if i tell u to send me money to get ur car deliver @ ur door step it will be difficult cos u'll be afraid of me as we don't know each other. Eeyan buruku ti ba eeyan rere je. Follow me to cotonou to get a good car of ur choice nd will be delivered to ur door step within 48hrs. Dis is wat u'll buy urself, not d one that ur stupid friend's younger broda will look for u. Call me on 08035239488 if u need a change of car. Am really sorry! God will surely punish all of them for what they did.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by chronique(m): 7:38am On Apr 16, 2013
Sorry about that. It's quite unfortunate that this has happened to you. It's a bad trend and it will affect the credibility of other auto dealers here. All the same,if it can be fixed;pls do. Otherwise,sell it off to avoid a situation where it will start draining your resources. Wish you luck.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 16, 2013
chronique: Sorry about that. It's quite unfortunate that this has happened to you. It's a bad trend and it will affect the credibility of other auto dealers here. All the same,if it can be fixed;pls do. Otherwise,sell it off to avoid a situation where it will start draining your resources. Wish you luck.

many thanks, the drain of resources is what gives me heart attack now because i already am surrounded with expenses here and there. i have spent money to fix the door buttons, i also paid for scanning and diagnosis but the AC and ABS issue is still there. from the scan report, nothing is wrong with the gear1 nor the gear box. just that the gear box sensor is somewhat connected to the ABS according to the auto mechs that scanned it.
the gear 1 moves well at start up but break seems to be vibrating then after few minutes, the ABS light comes on then the break is normal but the gear 1 is inactive. the AC seems to be the issue with overheating because the car is not overheating when the AC is cut off.
i have been spending money to do the fix since then but i can no longer afford the fixes as i have hospital bills, medicine and other new-born's stuff to buy.
honestly i want to sell the car off to any buyer who can fix it. i have contacted Chiebube in Abuja(via email)to see if he can assist me fix and sell the car, am waiting for his reply . also i humbly ask for ideas/assistance here from anyone who can assist to fix and sell the car.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2013
Akinsthompson: Infact, as i read dis story, it devastated me. How can ur friend younger broda told u to send money for d bad car? He must be crazy and thief. Am so sorry for wot happened. Look @ wat nairalander did to his fellow man. Am disappointed in ur younger broda's friend. He's d cause of d fact u bought d car. Oga o. As u don't know me now, if i tell u to send me money to get ur car deliver @ ur door step it will be difficult cos u'll be afraid of me as we don't know each other. Eeyan buruku ti ba eeyan rere je. Follow me to cotonou to get a good car of ur choice nd will be delivered to ur door step within 48hrs. Dis is wat u'll buy urself, not d one that ur stupid friend's younger broda will look for u. Call me on 08035239488 if u need a change of car. Am really sorry! God will surely punish all of them for what they did.

thanks for your concern, i surely need a change of car but let me sell the 307 1st.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by bebetoafrica: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2013
I just believed that god is warth every body honest is d best in bussines other time contact name agent not adubios one
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Fogman(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2013
bebetoafrica: I just believed that god is warth every body honest is d best in bussines other time contact name agent not adubios one

Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by phinter: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Very sad indeed.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Emperoh(m): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dr. Joe:

many thanks, the drain of resources is what gives me heart attack now because i already am surrounded with expenses here and there. i have spent money to fix the door buttons, i also paid for scanning and diagnosis but the AC and ABS issue is still there. from the scan report, nothing is wrong with the gear1 nor the gear box. just that the gear box sensor is somewhat connected to the ABS according to the auto mechs that scanned it.
the gear 1 moves well at start up but break seems to be vibrating then after few minutes, the ABS light comes on then the break is normal but the gear 1 is inactive. the AC seems to be the issue with overheating because the car is not overheating when the AC is cut off.
i have been spending money to do the fix since then but i can no longer afford the fixes as i have hospital bills, medicine and other new-born's stuff to buy.
honestly i want to sell the car off to any buyer who can fix it. i have contacted Chiebube in Abuja(via email)to see if he can assist me fix and sell the car, am waiting for his reply . also i humbly ask for ideas/assistance here from anyone who can assist to fix and sell the car.

Oga, if you are in Abuja, talk to Ikenna on this issue.
he is a nairalander and a peugeot expert. ikenna351@gmail.com

Am surprised he's not here yet
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by BizBooks(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Emperoh:

Ikenna operates in Car Talk section. He may not see this unless it is brought to his
attention in that section. As you said, he is the right man for problems such as these.

I see some people blaming the poster for not going to inspect the car himself. Well, he
did the prudent thing by having somebody check the car on his behalf. It is not his fault
that the individual he entrusted with the task turned out to be a crook.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Emperoh:

thanks, i have sent an email to Ikenna, hopefully he will respond soon. i even sent him the link to this thread so he can read my whole story.

thanks a lot.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by eghehibor: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
Well, it is obvious from the picture that the car has a dent on d passenger side close to the tank.

But this is a one sided story we've heard, lets not be in a rush to pass judgement until we hear from the Francismic himself.

Just like we have bad dealers, we also have horrible buyers as well. Some buyers know what they are getting into when they buy a bad car, but when d cost of fixing starts going above what they budget, they start crying foul.

But in most situations like this, buyer and seller need to talk this out and come to a compromise, settle on how much seller can refund to assist with the fixing.

But like I said, let's wait to hear from the dealer involved.

And congratulations on ur baby sir.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Ikenna351(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
I dont even know where to start. But i have to start somewhere.

My issue is not even with the seller, but your friend's brother. Because, you probably wouldnt have bought the car if he had told you he wasnt sure of the car or that he couldnt really tell how good the car was. But he told you "you are safe to make the purchase" , simply because of naira that will never be enough to solve ones problem. The thing people can do because of money!

If you had posted the link above to the Peugeot community before the purchase, you wouldnt have made that purchase. Because by mere looking at the engine bay, a lot of the Lion owners there would have adviced you to walk away. I could tell the engine is not even the popular EW10, even though there is nothing wrong with the engine inside that car. But the availability or accessibility of parts and technical know how of that engine by our mechanics is my concern. They are already conversant with the popular XU10 & EW10. And the worst part is the transmission. If the auto transmission in that car is the dreaded AL4, then you are in for it. I wouldnt have adviced you to buy that Lion if i had seen it before purchase, no matter how cheap it is.

ABS and auto trans ECU shouldnt be interconnected. But with AL4 (if thats the transmission), i wouldnt be surprised. Scanning the car with PP2000 will tell you which of the ABS wheel sensors that is faulty. Universal scanner wont be specific, but pp2000 will tell you which wheel sensor that is the culprit and how to fix it.

As for your AC and over heating issues, how you sure the culprit isnt airpocket? Whats the condition of the expansion bottle container cap? Hope no one has tampered with A/C fan connection? Note that Peugeots of that era had 3 fan speed. When AC is switched one, the 2nd speed kicks on and would few mins later kicks in the 3rd speed. The 3rd speed usually kicks in when car is stationary and AC is on. But as soon as car starts moving beyond 60km/h, the 3rd speed goes off, and the 2@nd speed comes back. It would switch to the 1st speed when AC is off and car is in stationary.So, how are sure the 3rd speed relay has not been bypassed or disconnected.

If you are in Abuja, bring the car and i would scan it free for you with PP2000.

And for everyone reading this, if you want want to buy Peugeot, get the VIN and send it to me. I will get all info about the car for you, including the factory engine and transmission code.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by KENNSAMMY(m): 12:17am On Apr 18, 2013
U see! I have always been saying something on this forum. Apart from those swindlers who will request their victims "prospective clients" send money for delivery of consignments; with the intention to dupe the clients.(cheap thieves).
If u put Nigerians on the modules of 100s , u will see that we are not just or trustworthy in everything. Poverty!
Hardly will you see an average Nigerian sell his car with any good intention ; when the so-called road side 'carpenters or what do they call themselves' can still perform their trial and error -- temporary solutions that will make the car rattle a little more.
What now accounts for the numerous automobiles that are uploaded on NL day to day?
The Truths are that : Roads are bad , those cars were bought mostly as toks and most driver are reckless and indisciplineD .
These are mostly the cars me and you are window shopping on NL. We have to be very careful.
Accept my heartfelt sympathy Mr Joe. We are expecting the unscrupulous dude here to defend his lies, ---I doubt his guts.
I felicitate with you on ur New bouncing Baby.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by francismic: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2013
PLS LISTEN TO MY OWN SIDE STORY ABOUT THE CAR

well i feel so sorry about the whole thing DR JOE.the car was imported to nigeria by the owner when he came
for xmas and registered it dec 2012,since he has been using it,few weeks ago the man brought it that he want
to sell it and go back to london where he reside.so i check the car test drive i didnt notice any fault the
ac was working i did notice that the driver door glass button was not functioning to be honest cause the car
was wined up when i test drive it.after then the man left with the car it was not parked with me,then i posted it.
when DR JOE call for inquireing itold him all i no about it then he sent his brother for inspection,when he came i took him
to the owner place he checked it we drove the car he was satisfied before he ask DR JOE to pay the money.
and he pay the money to the owner of the car account,after the transaction all original papers was handed to
his brother and give the duplicate to the driver,as his brother was leaving i gave him ONE THOUSAND NAIRA for
transport fair.PLS IS ONE THOUSAND NAIRA a bribe.
i was only a broker DR JOE have the owner contact.pls once again am sorry for what you are going through in the car.

CONGRATULATION FOR THE NEW BORN CHILD
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by KENNSAMMY(m): 12:46am On Apr 18, 2013
francismic: PLS LISTEN TO MY OWN SIDE STORY ABOUT THE CAR

well i feel so sorry about the whole thing DR JOE.the car was imported to nigeria by the owner when he came
for xmas and registered it dec 2012,since he has been using it,few weeks ago the man brought it that he want
to sell it and go back to london where he reside.so i check the car test drive i didnt notice any fault the
ac was working i did notice that the driver door glass button was not functioning to be honest cause the car
was wined up when i test drive it.after then the man left with the car it was not parked with me,then i posted it.
when DR JOE call for inquireing itold him all i no about it then he sent his brother for inspection,when he came i took him
to the owner place he checked it we drove the car he was satisfied before he ask DR JOE to pay the money.
and he pay the money to the owner of the car account,after the transaction all original papers was handed to
his brother and give the duplicate to the driver,as his brother was leaving i gave him ONE THOUSAND NAIRA for
i was only a broker DR JOE have the owner contact.pls once again am sorry for what you are going through in the car.

. Sir, if u claim u r an auto dealer yet the car u vouch for can't be driven away from ur stand without the AC not being disconnected, the same car Would be driven with geaRs faults , and numerous other faults will be reported almost immediately after sales ; yet u r saying all these faults escaped u, WhEre is d credit? Where is d competence , where is d reputation...
I sincerely suggest u find a little thing to do abt d repair. Sure, u knw ur way.
I salute your courage.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by uboma(m): 1:14am On Apr 18, 2013
From the first response of Francismic, one can deduce that he is not being truthful. Instead of accepting responsibility, he is now indirectly pushing the blame to the owner of the car whom the op paid to. My question here is, who advertised this vehicle for sale in the first place? Was it Francismic or the owner of the car? Francismic, ur image has already been dented badly and to repair that, you know the right steps to take.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Ikenna351(m): 3:13am On Apr 18, 2013
francismic: PLS LISTEN TO MY OWN SIDE STORY ABOUT THE CAR

UK?

Are you saying the car is a RHD convert?

Ikenna.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by fittty(m): 7:02am On Apr 18, 2013
When will people learn to stick to the number one rule,.. "Never pay for something you've never seen"...... Jeezz!!!!! angry
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 18, 2013
Ikenna351: I dont even know where to start. But i have to start somewhere.

My issue is not even with the seller, but your friend's brother. Because, you probably wouldnt have bought the car if he had told you he wasnt sure of the car or that he couldnt really tell how good the car was. But he told you "you are safe to make the purchase" , simply because of naira that will never be enough to solve ones problem. The thing people can do because of money!

If you had posted the link above to the Peugeot community before the purchase, you wouldnt have made that purchase. By mere looking at the engine, a lot Lion owners there would advice you to walk away. I could the engine is not even the popular EW10. And the worst part is the transmission. If the auto transmission in that car is the dreaded AL4, then you are in for it. I wouldnt have adviced you to buy that Lion if i had seen it before purchase, no matter how cheap it is.

ABS and auto trans ECU shouldnt be interconnected. But with AL4 (if thats the transmission), i wouldnt be surprised. Scanning the car with PP2000 will tell you which of the ABS wheel sensors that is faulty. Universal scanner wont be specific, but pp2000 will tell you which wheel sensor that is the culprit and how to fix it.

As for your AC and over heating issues, how you sure the culprit isnt airpocket? Whats the condition of the expansion bottle container cap? Hope no one has tampered with A/C fan connection? Note that Peugeots of that era had 3 fan speed. When AC is switched one, the 2nd speed kicks on and would few mins later kicks in the 3rd speed. The 3rd speed usually kicks in when car is stationary and AC is on. But as soon as car starts moving beyond 60km/h, the 3rd speed goes off, and the 2@nd speed comes back. It would switch to the 1st speed when AC is off and car is in stationary.So, how are sure the 3rd speed relay has not been bypassed or disconnected.

If you are in Abuja, bring the car and i would scan it free for you with PP2000.

And for everyone reading this, if you want want to buy Peugeot, get the VIN and send it to me. I will get all info about the car for you, including the factory engine and transmission code.

Ikenna

Thank you so much Ikenna, I must confess that am much more relieved of my agony after reading your post, i hope you got my email yesterday. am in Enugu so i don't know how its going to work. the guy who scanned it for me later cleaned the front wheel abs sensor but the issue persists, he told me he would also clean the rear wheel because they are also very dirty, i will keep you informed of any development.
thanks a lot.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 18, 2013
fittty: When will people learn to stick to the number one rule,.. "Never pay for something you've never seen"...... Jeezz!!!!! angry

you really should not blame me.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. by eghehibor: 8:00am On Apr 18, 2013
At least Francis mic has the courage to come here and say something, lets give him a little credit for that.

So, Francismic, are u saying u didn't notice any gear problem wen u drove the car?

I think the best way out of this is to call Dr Joe and ask him how much he would like for the owner to assist in fixing the car, and then go back to the owner and make him cough out that amount.
This sought of thing has happened to most dealers on this forum and this is usually the best way out of it. It is only sad that Mr Joe has already started the propaganda of spoiling your name here.
But one u should always keep in mind when acting as a broker on any dealer is that u should always try to be inclined towards assisting the buyer in getting a favorable deal than the seller. Cus the buyer will be the one to give u a good reputation wherever he goes.

Francismic, pls pick up the phone and call Dr Joe, apologise to him and ask him how much he needs to assist him in fixing the car. Unless the car is a total write off, which I don't think it is otherwise in wouldn't have made the trip to delivery.

And when this matter is resolved, it is only fair that Dr Joe should let us know, and then also start the process of reversing the damage done to the dealers name and credibility on this forum.

Credibility and morality are the 2 things that guide me in all my dealings. Try it and u'll be amazed of how relaxed your world can be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD OUT Highlander XLE thread Tokunbo in Ibadan @11m vin included / S-O-L-D...*** Clean Title 2004 Lexus RX 330 Gold Color*** / just arrived from US. 2012 Camry toks with perfect options

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.