Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

I Feel I Should Quit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel I Should Quit (830 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Feel I Should Quit by ISOWE: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2008
I ve been married for over three years now with 2 kids. But, the problem here is that my husband really has nothing doing. I take care of virtually everything in the house and all by His Grace. I may even say i ve gone bankrupt!

I feel he's telling me too many stories with really no objective on ground. He wants to sell his 'inherited' land and has travelled for over a week, but still nothing. No financial help from him whatsoever.The financial burden is so much on me that I feel I should quit.

But, where do I start from and how do I go about it.

I need your candid advice.
Re: I Feel I Should Quit by Lady2(f): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
When you got married were the words "for better or WORSE" mentioned and did you say "I do" to them?

If he was laughing all the way to the bank, you would be with him, won't you?

It's not about you, it's about the family. You didn't go bankrupt, the family did. If it was the other way around it would be the family going bankrupt right, not just your husband?
Re: I Feel I Should Quit by almondjoy(f): 3:56am On Apr 09, 2008
@poster

No need to quit.  I think he already did.  It is time to pretend you are a single parent and do you very best to take care of yourself and your children.  If he comes around, fine.  If not. . . fine too.  Please do not spend the precious time needed to take care of yourself with running after him.  If he values his family, he will come for them.

For now, I am sorry to tell you that you are on your own.

Marriages usually go through rough times. . . it takes nothing less than 10 years to build a solid marriage.  It may not be over yet.  You just need to take a break and let him wander as he pleases till he is tired. But like I said, for now. . .you have to be strong for you and the kids.  And by his grace too. . .you will continue to do well with taking care of things by yourself.  It is not going to be easy. . .but you can do it.

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Reading To Your Children / Have U Ever Attended A Wedding Where Either Of The Couple Chaged His/her Mind? / Troubled By Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.