Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians (5002 Views)

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans / Oprah Winfrey Says : All Nigerians Are Criminals / Oprah Winfrey Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by cgem: 6:11am On Apr 09, 2008
Hello all,

The 419 thing has finally been publicized by the most popular black woman in the world. Oprah winfrey on her show with Brian Ross of ABC news in her show and said all Nigerians are fraud stars. The topic of the show was "Internet scams by Nigerians"
At the moment in the world today Nigerians are at great disadvantage. In Australia they do not allow wire transfers to Nigerians. In the US Daily Times and New York Times they always warn American citizens about having to do anything with Nigerians.
Several times on ABC news, they have focused as a topic on their 2020 investigations on Nigerian scams. Infact they have come to lagos before to arrest yahoo boys in cafes! Straight from New York. If you need the link on the youtube video let me know i will send it.
There are a lot of issues and this is spreading like a cancer. Comments please on this this thread.
Here is a link http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Celebrities/0,,2-1225-2108_2186033,00.html
Check out the comments on Oprah's statement from people from all over the world.
I don't support what oprah has said. But Yahoo boys and our corrupt leaders have messed all your good buisiness and creative minded Nigerians up.
You need real hard work to get to the top!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by maryray(f): 6:35am On Apr 09, 2008
Oprah Winfred would rather please foreigners and sell her own people. I believe she started this inorder to gain acceptance, but now it has become so engrained in her that BLACKS, some of them do ot like her. Others understand her position and ignore her sillyness. If u bring an argument like this to her, she will probably put all argument forward 2 show that Nigerians are that bad.

One thing she conveniently 4gets to show the world is d pedophiles those guys have in their country, kids killing each other, and people starving on d streets. Not to mention the fact that they have the highest rate of molesters, rapers, and 419's, the only thing is they make sure not to wash their dirty linen in public, and she of course will probably end up doing anything just to keep her fame and fortune, even say things against Africans, since we make the major reads. I just tolerate her show because she is BLACK, but i don't let her get to me.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by Arnold1(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2008
But let us face it, some of what she is saying is true.

The situation has gotten so bad that, we are discriminated against in other countries in Africa. I have heard
numerous accounts of Nigerians being treated so badly in Kenya, Tanzania and others that it is shocking.

There was an account right here on Nairaland from a Nigerian professor who travelled to Tanzania and was questioned
repeatedly by the immigration officials on what he was doing in their country. They contacted the university he was
visiting in Tanzania before they finally let him leave the airport.

We are at the receiving end of the handwork of those Nigerians that choose to give us a bad name. It's just that simple.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by almondjoy(f): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2008
Bullshit! Don't go and beg Yar'adua to give you guys water and electricity. Sit here and be fantasizing about Oprah who does not care to know if you are dead or alive!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2008
oprah is simply an idiot. she can make herself comfortable sitting on a spike for all care.
yes, she is influential, yes, she is wealthy, yes, nigeria has corrupt nationals and officials but that does mean all nigerians are corrupt?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by hotshawlng(m): 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2008
this poster get work ooooooo,
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by hotshawlng(m): 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2008
I don't want nobody talking about "yahoo yahoo" anymore. Na wetin sef Do you know what average Nigerians go through everyday Most of these yahoo guys r graduates! No jobs, no basic amenities, nothing! Virtually nothing works in this country! What do you want them to do Would u rather they carry guns and rob their neighbours Come to think of it! What is "yahoo yahoo" compared to the billions of dollars that are being stashed away by our corrupt leaders with the assistance of those same whites Abeg! E don do!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by bigfather(m): 12:55am On Apr 14, 2008
hotshawlng:

I don't want nobody talking about "yahoo yahoo" anymore. Na wetin sef [b]Do you know what average Nigerians go through everyday Most of these yahoo guys r graduates! No jobs, no basic amenities, nothing! Virtually nothing works in this country! What do you want them to do Would u rather they carry guns and rob their neighbours Come to think of it! What is "yahoo yahoo" compared to the billions of dollars that are being stashed away by our corrupt leaders with the assistance of those same whites Abeg! E don do![/b]

That is no excuse my brother , what is there is nobody to yahoo anymore ? Then what will they start doing ? Googling ?!
There are better ways than to soil our names. As for opera, let her run her mouth as much as she likes;there's a yoruba adage that says, "ATUPA O KI RI IDI ARA E "
The lamp does not see itself ! More puching to her mouth !
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by hotshawlng(m): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2008
@bigfather; Oh u think so Perhaps, u're comfortable and "big". You're from a rich family, right? Or you're just fortunate enough to have a good job? You don't know what it means to "suffer". I guess, they'll start carrying guns and robbing innocent neighbours! Which of course, is worse! Don't pray for that bro! You don't want to experience that. Believe me!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by DeMD(m): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2008
MY PEOPLE. I WONDER WHY THE SO MUCH HOOLABALOO ABOUT WHAT OPRAH SAID. NA TODAY? RIGHT FROM THE DAYS OF IBB, AMERICANS HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT NIGERIA'S INVOLVEMENT IN 419. YET EVERY DAY TILL DATE NIGERIANS ARE TRAVELLING TO AMERICA. ONLY A FEW WEEKS BACK MY BROTHER TRAVELLED WITH HIS WHOLE FAMILY TO CANADA, HE'S THERE RIGHT NOW DOING A FABULOUS JOB. SO, LEAVE OPRAH ALONE, LET HER KEEP BARKING. MY PEOPLE OF NAIJA, PLS KEEP MOVING ON!!!!!! AFTER ALL IT TAKES INTELLIGENCE TO PLAY A WHITE MAN AND COLLECT SOME HANDSOME DOLLARS FROM HIM. COME TO THINK OF. NO BE GREED AND LONG THROAT AND BIG EYE  shocked shocked shocked shocked  DEY WORRY THE WHITE MEN. THEY,VE BEEN AWARE OF THIS 419 YET THEY ARE STILL FALLING FOR NIGERIANS. EHEN! IT'S TRUE NA: THE FIRST  HAS BECOME THE LAST. THEY WERE USING US FOR SLAVE TRADE , NOW THEY ARE FALLING FOR US AND ARE SCARED OF. WHO SAY E NO GOOD LIKE DAT? NIGERIANS CARRY GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked cool shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by francegal: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2008
na nijia yahoo yahoo boys cause so we just have to live with the rejection as nijia's
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by torture: 4:24pm On Apr 14, 2008
Bleep oprah,Bleep obj ,Bleep EFCC,Bleep yar'ardua,Bleep jonathan,Bleep all governors,Bleep any person against yahoo yahoo.IN SHORT Bleep THIS NATION AND Bleep EVERY WHITE MAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by torture: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2008
F**K dat rich motherf**ker ,F**K obj ,F**K EFCC,F**K yar'ardua, F**K all governors,F**K any person against yahoo yahoo.IN SHORT Bleep THIS NATION AND Bleep EVERY WHITE MAGA. :- embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by bigfather(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2008
hotshawlng:

@bigfather; Oh u think so Perhaps, u're comfortable and "big". You're from a rich family, right? Or you're just fortunate enough to have a good job? You don't know what it means to "suffer". I guess, they'll start carrying guns and robbing innocent neighbours! Which of course, is worse! Don't pray for that bro! You don't want to experience that. Believe me!
Pally nor be by that o ! If that is the case we go don get more than enough robbers sef,it will even get to an extent where robbers will start to rob each others. Now talking about suffering or my coming from a rich family,yes;my father used to be rich but everything went down the drain along the line and i was able to cope due to strict upbringing and i worked in several coys as a low key labourer where i earn 50naira per day a fee for off loading a truck load of detergent ( Pz isolo),but at least i managed. My guy tory plenty but i thank God today. NO EVENT NO HISTORY.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by reniks(f): 3:28am On Apr 16, 2008
Every single day, Nigerians insult Nigerians. We call ourselves corrupt and all that. It's okay if we do that but when someone else is saying it, then it is big news. We don't need Oprah to make us look bad, we already did that ourselves and we keep doing it. Maybe Oprah should have stayed out of our business, but we make it her business when we carry out fraudulent acts outside the shores of the country. I didn't see the show but i wanna believe Oprah didn't actually say all Nigerians are corrupt. No intelligent person would make such a generalization, so if she did that means she's not as intelligent as i thought.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by UARESTUPID: 7:10am On May 13, 2008
@ HOTSHAWLING, THANK You. DONT BOTHER WITH THE KNOW IT ALLS'.

IT JUST DIDN'T CROSS D BITCHES MIND THAT THERE IS MORE CRIME IN THAT WHITE INFESTED COUNTRY, SOUTH AFRICA, IT IS ONLY NIGERIA THAT D WHITES ARE WHINING ABOUT THAT SHE CAN TALK ABOUT.

@DE-MD, TORTURE, AND ALL YAHOO GUYS, THANK You, BRING SOME OF MAMA AFRICA'S WRALTH TO MAMA, LET D MUGS KEEP ON YAPPING grin.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by naijadiva2(f): 6:33pm On May 13, 2008
don't you guys get tired of talking about oprah and nigeria. let her do her. if she wants to diss us, so be it because the actually fools are the one that were stupid enough to fall for the scam anyways. the scams are so stupid that even a baby would know not to believe. what makes people think that if they help some guy in transfer money, they would get a large sum of money. no one forced them to do it, it was all free will and greed.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by javalove(m): 4:29pm On May 17, 2008
Dont know what to say, but to hell with all Nigerian Musicians, Politicians, Movie Makers promoting fraud with their works. Dem no g know peace!!!!!!!!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by bbchamz(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2008
javalove:

Dont know what to say, but to hell with all Nigerian Musicians, Politicians, Movie Makers promoting fraud with their works. Dem no g know peace!!!!!!!!

say wetin mehn kool down why the musicians they are working for dere money mehn the situation in Naija is gettin worse, lets jus Thank God for d positon we at today,
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by benincitys(f): 2:42pm On May 30, 2008
yahoo yahoo  boys and  girls stop your bad act because of your 419  all the Nigerians are been lnsuited everyday all over the world.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by Emkayotis(m): 2:13am On Jun 02, 2008
@Benincitys
My sister tell them more.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Insults Nigerians by smile4kenn(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2008
everyone got mouth to say any shitz

Yahoo yahoo or 419 just leave em nigerians alone

(1) (Reply)

Official Che Guevara Movie Trailer Hd / This Free Movie Search Engine Can Help You Find Any Movie To Download Free / Download Thor 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.