Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,144 members, 7,867,328 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA (10698 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Rochas Okorocha’s Son Graduates Frm University Of Manchester With First Class / 2015: APC Gives Automatic Ticket To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by EkoIle1: 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Whatever happened to everybody's governor. And what about competency, attitude and other qualities and attributes needed to do the jobs in question.

Talk about garbage in garbage out..
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
prem love: pepper eye u jst sound like a product of third class if nt pass

Plank, u don't know me from anywhere, what makes you think i'm a product of 3rd class.
If that's the case, you sound like one of those who slept their way or bribed their way to a 1st class.

People like you are the ones that believe that that 'My oga at the top' guy deserves his position.
People like you would never have given Bill Gates a a chance talk less of a job because he had no degree

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by sapien(m): 2:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Eko Ile: Whatever happened to everybody's governor. And what about competency, attitude and other qualities and attributes needed to do the jobs in question.

Talk about garbage in garbage out..
Just because the governor in question is not Acn's Tinubu or Fashola, huh?

Sycophancy is a big disease!
Smh!
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by collyno200(m): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
Lilimax: First class is fast becoming like pure water in Nigerian Universities. I am not moved at all....
dnt hate if its like pure water, madam did u get 1
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by sapien(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2013
chuckdee4:

Plank, u don't know me from anywhere, what makes you think i'm a product of 3rd class.
If that's the case, you sound like one of those who slept their way or bribed their way to a 1st class.

People like you are the ones that believe that that 'My oga at the top' guy deserves his position.
People like you would never have given Bill Gates a a chance talk less of a job because he had no degree
STFU!
Just because you graduated with a third class or pass doesn't give you the justification to castigate those who strove hard to graduate with first class, and the Governor who rewarded academic excellence.

Like seriously, what the fuccck is wrong with some Nigerians?
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
sapien: STFU!
Just because you graduated with a third class or pass doesn't give you the justification to castigate those who strove hard to graduate with first class, and the Governor who rewarded academic excellence.

Like seriously, what the fuccck is wrong with some Nigerians?

Typical ignorant Nairalander who resorts to insults when they have no points to make.

I asked you about Bill Gates who did not finish college, does that mean he's a plank just like yourself
I personally know of people who have failed badly in uni due to circumstances beyond their control, that does not mean they should be profiled the way people like you and other institutions do.

If your slowness would let you reason you would see that i commended the act in the first place, my point is that people should look beyond the obvious, 2nd and 3rd class students still have loads to offer, planks like yourself will still want to use a 40 something year old man's uni result to judge him even though he finished uni 20 years ago.

As for me having a 3rd class, believe what you want to believe I don't have to prove eff all to you, would probably waste my time trying to reason with someone with such a low IQ

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
JudismphD: Nice move but come to think of it. Employing the 10 BEST, leaving the BETTER in the labour market and The WORST to engage in crime and create insecurity after years of idleness to the BEST not what we want in Ondo state but holistic employment programmes that accommodate the yarning and aspirations of all.

+1000
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by MadCow1: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
First Class no mean say them better pass others o!!

I'm happy for this incentive sha, but this matter should be seriously reviewed by the government. A Second Class Upper/Lower and even some third class students might just surprise him on a state wide employment test and even some of these first class will disappoint him.

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Inioluwa01(m): 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Ocutegan: Governor is Olusegun Mimiko
Vice chancellor is Femi Mimiko
Won't be surprised if the 5 out of the 10 first class graduates are Mimikos also
Oga,get ur facts straight b/4 u com out here and misinform pple!..D two mimikos are in no way related...it's jst a coincidence dat dey ansa d same name...and lets evn assume dey r in a way related,d Governor wldn't av gone 2 pik up his broda/relative who is a nobody(academically) 2 head an institution as dat witout eyebrows being raised all ova d place..he must b qualified 4 d Job and so he's dere...shikena!
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mad Cow: First Class no mean say them better pass others o!!

I'm happy for this incentive sha, but this matter should be seriously reviewed by the government. A Second Class Upper/Lower and even some third class students might just surprise him on a state wide employment test and even some of these first class will disappoint him.

Tell this to the planks whose ignorance will not let them see beyond a first class
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by sapien(m): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
chuckdee4:

Typical ignorant Nairalander who resorts to insults when they have no points to make.

I asked you about Bill Gates who did not finish college, does that mean he's a plank just like yourself
I personally know of people who have failed badly in uni due to circumstances beyond their control, that does not mean they should be profiled the way people like you and other institutions do.

If your slowness would let you reason you would see that i commended the act in the first place, my point is that people should look beyond the obvious, 2nd and 3rd class students still have loads to offer, planks like yourself will still want to use a 40 something year old man's uni result to judge him even though he finished uni 20 years ago.

As for me having a 3rd class, believe what you want to believe I don't have to prove eff all to you, would probably waste my time trying to reason with someone with such a low IQ
You are a foooooool!
Go and create another thread, if you wanna look beyond these intelligent guys, who strove hard to attain academic excellence!

A blind hater like you will never see beyond your nose to praise excellence!

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by born2fuckpussy: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
Human right na our property, dem wan dash us human right, animal wan dash us human right......o fa gbo yo
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by sapien(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
chuckdee4:

You are a foooooool!
Go and create another thread, if you wanna look beyond these intelligent guys, who strove hard to attain academic excellence!

In this time and age where Nigerian youths are jostling to pick up forms for Project fame, Glo Naija sings, Nigeria idol, Nigeria got talent and other wack and uninteresting shows, attaining and rewarding academic excellence is a step in the right direction.

It shows, despite all the distractions and stress in our Universities, people are still striving hard to prove their academic mettle, which will go a long way in motivating other first class and second class upper aspiring students.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
It's my school,we all knw D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ anϑ Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ №ω an old feed,nxt story.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Rastamann: 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
First class certificate in govt ministries is a great means to waste away.

That is when the person truely earns his first class. At least we all know some of what happens in these universities.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
sapien: You are a foooooool!

In this time and age where Nigerian youths are jostling to pick up forms for Project fame, Glo Naija sings, Nigeria idol, Nigeria got talent and other wack and uninteresting shows, attaining and rewarding academic excellence is a step in the right direction.

It shows, despite all the distractions and stress in our Universities, people are still striving hard to prove their academic mettle, which will go a long way in motivating other first class and second class upper aspiring students.

You're clearly a tit if after reading all my posts you concluded that I was not happy for 1st class students being rewarded

Clearly ur negative IQ missed the part where i commended 1st class students and the concept of rewarding them.
Yes, I agree mediocrity is rewarded in Nigeria......heck all over the world, but who's rewarding those that strived just as hard as the 1st class students but failed due to various circustances.

You speak of a Nigeria where people are hustling to get on reality tv shows.
What of the Nigeria where lecturers fail students for not sleeping with them or not bribing them.

I know a friend who was told he failed his entire WAEC about 10 years ago, today he works with an oil company in Scotland, left to baboons like you, they guy should not have been given the time of day or a second chance because he did not get a first class.

My point once again for the deluded twats who can't read, 2nd class and even 3rd class students should equally have some sort of incentives for them set up because in as much their uni results were not impressive people change.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by eaglechild: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
What is AAUA?
If only govt will close down some of these substandard schools and pool the resources to run the more established ones, so they can be bigger and better, the quality of our graduates will improve.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by jnrremedy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2013
chuckdee4: First Class this, First Class that
What of the students who could not make a first class cos they had part time jobs or because they got screwed by a lecturer.

As much as this is a good gesture, this is one of the problems with our society, everybody is always quick to talk up or reward someone with certifications. These certifications does not even begin to tell you what this person is capable of.
Whatever happened to rewarding people based on what they could do or what they brought to the table rather than judging individuals based on documents.

Ever wondered why we have loads of square pegs in round holes, ever wondered why that minister abi governor with the fake Toronto certificate got so far.
The sooner we stop using paper work to judge people the better for us, because everyone, even the so-called 3rd class student has loads to offer.
And what do u think he should use if he won't use grade or certificate guy this is convocation it is nt job interview. I understand ur point (in fact I am a victim dropped in my last semester due to ill health nd wickedness on d part of one of my lecturers) But this is totally different. For u to make first class u must have done something extraordinary so they deserved whatsoever they re given. Forget what people re saying there is no public university in Nigeria either state or federal that will award first class to anyhow student u can bribe lecturers to pass oo it is practically impossible to bribe ur way to first class. For u to graduate with first class (don't no about private schools) u truly deserve the grade. Mind u I convocated with this set so I no what am saying

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Alxmyr(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
lakhadimar: those he sacked were ghost workers, legitimate civil servants werent affected

The same ghost workers he sewn t-shirts for during campaign.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
jnrremedy:
And what do u think he should use if he won't use grade or certificate guy this is convocation it is nt job interview. I understand ur point (in fact I am a victim dropped in my last semester due to ill health nd wickedness on d part of one of my lecturers) But this is totally different. For u to make first class u must have done something extraordinary so they deserved whatsoever they re given. Forget what people re saying there is no public university in Nigeria either state or federal that will award first class to anyhow student u can bribe lecturers to pass oo it is practically impossible to bribe ur way to first class. For u to graduate with first class (don't no about private schools) u truly deserve the grade. Mind u I convocated with this set so I no what am saying

Bros fair play to them, I never said they don't deserve what they are being rewarded.
My main point was that government reward first class students, banks/oil companies etc want first class students, everbody is quick to talk about first class students, but what of the ones that didn't quite make it (Just like you used yourself as an example).

All I was trying to say was that some companies/government agencies should think outside the box and find a way of making these other graduates feel useful in the society, in Nigieria you are deemed as a failure if you make anything less than a 2:1, you and I know that is not necessarily the case but i hear you when you say 1st class degrees are not just given away like that

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chatom143: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
eaglechild: What is AAUA?
If only govt will close down some of these substandard schools and pool the resources to run the more established ones, so they can be bigger and better, the quality of our graduates will improve.

Next time, if you want to comment on thread like these kindly put on your thinking cap.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Osyxcel(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Inioluwa01:
Oga,get ur facts straight b/4 u com out here and misinform pple!..D two mimikos are in no way related...it's jst a coincidence dat dey ansa d same name...and lets evn assume dey r in a way related,d Governor wldn't av gone 2 pik up his broda/relative who is a nobody(academically) 2 head an institution as dat witout eyebrows being raised all ova d place..he must b qualified 4 d Job and so he's dere...shikena!

U should get Ur facts straight, they are very much related, infact they are of the same mother

The brother was a Prof in OAU b4 he was made the VC of AAUA
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by jnrremedy(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
Inioluwa01:
Must u comment if u dnt no u keep quiet u don't make assertions when u don't have an idea. Femi mimiko(the vc) is d blood brother of olusegun mimiko( the governor). The reason people did nt complain(especially the university community) was because the appointment has noting to do with family connection. Femi mimiko was once an acting vc even before his brother contested he ought to have been confirmed as d substantive vc but he was unfairly disqualified(he in annoyance left for ife) cos d government in power as at dat time(segun agagu) saw him as a mole planted by his brother(who has at dat time declared his intention of running agaisnt him) when his brother reinstated him both lecturers and student celebrated his appointment. I no all this cos I was once a student there
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by daakins(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
oga mimiko,,.abeg tell dem make dem make our certificate ready...
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Yhemmy11(f): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
[quote
author=Deivid10]So my usless Governor can't do it in my tym? Not
pointin fingers am just frm Abia State n skuld in MOUAU... Dem com allow
me to com dey suffer sorry serve here in rivers state mtchewww[/quote], eeyah sorry! u ar nw usin ur cert to teach in nonwa-gbam Tai
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by sapien(m): 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
chuckdee4:

You're clearly a tit if after reading all my posts you concluded that I was not happy for 1st class students being rewarded

Clearly ur negative IQ missed the part where i commended 1st class students and the concept of rewarding them.
Yes, I agree mediocrity is rewarded in Nigeria......heck all over the world, but who's rewarding those that strived just as hard as the 1st class students but failed due to various circustances.

You speak of a Nigeria where people are hustling to get on reality tv shows.
What of the Nigeria where lecturers fail students for not sleeping with them or not bribing them.

I know a friend who was told he failed his entire WAEC about 10 years ago, today he works with an oil company in Scotland, left to baboons like you, they guy should not have been given the time of day or a second chance because he did not get a first class.

My point once again for the deluded twats who can't read, 2nd class and even 3rd class students should equally have some sort of incentives for them set up because in as much their uni results were not impressive people change.
A plonker, that's who you are!
Keep basking in your self delusion!

It's glaring you can seem to think beyond your nose.
I can't continue to bicker with a cretin like you!
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by eaglechild: 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
chatom143:

Next time, if you want to comment on thread like these kindly put on your thinking cap.
Are u a student of AAUA?
No need to feel slighted, i'm just stating the obvious.
AAUA is probably not even included in the world university ranking.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by eaglechild: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
sapien: A plonker, that's who you are!

He actually made a point, not minding his haughtiness.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by adim2(m): 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
sapien: A plonker, that's who you are!

Guy if at this level u can't comprehend a fellow man's point of argument then, i don't think you are an intellectual. I have been following ur lines of arguments but in the cause of such you have resorted to using foul languages where as you are not making any point. Its seems you do not understand the politics of education in nigeria. He has no where nor in anyway accused the first class graduates but he has laid emphasis on technical know how also. So next time when arguing don't be force to make hasty conclusion its defeats ur research. For ur information in as much as we are happy with the first graduates, it doesn't mean that they are more intelligent that any individual cos intelligence varies.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by xmomoh: 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
I always admire the first class students. One of them is my course mate. She is so good that whenever we had test, no matter the time allowed and difficult the test was then, she will score everything. She assimilates very fast. Two first class graduate of AAUA 2007 set are doing very fine in their department in the school. You know the quality of ur product when u give them chance to excel. Both of them are doing very fine in their respective area of specialization. I know them very well. they are very very good at what they do which is Mathematics. I remember one scenario that happened in Geology department then, a got first class but the result was still waiting for senate approval when one prof. Ajayi was brought in as HOD in the department. He practically made the guy to repeat his project work under different topic and also gave him some courses to teach while he will be in the class to access him. Eventually, he was convinced beyond reasonable doubt, the project later won the guy an international award. The guy is now a lecturer in the university while the second person initially accepted the teaching offer but now working with Slumbergger. They deserve to be celebrated. I envy them
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by xmomoh: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
I always admire the first class students. One of them is my course mate. She is so good that whenever we had test, no matter the time allowed and difficult the test was then, she will score everything. She assimilates very fast. Two first class graduate of AAUA 2007 set are doing very fine in their department in the school. You know the quality of ur product when u give them chance to excel. Both of them are doing very fine in their respective area of specialization. I know them very well. they are very very good at what they do which is Mathematics. I remember one scenario that happened in Geology department then, a guy got first class but the result was still waiting for senate approval when one prof. Ajayi was brought in as HOD in the department. He practically made the guy to repeat his project work under different topic and also gave him some courses to teach while he would be in the class to access him. Eventually, he was convinced beyond reasonable doubt, the project later won the guy an international award. The guy is now a lecturer in the university while the second person initially accepted the teaching offer but now working with Slumbergger. They deserve to be celebrated. I envy them
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by xmomoh: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
I always admire the first class students. One of them is my course mate. She is so good that whenever we had test, no matter the time allowed and difficult the test was then, she will score everything. She assimilates very fast. Two first class graduate of AAUA 2007 set are doing very fine in their department in the school. You know the quality of ur product when u give them chance to excel. Both of them are doing very fine in their respective area of specialization. I know them very well. they are very very good at what they do which is Mathematics. I remember one scenario that happened in Geology department then, a guy got first class but the result was still waiting for senate approval when one prof. Ajayi was brought in as HOD in the department. He practically made the guy to repeat his project work under different topic and also gave him some courses to teach while he would be in the class to access him. Eventually, he was convinced beyond reasonable doubt, the project later won the guy an international award. The guy is now a lecturer in the university while the second person initially accepted the teaching offer but now working with Slumbergger. They deserve to be celebrated. I envy them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Confer Buratai, Jamoh With National Honours - WhistlerNG / Tinubu Daughter, Zainab Tinubu In Jail, Has Mental Disorder- Gistlover / Atiku Launches Education Programme For IDP Children In Yola (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.