Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,186 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Need Help On Acne Treatment - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Need Help On Acne Treatment (7654 Views)

Foods That Cause Acne/pimples - Must Avoid List / Fallacy About Acne(pimples) / What Is Your Best Acne Treatment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 12:14am On Apr 17, 2013
I've pimples since my early teenage yrs and my thought(just like people around me) is that it'll reduce as one grow up bt its been the opposite.My face is very very oily..i've used a lot of products and currently i've a lot of pimples and dark spots on my face,these combined with my oily face gives me a horrible look all day.Its very embarrasing cos naturally,am not that good looking.someone should please recommend products or tips that are effective for both the acne and my oily face cos even without acne,an oily face doesnt fit me.THANKS
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Coldfeet(f): 12:51am On Apr 17, 2013
Simple!! Try water. Drink lots of water!!!!

1 Like

Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 4:29am On Apr 17, 2013
I'm doing that...i'll do that
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Bukato: 7:43am On Apr 17, 2013
Hello. If u ar in lagos, or can come to lagos call 08033778919 or add bb pin 2A35EB6C for details nd pix of our jobs done successfully.

We are xperienced dermatologists. We ve treated worse case nd succeeded, trust urs can't b an exemption. Cheers!
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2013
K..tanx
Bukato: Hello. If u ar in lagos, or can come to lagos call 08033778919 or add bb pin 290e82c5 for details nd pix of our jobs done successfully.

We are xperienced dermatologists. We ve treated worse case nd succeeded, trust urs can't b an exemption. Cheers!
K..tanx
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Mrsmansson(f): 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
please try Makari SULPHUR soap.it does not tone or makes one's face dry.it is specifically for acne and pimples.Remember not just any makari soap but makari sulphur soap.price ranges from 2500 -2900 and when used on ur face alone can last upto to 2months.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sknda: I've pimples since my early teenage yrs and my thought(just like people around me) is that it'll reduce as one grow up bt its been the opposite.My face is very very oily..i've used a lot of products and currently i've a lot of pimples and dark spots on my face,these combined with my oily face gives me a horrible look all day.Its very embarrasing cos naturally,am not that good looking.someone should please recommend products or tips that are effective for both the acne and my oily face cos even without acne,an oily face doesnt fit me.THANKS

When you wash your face, use non-drying products. Clean your face well, but be gentle. Exfoliate, moisturize. It could be hormones, stress or what you're eating/not eating. Visit a reputable Dermatologist. Good luck, OP. smiley
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Yield:

When you wash your face, use non-drying products. Clean your face well, but be gentle. Exfoliate, moisturize. It could be hormones, stress or what you're eating/not eating. Visit a reputable Dermatologist. Good luck, OP. smiley
tanx xoo much bt i do think that using moisturizing products or cream is'nt good 4 me since my face is oily...thats me oo,dnt knw anytin about skin care
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mrs mansson: please try Makari SULPHUR soap.it does not tone or makes one's face dry.it is specifically for acne and pimples.Remember not just any makari soap but makari sulphur soap.price ranges from 2500 -2900 and when used on ur face alone can last upto to 2months.
tanx ma,i'll request for that..i hope i find it tho
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sknda: tanx xoo much bt i do think that using moisturizing products or cream is'nt good 4 me since my face is oily...thats me oo,dnt knw anytin about skin care

No, that's one of the misconceptions about moisturizing, that if your face is oily you don't need to moisturize ...aka. that moisturizing oily skin is bad. This isn't true. When you wash your face your skin'll be a little dry. Even if you use "non-drying" products the process of washing your face'll strip it of its natural oils, primarily sebum. When you use drying products on your face, wash your face too much or too harshly, your skin'll produce more oil because it's trying to make up for the dryness you've caused. So you need to put some moisture back into it, otherwise your skin will overcompensate and release even more oils to make up for the dryness, making it very oily! This's why moisturizing is good. The key's to find the right moisturizer for you and one that won't clog your pores ( "non-comedogenic" ) and cause more problems for your skin.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
I've really learn from dis,tanxx
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2013
Yield:

No, that's one of the misconceptions about moisturizing, that if your face is oily you don't need to moisturize ...aka. that moisturizing oily skin is bad. This isn't true. When you wash your face your skin'll be a little dry. Even if you use "non-drying" products the process of washing your face'll strip it of its natural oils, primarily sebum. When you use drying products on your face, wash your face too much or too harshly, your skin'll produce more oil because it's trying to make up for the dryness you've caused. So you need to put some moisture back into it, otherwise your skin will overcompensate and release even more oils to make up for the dryness, making it very oily! This's why moisturizing is good. The key's to find the right moisturizer for you and one that won't clog your pores ( "non-comedogenic" ) and cause more problems for your skin.
do u know of any body cream that treats acne?
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by omorsexie(f): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hi, try marykay 3in1 cleanser and marykay acne treatment gel. It works. You can get authentic skin care n makeup products at marykay megastore N more, 15, akinremi str, anifowose, ikeja. Add 315D6918. Contact: 08139618331
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
Thanks,i'll request for it nd if i cnt get,i'll try to locate that add or call sha
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by trendphemmy(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
Doxcycline 100mg morning and evening for 2weeks. Buy benzyl peroxide cream.apply morning amd evening. Also for 2weeks. Wash ur face with warm water and soap 4times daily or use facial cleanser.just keep d face dry. Don't use d drug if pregnant.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by sophiakalu(f): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Pls I need to get rid of black spots left by acne. ANy suggestions please? Counting on you guys
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
sophia kalu: Pls I need to get rid of black spots left by acne. ANy suggestions please? Counting on you guys

Things to buy:
Buy lactic acid peel 30% or 40%. You could also buy glycolic acid peel 30% or 20%. Glycolic is stronger than lactic, so you have to be careful in your application.
Buy a fan brush for applying the acid
Baking Soda
Cotton balls, I prefer the round ones by swisspers.
A fade cream with 2% or 3% hydroquinone.
Exfoliating soap. I recommend the one by Makari.

Application:
Twice a week:
First step: After shower or whatever, apply the lactic acid to that area(face, upper back, or wherever you have the acne spot) using the fan brush. The first time you use it, try just 2min, with time you would figure out how long your face can take the burning sensation. Never go beyond 10 min on your face though, remember the face is extremely sensitive. If the acid peel spends too much time on your face, your face is going to be a disaster, and you'll have to see a doctor sad

Second step: Put a little of the baking soda in a tiny amount of water. Don't let it be watery, let it be slightly sticky. Then apply on affected area with cotton balls. You would feel strange, the two chemicals would react but after a few seconds, you won't feel the effect of the acid peel again.
Wash your face thoroughly, in fact apply the baking soda mixture again and wash.

Third step: Then apply your 2% or 3% hydroquinone fade cream.

Everyday: Do this twice a day. In the morning after shower, and before you go to bed.
After washing the affected area with exfoliating soap, all you have to do is apply the 2% or 3% hydroquinone fade cream.
I recommend Nadinola extra strength fade cream, ambi fade cream, and skin success. Go for Nadinola grin tongue

P.S: try this process on a small part of your body to see if your skin can adapt or your skin doesn't react. *Back of palm *

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
Sknda: I've pimples since my early teenage yrs and my thought(just like people around me) is that it'll reduce as one grow up bt its been the opposite.My face is very very oily..i've used a lot of products and currently i've a lot of pimples and dark spots on my face,these combined with my oily face gives me a horrible look all day.Its very embarrasing cos naturally,am not that good looking.someone should please recommend products or tips that are effective for both the acne and my oily face cos even without acne,an oily face doesnt fit me.THANKS
Are you oily in your t-zone, cheeks, fore head or the whole of your face is oily?? grin

What exfoliating soap have you used in the past?? Do you eat a lot of peanut or oily food??

What lotion do you use?? Do you use lotion?? Tell me the types of products you've used in the past so I can know the ones I should ask you to try.

How serious is your acne?? Do you have the tiny-tiny ones that spreads all over your face, or you have the gigantic painful ones?? Have you gone to see a dermatologist?? Have you noticed a larger opening in your facial pores??
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Ejine(m): 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
I really think water is an under-appreciated part of our lives.

@OP - Wash your face regularly using SebaMed. It costs just about 900 Nigerian Naira if I'm correct, and it's available in lots of stores around the country. It really sinks deeper to unclog the pores of the skin and give a refreshing feel.

Afterwards, remember to moisturize your skin with Palmer's, Dove's or Jergens' Cocoa Butter. This should help your skin heal quickly and lead to the disappearance of the acne scars.

Minimize your exposure to the sunlight, as it would only make your scars become more pronounced.

Cut a tomato in half and rub it gently around your entire face every morning.

Also, take lots and lots of water.

The results would shock you in 3 months.

I have no acne or acne scars cuz I never had them during puberty. I guess mine's genetic.
But following these steps above would definitely help you regain your fresh skin and confidence.

Cheers.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by abiL(f): 5:07am On Apr 22, 2013
Shollypopz:

Things to buy:
Buy lactic acid peel 50 or 40%. You could also buy glycolic acid peel 30% or 40%. Glycolic is stronger than lactic, so you have to be careful in your application.
Baking Soda

Application:
Twice a week:
First step: After shower or whatever, apply the lactic acid to that area(face, upper back, or wherever you have the acne spot) using the fan brush. The first time you use it, try just 2min, with time you would figure out how long your face can take the burning sensation. Never go beyond 10 min on your face though, remember the face is extremely sensitive. If the acid peel spends too much time on your face, your face is going to be a disaster, and you'll have to see a doctor sad

Second step: Put a little of the baking soda in a tiny amount of water. Don't let it be watery, let it be slightly sticky. Then apply on affected area with cotton balls. You would feel strange, the two chemicals would react but after a few seconds, you won't feel the effect of the acid peel again.
Wash your face thoroughly, in fact apply the baking soda mixture again and wash.

Everyday: Do this twice a day. In the morning after shower, and before you go to bed.
After washing the affected area with exfoliating soap, all you have to do is apply the 2% or 3% hydroquinone fade cream.
I recommend Nadinola extra strength fade cream, ambi fade cream, and skin success. Go for Nadinola grin tongue

Are you for real?!! shocked

This person hasn't done peels before so 40% 50% is a no no. It can lead to burns or post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (which can take months to be properly cleared).

She needs to start off at a lower percentage to introduce her skin to it and see how she reacts to it. You don't want a skin worse off than you started with.

For beginners, lactic & glycolic acids should be started off at a percentage not higher than 20%. It can then be increased gradually.

Procedures involving acids should mostly be carried out by dermatologists. But if you're going to home use it, RESEARCH and be safe.

2 Likes

Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 6:06am On Apr 22, 2013
Shollypopz:
Are you oily in your t-zone, cheeks, fore head or the whole of your face is oily?? grin

What exfoliating soap have you used in the past?? Do you eat a lot of peanut or oily food??

What lotion do you use?? Do you use lotion?? Tell me the types of products you've used in the past so I can know the ones I should ask you to try.

How serious is your acne?? Do you have the tiny-tiny ones that spreads all over your face, or you have the gigantic painful ones?? Have you gone to see a dermatologist?? Have you noticed a larger opening in your facial pores??
d whole of my face is oily,i've d 2 types of pimples u mentioned,i do eat oily foods lyk fried eggs bt nt peanuts,i've used few products before lyk epiderm,nixoderm etc nd av nt seen a dermatologist
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 6:09am On Apr 22, 2013
Ejiné: I really think water is an under-appreciated part of our lives.

@OP - Wash your face regularly using SebaMed. It costs just about 900 Nigerian Naira if I'm correct, and it's available in lots of stores around the country. It really sinks deeper to unclog the pores of the skin and give a refreshing feel.

Afterwards, remember to moisturize your skin with Palmer's, Dove's or Jergens' Cocoa Butter. This should help your skin heal quickly and lead to the disappearance of the acne scars.

Minimize your exposure to the sunlight, as it would only make your scars become more pronounced.

I have no acne or acne scars cuz I never had them during puberty. I guess mine's genetic.
But following these steps above would definitely help you regain your fresh skin and confidence.

Cheers.
trendphemmy: Doxcycline 100mg morning and evening for 2weeks. Buy benzyl peroxide cream.apply morning amd evening. Also for 2weeks. Wash ur face with warm water and soap 4times daily or use facial cleanser.just keep d face dry. Don't use d drug if pregnant.

Cheers.
tanx xooo much,pls do recommend body cream that i cn be using after treating acne;so as nt to resurface..tanx once again
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2013

Cheers.
trendphemmy: Doxcycline 100mg morning and evening for 2weeks. Buy benzyl peroxide cream.apply morning amd evening. Also for 2weeks. Wash ur face with warm water and soap 4times daily or use facial cleanser.just keep d face dry. Don't use d drug if pregnant.

Cheers.
tanx xooo much,pls do recommend body cream that i cn be using after treating acne;so as nt to resurface..tanx once again
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Sknda(m): 6:12am On Apr 22, 2013

Cheers.

Cheers.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 22, 2013
abiL:

This person hasn't done peels before so 40% 50% is a no no. It can lead to burns or post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (which can take months to be properly cleared).

She needs to start off at a lower percentage to introduce her skin to it and see how she reacts to it. You don't want a skin worse off than you started with.

For beginners, lactic & glycolic acids should be started off at a percentage not higher than 20%. It can then be increased gradually.

Procedures involving acids should mostly be carried out by dermatologists. But if you're going to home use it, RESEARCH and be safe.

I started with lactic acid 40% and had it for 2 min. And my skin was fine. angry I did my first at a spa......

@Sophia: listen to abil. Application of acid peel is really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
You can start with glycolic acid for 20% and lactic acid for 30%.
I still maintain glycolic is stronger. #fact!

Let's do this, you can still buy your lactic acid or glycolic acid of 40%. What you then do is DILUTE with water.
For instance:
Using the acid's bottle cover. Pour a cap full of acid peel into a bowl or whatever and then measure a cap full of water and pour it into same bowl to dilute.

Good luck!

AbiL, u got anything else to say?!! angry
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by abiL(f): 7:00am On Apr 22, 2013
Shollypopz:
I started with lactic acid 40% and had it for 2 min. And my skin was fine. angry I did my first at a spa......

@Sophia: listen to abil. Application of acid peel is really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
You can start with glycolic acid for 20% and lactic acid for 30%.
I still maintain glycolic is stronger. #fact!

Let's do this, you can still buy your lactic acid or glycolic acid of 40%. What you then do is DILUTE with water.
For instance:
Using the acid's bottle cover. Pour a cap full of acid peel into a bowl or whatever and then measure a cap full of water and pour it into same bowl to dilute.

Good luck!

AbiL, u got anything else to say?!! angry

40% at a spa is fine. They know what they are doing with acids.

I did not disagree with you that glycolic is stronger than lactic. Of course it is! Glycolic peels the epidermis, it obviously will be tongue

&& yes it can be diluted, but I doubt she knows how the acids work let alone how to use distilled water to get the right percentage. Therefore I'll advice her to get the correct (low percent) acid, to try it first before diving in head first and becoming a chemist grin

Oh yeah.. In addition, a patch test should be done before you start rubbing acids on your skin.

If you get it wrong, it won't be a pretty site. You will end up spending more money to correct the mess.

Preaching over shollybaybay kiss
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by Bukato: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'll like to advise if u av any blemish or reaction on ur skin, kindly visit a certified dermatologist.

Yes, those prescriptions cld work for sm pple. Bt d questions are' have u tested ur skin type? Do u knw if ur skin will accept all dz acid nd soda bn prescribed? D person prescribing if certified shld knw dat skin testing and examination shld come 1st.

Please b careful all, so as nt to complicate d situation of ur skin. Tx nd goodluck.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by askfunmi: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2013
Try Medimix soap with 18herb,u will be glad u did just use it to wash ur face morning and night if u are intrested u can call dis numba 08099099977... datz all
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by sophiakalu(f): 3:01am On May 11, 2013
abiL:

thanks so much dearies! I actually tot abt the %of those recommended peels, actually my scars are not so bad(they get covered up wen I use foundation). I must say I appreciate ur suggestions. I have also found a simple regimen that seems to be going just fine with my skin.I cleanse my face with cetaphil cleanser(to remove make up)then I mix baking soda and the cetaphil on my palm and use as a mild exfoliating scrub, I wash and follow with teatree oil soap(I let it sit for some minutes before washing) then I moisturize with cetaphil lotion but I apply a fading cream to the areas were I have acne scar. Fourtnightly, I use a mask made of oatmeal and glycerine (I use d swissgarde glycerine and royal jelly) I don't forget to take my vitamins though.
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by SageOfSixPaths: 3:06pm On May 14, 2013
Shollypopz:

Things to buy:
Buy lactic acid peel 30% or 40%. You could also buy glycolic acid peel 30% or 20%. Glycolic is stronger than lactic, so you have to be careful in your application.
Baking Soda

Application:
Twice a week:

P.S: try this process on a small part of your body to see if your skin can adapt or your skin doesn't react. *Back of palm *
Re: Need Help On Acne Treatment by homesodear: 4:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Most of us are exposed to sunlight everyday regardless whether we are indoors or outdoors. If we take no proactive action, our skin will absorb excessive ultraviolet rays, causing the formation and accumulation of melanin, then the appearance of dark spots and dull skin. Even the best of soaps/bath gels can leave behind invisible traces of dirt, makeup and pollution on your face, which ultimately blocks absorption of lotion and encourage bacterial growth. Without cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing regularly, your skin will eventually become loose, tired, dull and probably scarred by acne/blackheads. Thus, sun protection and healthy skin measures are required for our skin.

Products I’ll recommend are natural, and contains up to 30% to 99.9% of fresh and pure aloe vera pulp, a powerful weapon. These products are certified from the International Aloe Science Council on the pack. Such products represents truth in labeling on the products, represents the quality of the Aloe content in the products, represents the quality of the Aloe used in the products and, that the Aloe used in the products come from a certified source.

Kindly call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721 to know more on what natural products to use and how to use them. The skin care line is made with NATURAL and NON SYNTHETIC ingredients, But do remember that to achieve long lasting results using these products will require real PATIENCE. Miracles don't happen on the skin, but knowledge, persistence and patient will work miracles.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2022 Latest Senator Styles For Men | 60 Best Senator Native Wears For Stylish Me / Tiatio Serum Reviews!!! / Getting A Prom Dress In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.