Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,241 members, 7,825,931 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Just for marrying your Brother ??? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just for marrying your Brother ??? (4001 Views)

Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission / Police Arrest Man For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (photo) / Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by greatgod2012(f): 2:13am On Apr 18, 2013
kulyie: lmao.that was one of the reasons i broke up with my ex.his mom was telling me i should call his little nephew of 4year old brother jide when i get married.i tried to bury the shock,when my dad investigated into the family,he discovered that they treat their wives like sh1t,omo i took to my heels o

in my hubby's family, i only call those who are 20 years and above aunties and brothers and less than 20 years their names, there was a day i was talking with a 15 years old girl and one of my SIL, their mummy's first born was saying "see how you are talking to your iya oko", i answered her, who is my iya oko, shes my younger sister, i now faced the girl and asked......."are you my iya oko, she said no, if i call you aunty, will you answer, she said "olorun maje, mummy mi niyin", i embrace her and said....thats my girl, i then faced my SIL and asked, can you see now, they are all my younger sisters and brothers...... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by greatgod2012(f): 2:22am On Apr 18, 2013
Now, the strategies to all these is maturity........always behave maturely, carry yourself well, respect yourself and never be too familiar with them, always give yourself your space, never demand from them, instead, give to them, and no one will mess up in your territory. Simple.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by jeffizy(m): 4:00am On Apr 18, 2013
GreatGod12 , your inputs are really aplreciated and on point.
Same for kulyie too.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 18, 2013
kulyie: lmao,thats the best thing any woman can do to herself.inlaws have the tendency to disrespect you after marriage if they notice you are too desperate to marry their son or try to please everyone.best thing.give them their respect,create boundaries,call the peeps who are older than you aunty,the one that is not older than you,find a nick name for her and never use ma or sir for anyone that is not older than you.as simple as that

Abi o. My husband's younger brother is 3 years older than myself, so it's easier to call him 'brother'. But all his little cousins of about 12 years downwards, I didn't even give them nicknames (which time do i have to start coining nicknames for about 13 of them?) i call them their names.

Any parent who doesn't like it should tell me the name to call them and see my red eye.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by jeffizy(m): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2013
Women dey vex o. grin
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by biolabee(m): 7:16am On Apr 18, 2013
jeffizy: Women dey vex o. grin

Na soooo
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by aadetoyin(f): 7:17am On Apr 18, 2013
For me I feel it is the job of the husbands to defend their wives and correct their siblings. It amazes me when some young ladies tend to frustrate their SIL because they will also get married n should expect such treatment.
My hubby is the last born so its even harder for me to deal with his nieces and nephews who come visiting but sincerely I don't do the Uncle n Aunty crap at all cos it doesn't mean I respect u.
My hubby has a female cousin dat expected me to call her aunty so I don't even bother calling her name wen she is around and I stick to speaking English with her so she knows am not takin crap so she hardly visits and doesn't call me which is fine by me.

One of his male cousins even lived in our house for about a year and I call him his name cos we no be mate and I can't pretend.
And when he even wants to start his trouble, my hubby is my defender o. He puts the boy where he should be. My hubby told him straight that I am the madam of the house so he beta behave which actually put things right.
So husbands pls help ur woman, she has to be respected after all she is also someone's daughter.

1 Like

Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by mainadia(f): 9:06am On Apr 18, 2013
In ds Annes case, i guess she cosd it all...she is a wife and not a slave...she shld fix it and put everybody in their rightful position.
Madam ...i hail una kiss
(eyin gbona gann Oº˚)
Kuyie, on point too..
I av a coz who got married fast cos d GF got pregnant...after †ђξ wedding, †ђξ hubby had †̥☺ trvl out so †ђξ wife stil a student had †̥☺ stay wt †ђξ MIL cos she ws heavily preg...i went for a visit...initially ℓ̊ call her 'iyawo' and use †ђξ 'O' word 4 her.. Lyk, 'iyawo mumy pe e' (wifey mumy Ȋ̝̊̅§ calling you) but sum pple insistd ℓ̊ ws bn rude and dsrespectful †̥☺ my bro and dt ℓ̊ shld add anty †̥☺ her name or use †ђξ 'eeh' word for her. Am lyk 3yrs older dan d geh Oº°˚˚˚˚ but she calls me anty or iya oko mi..ℓ̊ told her †̥☺ stop calling me dt and she shld jst stick †̥☺ my real name cos putting anty b4 my name makes †ђξ name sound silly.. 'Antynadia' undecided cos evn her elder sis who Ȋ̝̊̅§ older dn me,she calls her by name,so wts d big deal in adding anty †̥☺ my name cos she Ȋ̝̊̅§ married †̥☺ us? We'll she cldnt sha so ℓ̊ jst allowed her call me by my oriki which ℓ̊ luvd so much.. atleast she can't put anty b4 oriki naa cheesy she stil uses †ђξ 'eeh' word for me but dt doesn't make me feel any special. I stopped calling her iyawo and called her by her mama gvn name...simple!
My guy is a twin and i cal his twin bro by his name not baba oko... But i respect him so much.
I sabi my baba oko now grin
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2013
kulyie: lmao.that was one of the reasons i broke up with my ex.his mom was telling me i should call his little nephew of 4year old brother jide when i get married.i tried to bury the shock,when my dad investigated into the family,he discovered that they treat their wives like sh1t,omo i took to my heels o
. Sharp mind! Kudos!! This name calin is so annoyin!what is in it?even as a mother,I always tell grown ups to call me by my name.too much pride! Abeg some pple should grow up! I've even seen younger sibblins calin their sis(16)aunty! that means if I find myself in that kind of family mistakenly,d 4 don pursue me b dat!that reminds me of one elderly man that asked me what of daddy after my weddin not knowin he mean my hubby! Una de try o!I no fit abeg.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by mainadia(f): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2013
I am d last born so i didn't even see anybody †̥☺ call me anty sef... Am used †̥☺ my beautiful name... Let no any 'iyawo' spoil amm for me joor cos dem marry my bros...
Karma is a bi.tch..wt you do †̥☺ your SIL and BIL, dem go do for you too!
ℓ̊ went for a frends wedding where i ws †ђξ 'best lady'...during †ђξ dancing time,†ђξ brides SIL came †̥☺ change money from me, she ws reluctant †̥☺ gve me †ђξ money she changed but i colectd it O and evn told her it hasn't reachd..†ђξ bride heard us and signald me †̥☺ jst lve her and let her be...but i made sure i coletd everytin grin (wetin be my own sef) grin
†ђξ bride is from a vry vry rich family, †ђξ groom vry ok too but family jst there (dey are sha nt beggers)
After †ђξ wedding †ђξ bride told me †̥☺ divide her money into 2 part and gve †ђξ SIL cos she asked her †̥☺ gve her so dt she can keep it safe wt her and dt she wl gve her wn dey gt home :O i tried †̥☺ convince her but she was adamant cos she didn't want any problem wt her SIL... †ђξ SIL also asked her (bride) †̥☺ cal their last boy (BIL) wt †ђξ 'bro' title..(Rubbish) †ђξ BIL na smal boy and wl nt dare cal brides younger sibling by their names sef. She obliged †̥☺ all ds nonsense all in d name of 'i dnt wnt wahala' but dts her problem sha... Tnk God sha dey are out of †ђξ country now odawise am sure she wl av bn their slave all in d name of 'i dnt wahala'
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 18, 2013
greatgod2012:

in my hubby's family, i only call those who are 20 years and above aunties and brothers and less than 20 years their names, there was a day i was talking with a 15 years old girl and one of my SIL, their mummy's first born was saying "see how you are talking to your iya oko", i answered her, who is my iya oko, shes my younger sister, i now faced the girl and asked......."are you my iya oko, she said no, if i call you aunty, will you answer, she said "olorun maje, mummy mi niyin", i embrace her and said....thats my girl, i then faced my SIL and asked, can you see now, they are all my younger sisters and brothers...... grin grin
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw: . Sharp mind! Kudos!! This name calin is so annoyin!what is in it?even as a mother,I always tell grown ups to call me by my name.too much pride! Abeg some pple should grow up! I've even seen younger sibblins calin their sis(16)aunty! that means if I find myself in that kind of family mistakenly,d 4 don pursue me b dat!that reminds me of one elderly man that asked me what of daddy after my weddin not knowin he mean my hubby! Una de try o!I no fit abeg.
up till tomorrow,him sisters still dey call me,i no pick o.them get traditional mentality for that their family.even small pikin sef dey send wife on errand in the presence of adults in that family.God forbid i chuk head into that family.because of what sef
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2013
mai nadia: I am d last born so i didn't even see anybody †̥☺ call me anty sef... Am used †̥☺ my beautiful name... Let no any 'iyawo' spoil amm for me joor cos dem marry my bros...
Karma is a bi.tch..wt you do †̥☺ your SIL and BIL, dem go do for you too!
ℓ̊ went for a frends wedding where i ws †ђξ 'best lady'...during †ђξ dancing time,†ђξ brides SIL came †̥☺ change money from me, she ws reluctant †̥☺ gve me †ђξ money she changed but i colectd it O and evn told her it hasn't reachd..†ђξ bride heard us and signald me †̥☺ jst lve her and let her be...but i made sure i coletd everytin grin (wetin be my own sef) grin
†ђξ bride is from a vry vry rich family, †ђξ groom vry ok too but family jst there (dey are sha nt beggers)
After †ђξ wedding †ђξ bride told me †̥☺ divide her money into 2 part and gve †ђξ SIL cos she asked her †̥☺ gve her so dt she can keep it safe wt her and dt she wl gve her wn dey gt home :O i tried †̥☺ convince her but she was adamant cos she didn't want any problem wt her SIL... †ђξ SIL also asked her (bride) †̥☺ cal their last boy (BIL) wt †ђξ 'bro' title..(Rubbish) †ђξ BIL na smal boy and wl nt dare cal brides younger sibling by their names sef. She obliged †̥☺ all ds nonsense all in d name of 'i dnt wnt wahala' but dts her problem sha... Tnk God sha dey are out of †ђξ country now odawise am sure she wl av bn their slave all in d name of 'i dnt wahala'
we will have settled all those ones before wedding na.i no go gree give am,i go just cut small from my mind.i no go let anyone bully me from day one so if she like make she dey give me attitude,if she insist i call her aunty,i go find one nick name give am.i fit even call am sis mi,i no go allow am cheat me but i still go adress am as sis mi.she sef go know say na abosi i dey do because i will show her by my character say i dey tolerate am ni
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2013
aadetoyin: For me I feel it is the job of the husbands to defend their wives and correct their siblings. It amazes me when some young ladies tend to frustrate their SIL because they will also get married n should expect such treatment.
My hubby is the last born so its even harder for me to deal with his nieces and nephews who come visiting but sincerely I don't do the Uncle n Aunty crap at all cos it doesn't mean I respect u.
My hubby has a female cousin dat expected me to call her aunty so I don't even bother calling her name wen she is around and I stick to speaking English with her so she knows am not takin crap so she hardly visits and doesn't call me which is fine by me.

One of his male cousins even lived in our house for about a year and I call him his name cos we no be mate and I can't pretend.
And when he even wants to start his trouble, my hubby is my defender o. He puts the boy where he should be. My hubby told him straight that I am the madam of the house so he beta behave which actually put things right.
So husbands pls help ur woman, she has to be respected after all she is also someone's daughter.
i love and respect your husband for that.they too have a role in playing to protect the wife from all kinds of assault comming from his family and vice versae.thats why a lady should have settled this before marriage.make sure he is someone that will respect you and not live you to his family to eat you up
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2013
biolabee:

Na soooo
cheesy grin cheesy
biola how na wink
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 18, 2013
Is is this what most DILs suffer? Oh,we r so so backward!
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 18, 2013
Nawaooh!!Thank God my hubby is not the type that throws his doors open for extended relations,all these in laws drama are foreign to me.He rather pay for your house rent than let you stay with him,he doesn't want any adult influencing his kids or causing any drama.

@Kulyie,you did well by running 4_40,e no get wetin people no dey see for in laws hand.I really won't know how to handle annoying in laws.Things will be easier for some ladies if men can learn to be more protective of their wives.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Is is this what most DILs suffer? Oh,we r so so backward!

Some DIL are really in hot soupoooo!!!!In my part of ibo,you are really screwed to be a DIL in some families,its even worse when you are not from their part.As a single lady,I avoided any man from my part of ibo,they live for their mums.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2013
undecided
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by biolabee(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2013
kulyie: biola how na wink

i dey inside cloth eh...grin
Good morning

Sleep well?
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Hmmmmn, kindly tell what part of ibo u refer to..cos my guy is ibo(and I'm not from his place)..

Which part is he from?am from the part that calls market'AFia'instead of'Ahia'loolll!!!!!are you ibo?
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
grin
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
jeffizy: Women dey vex o. grin

Why women no go vex, when some in laws behave like they are doing the. Woman a huge Favour by marrying their sons..when it's even the wife, they should adore and respect cause she is the one who will give birth to so many generations to come...but cruel mindset of some In laws will not make them see reason... No in law will disrespect me or belittle me, sha..I will be good to them , but I won't step beyond my boundaries ,likewise them too.. Respect is reciprocal.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Isn't it time yet for this our powerful thread to make it to the Front Page
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by jeffizy(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Reading ladies comments makes me laugh. So you guys believe it's only a female affair? Please think again. smiley wink

My spouse happens to be the last born of the house.
She's got like 3 older siblings ( sisters ).
There's a particular one who is like 2 years older than i am with 3 kids.
She has this attitude of "after all, na our last born you marry" wink

By the way, im like 5 years older than my spouse, so , she gives me some attitude once in a while which is annoying. I call her by her 1st child's name.."mama dami".

But i noticed she gets besides herself with excitement when i call her "sista" .

So what i do is to determine what type of mood i want to put her. Lol.

Unfortunately for her, that attitude has not made us relate too well. I just stroke her ego whenever i want.

Person wey no too carry intellectual capabiliities wey wan use me get star. it could be annoying but, it's the way i handled it from the start.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
Even though it also happens to men, i believe its worse for women. There is a possibility that your inlaws will takeyou for a 'bad girl', and possibly turn everyone in the family including your husband against you. So my brother, no be same same o.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: No, I'm not ibo. But bf is from Anambra state.

Hahaahhahh!nah my people!!I can't deal with the typical Anambra guy,there are very few exceptions though.Please be aware of his intentions,so he doesn't waste your time and tell you "My mother said"at the dying minute.
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
grin wink
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by biolabee(m): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
Amelian:

Why women no go vex, when some in laws behave like they are doing the. Woman a huge Favour by marrying their sons..when it's even the wife, they should adore and respect cause she is the one who will give birth to so many generations to come...but cruel mindset of some In laws will not make them see reason... No in law will disrespect me or belittle me, sha..I will be good to them , but I won't step beyond my boundaries ,likewise them too.. Respect is reciprocal.

Because rightly or wrongly, culturally in the past women were seen as a means to an end
The end is the children and thus the focus

1 Like

Re: Just for marrying your Brother ??? by Fussbot: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lol..dis thread funny die..here is mine..I hav an aunt(aburo mummy mi)dat used 2 kal her brother's wife name..bimpe despite d fact dat dis bimpe gal is older dan her by 7yrs and she is 4rm a rich family...my mum used 2 be angry @her anytime she kals dis gal name @ her presence and wil tel her she is going 2 xprnc same tin wen she's married..and tank God naw she is going 2ru dsame tin and her own is even worse,al d 14,15 yrs children of her husbands family naw kals her by her name even though she has given birth,and 2 mak mata worse 4 her,her husband says dias ntin bad in it dat dat's how dey do in dia own family...my mum jst dey use her laff naw anytime she complains saying shebi she tld her dat time....although,anytime I travel down 2 her side,I dey show craze for dos gals kaling her by name(se ya were ni,segbe niyin ni)aftawhich I'l tel her(aunt,inte shey len gba yi o)she go jst laff..bt den I tink ekiti people encourage it more(my mum,my aunt and her husband+her hussby family are all 3m dia,ofcus my grandma 4rm my mum's side also sees ntin bad in it..dey all 4rm ekiti state)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Her Big Virginity Mistake! / What Profitable Business Should I Start With 50 Million Naira in Ondo State? / Nigerian Doctor In USA Abandon Family,rushed Down To His Village To Farm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.