Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

What is a 'Good' Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What is a 'Good' Job? (6412 Views)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) / Help Me To Get A Good Job And You Get My 1st 1year Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by rozayx5(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2013
a job that does not take away your life in the name of salary, imagine earning 10 mill a week and having only 1hour to see your kids and loved ones in a week
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by DICKtator: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2013
POLITICIAN JOB
grin grin grin grin
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by ayox2003: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2013
Freiburger: A good job is one that after paying your bills, you still got enough to put aside for the raining days, anything less that that is slavery.

I disagree. So if you're told to quit your current job and resume as a sanitary worker (washing public toilets), u'd be paid twice what u earn now, will you do it?

As Malcom Gladwell stated in Outliers: A job must have a little bit of independence/autonomy (being able to make decisions), complexity (atleast it must demand some skills, talent and intellect), and a connection between effort and reward (good salary). These are what makes a job meaningful.

Frawzey
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Neaman(m): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2013
Freiburger: A good job is one that after paying your bills, you still got enough to put aside for the raining days, anything less that that is slavery.
You are on point..share d same view as yours.
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 10:14am On Apr 17, 2013
nikkyshyne: A to F answers the question.

Can u pls give ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ an example of a job like dat? Lol
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2013
DICKtator: POLITICIAN JOB
grin grin grin grin

Thiefry u mean?
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Cheggoon(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: DOING WHAT YOU LOVE
#Gbam#
#mayyourdazizbelong#
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by AkinDavid2: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
A good Job is the one provided by God. cheesy
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by 32D: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2013
rozayx5: a job that does not take away your life in the name of salary, imagine earning 10 mill a week and having only 1hour to see your kids and loved ones in a week

o boy i dnt mind this kind of job o........mooney is key
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 17, 2013
the first two are giving the Nation terror, horror and disrupting the peace and unity of the Nation. The last is serving the Nation and yet being paid least and killed by the second. "There Was A Country"
ighoosagie:
Militants re paid #100,000,
Boko haram will be paid #75,000,
Nysc corp members re paid #19800,
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2013
Akin-David:
A good Job is the one provided by God. cheesy

True, but u have a part to play! Equip urself

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by platodeen(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
It has to be viewed in these perspectives: Ladies should view wat she considered d ideal or gud job for her guy nd vicekk-versa
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Inik(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
A good job is one that pays well and gives you satisfaction at the end of the day
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Fadelex(m): 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
My present pays d bill (not all d bills sha), secured and gives me tym to do other tins bt painfully there's no career fulfilment
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Freiburger(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
ayox2003:

I disagree. So if you're told to quit your current job and resume as a sanitary worker (washing public toilets), u'd be paid twice what u earn now, will you do it?

As Malcom Gladwell stated in Outliers: A job must have a little bit of independence/autonomy (being able to make decisions), complexity (atleast it must demand some skills, talent and intellect), and a connection between effort and reward (good salary). These are what makes a job meaningful.

Frawzey
One of my teachers will always tell me this, it is not the size of a man's income that determine how happy he is, but how he spend that which he earns, of course no rational human being with switch to a job considered to be of a lower class, just for more wages. A good job is after meeting up with most of your points, it should be able to satisfy the motive behind the reasons why you decided to pick up the job, and if that is missing, I dont just call it slavery, that is captivity.
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by lakemoyoh: 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
Security and dream job is most important in good job
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
M
Fadelex: My present pays d bill (not all d bills sha), secured and gives me tym to do other tins bt painfully there's no career fulfilment

Eyahhh, u can still make ur way back after u've invested enuf to keep out of d current job safely
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by JamesLucia: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
a good job is a job u love doing with passion.

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
James Lucia: a good job is a job u love doing with passion.

buh, make there are other rewards aside "happinness"....except u have anoda source of income that pays the bills

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtb Recruiting / Huawei Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021 / Total(tepng)invitation For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.