Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? (4621 Views)

Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? / What Do You Look Out For When Shopping For A Handbag? / I Need A Handbag Maker, Artisan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Scbags(f): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
So this handbag company in UK, Tamarry Handbags, has just launched a handbag hire service for handmade crocodile and ostrich handbags, the first of its kind in the UK. They are offering affordable luxury to the ordinary women in the street with prices starting from £30 to hire a handbag for a week with further savings for those hiring for a fortnight, a month or longer.

I went on their website to check and it will cost me £80.00 to rent the red bag for one month compared to their RRP of £1,200.00. As good as it sounds, personally I would not rent a handbag. My handbag is my handbag; for keeps! It is a part of me. If I can't afford a particular handbag, then I'll look for the next best one within my means.

If this service was offered in Nigeria, Would you rent a handbag? Why would you? Why Won’t you? Please share!

For more, please visit www.scbags.

Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2013
NOPE. THATS NOT COOL. MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. HANDBAGS ARE NOT THAT EXPENSIVE. GET AN IMITATION FOR CHEAPER

3 Likes

Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by GraceBestowed(f): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2013
^^ LoooooL said by a man ^^

This makes more sense than forking out the whole amount to buy the bag outright. Quality handbags are expensive, so if you can 'rent' one for a little while for a tiny fraction of the price, why not!?
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by badgan(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2013
all this one is big big grammer.. if you have no intention of renting.. wetin you come dey do for their site cool
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Akpaife(m): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2013
Rubbish post not necessary
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:28am On Apr 17, 2013
The bags are lovely but dont think i can rent it. I'd rather save the money to buy a good bag myself.

I could rent a car though.

1 Like

Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by ubongutioh(m): 9:30am On Apr 17, 2013
Just look at what is making front page!!! Some mods are just clue****.
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by tinuolababy(f): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2013
i would rather buy a bag of #30 than rent a bag of the same amount for one week.
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 17, 2013
GraceBestowed: ^^ LoooooL said by a man ^^

This makes more sense than forking out the whole amount to buy the bag outright. Quality handbags are expensive, so if you can 'rent' one for a little while for a tiny fraction of the price, why not!?
ITS A STUPID BUSINESS PLAN ANYWAY. WHY WOULD I RETURN A £1200 HANDBAG THAT I PAID ONLY £30 TO RENT ? DO THEY NEED COLLATERAL ? LIKE MY CAR KEYS OR THE TITLE FOR A HOUSE FIRST BEFORE GIVING YOU THE BAG ? undecided
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2013
Renter will always rent. People rent pant,ear-rings,phones etc.
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by angelTI(f): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2013
NO,NO and NO!
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by MsPweshy(f): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2013
And so? embarassed
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Caracta(f): 9:38am On Apr 17, 2013
For what na? Must I carry a bag? Abeggi. If I can't afford it, I would hold my peace. I won't drop dead over a piece of leather.
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by DJDOLA(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2013
PDPwayoo: Renter will always rent. People rent pant,ear-rings,phones etc.
u mean people rent pant?pls who are the people
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by nikkypearl(f): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2013
Caracta: For what na? Must I carry a bag? Abeggi. If I can't afford it, I would hold my peace. I won't drop dead over a piece of leather.
u re on point jawe!of wat use is handbag?does it add 2my beautywat happen 2my 500# purse?crocodile skinbag ko,rat skin bag ni!
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by 32D: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2013
would that not amount to sheer stewpidity?
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by GraceBestowed(f): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: ITS A STUPID BUSINESS PLAN ANYWAY. WHY WOULD I RETURN A £1200 HANDBAG THAT I PAID ONLY £30 TO RENT ? DO THEY NEED COLLATERAL ? LIKE MY CAR KEYS OR THE TITLE FOR A HOUSE FIRST BEFORE GIVING YOU THE BAG ? undecided

I believe they could do one of two things (maybe both). They could:

1. conduct a credit check before renting any of their bags out. So if someone decides to run away, the total amount of the bag is taken away from they credit, which they're liable to pay.

2. require the customer to place a down payment to secure their account, lets say £1000.

This business idea has been going on strong for years, making its original brainchild a lot of money!

1 Like

Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I believe they could do one of two things (maybe both). They could:

1. conduct a credit check before renting any of their bags out. So if someone decides to run away, the total amount of the bag is taken away from they credit, which they're liable to pay.

2. require the customer to place a down payment to secure their account, lets say £1000.

This business idea has been going on strong for years, making its original brainchild a lot of money!
SOMEONE WHO HAS GOOD CREDIT WOULD NOT BE RENTING A BAG. AND IF YOU HAVE £1000 DOWN PAYMENT FOR THE BAG WHY NOT BUY THE DAYUM THANG ? THIS ALL SOUNDS SILLY SMDH
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 17, 2013
coolMay God forbid
If I don't have a hand bag I will rather be myself than for me to hire.......
Was I born with bag when I was been born to,NO.....
I belief in being myself cool
This me I dnt know other ladies ooooo

1 Like

Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by sobastical: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2013
What the heck Lubbish, why not go for cool cheaper bags that my money can buy instead of renting an expensive one and being so careful to avoid damage.... Women with fashion wahala Can't imagine how this people would get much customers in no time.
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by phaya(f): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2013
smothly: coolMay God forbid
If I don't have a hand bag I will rather be myself than for me to hire.......
Was I born with bag when I was been born to,NO.....
I belief in being myself cool
This me I dnt know other ladies ooooo

With this type of ENGLISH they won't rent u the bag!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Lol...but don't try that in France....
obadiah777: GET AN IMITATION FOR CHEAPER
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2013
Spot on....
nikkypearl: u re on point jawe!of wat use is handbag?does it add 2my beautywat happen 2my 500# purse?crocodile skinbag ko,rat skin bag ni!
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2013
Gbam!!!
Caracta: For what na? Must I carry a bag? Abeggi. If I can't afford it, I would hold my peace. I won't drop dead over a piece of leather.
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by buklan4realyah(f): 10:48am On Apr 17, 2013
mtchewwwww. for wot reason wl i rent an handbag. bullshit. undecided
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2013
Rent wetin
Na food grin grin grin grin grin
But some ladies would die just to hold expensive bags, honestly i wouldn't be surprised if they have lot of customers undecided undecided undecided
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2013
sanb: Lol...but don't try that in France....
WHY NOT ? I HAVE SEEN MORE IMITATION HANDBAGS IN FRANCE THAN ALL OF EUROZONE COMBINED. GO TO THOSE SHOPS AROUND THE GARE DU NORD TRAIN STATION. HOW YOU THINK THE POOR AFRICAN AND ALGERIAN WOMEN ARE FLEXING AND FLOSSIN IN FRANCE ? WITH FAKE BAGS AND SHOES grin grin
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Lol; there was a time in France where it was prohibited... grin grin grin
obadiah777: WHY NOT ? I HAVE SEEN MORE IMITATION HANDBAGS IN FRANCE THAN ALL OF EUROZONE COMBINED. GO TO THOSE SHOPS AROUND THE GARE DU NORD TRAIN STATION. HOW YOU THINK THE POOR AFRICAN AND ALGERIAN WOMEN ARE FLEXING AND FLOSSIN IN FRANCE ? WITH FAKE BAGS AND SHOES grin grin
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 17, 2013
sanb: Lol; there was a time in France where it was prohibited... grin grin grin
OH NOT ANYMORE. MY SISTER RECESSION DEY FRANCE OOOOOO grin
Re: If You Can't Afford A Handbag, Would You Rent One? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2013
I'm sorry I may sound like a bush girl, but I don't see why people buy freakingly expensive handbags! I go to Okrika sections in abuja, pick up first grade good looking bags and when I knack am commot, u no go believe say na 'bend down select'.... I'd rather invest d money in something that appreciates, than carry around a 50k naira handbag! undecided undecided

#no offence to those who can sha, ko wa da na shi..(To each, his/her own)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos And Hermes Belt Replica / Luxxe White Enhanced Glutathione / Electric Hand Sewing Machine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.