Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner (10203 Views)

Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Abuja Police Trains Officers, Urges Installation Of CCTV In Homes, Public Places / Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Cityguy: 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
ZACHIE: who said you cannot be in your car, windows wound up, a/c blazing and listening to cool music and still be able to hear a gunshot?
yes, you can, olopa!
I tire for NPF and their potbelly goons of ogas. It does not take rocket science to analyse it the way you just did but they know most Nigerians are emotional, intellectually lazy and gullible. This they have exploited several time.
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by alAmin13: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
apala911: The Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory, Olufemi Ogunbayo, has stated categorically that there was no assassination attempt on politician and activist, Dino Melaye. Mr. Melaye had claimed – in a story that went viral on social media – that his vehicle was attacked on Monday night in Abuja’s Central Business District.

“The car was said to have parked few meters away from his and the next thing he (Mr. Melaye) heard was a loud sound which he taught was a gunshot. Dino Melaye never said the shot was aimed at him,” the police chief said in an interview with Premium Times today.

According to the report:

The police boss narrated what Mr. Melaye reported to the police. He said the lawmaker said he was on his way home from the National Hospital, Abuja in his air conditioned car, all windows wound up, and was listening to a cool music when he noticed a range rover sport golf car drive past his.

Mr. Ogunbayo said, “The police have gone to the scene of the crime and we could not find any car parked there; no trace of shells on the ground.”

“And there is car dealer store at the area which we went to ask if they heard any gunshot and they said no they never heard any gunshot,” he added.

The police boss said further investigation showed that Mr. Melaye’s car window is not bullet proof; and if there was a gunshot it would have penetrated straight into the car and he would have been shot dead. He said the window has a sign of a crack on it, which could have been a result of the loud sound.

“If they had wanted to kill Dino, they do not need to drive and park meters away from Dino’s car before shooting, they would have just blocked his car and shoot him at the spot, so that cannot be called an attempted assassination. And how then is it possible for you to be in your car wind up enjoying the air condition and a very cool music and then you hear a gunshot?” he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129941-there-was-no-assassination-attempt-on-dino-melaye-abuja-police-commissioner-says.html

well i dont think it was loud music that causes the glass to crack. This is too simple.

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Policewoman(f): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
The marks from that glass shows clearly that it could not have been made by a gun of any kind. It looks more like a damage done by hitting it with an elbow or using an object such as a bat. Dino Melaiye is obviously lying.

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Baro(m): 12:11am On Apr 18, 2013
A case of two liars, NPF and Dino; one legendary, the other emerging. cool

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by ballabriggs: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2013
If that side window was not bullet proof, it would have shattered. The Police is talking rubbish.
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by tommysparks: 1:25am On Apr 18, 2013
Dino:baby here is #5000.
Ashewo: but its #50,000 we talked
Dino: u no wan take? I don waka o
Dino enters his car and babe picks up a piece of broken block gbosa.. On dino's screen.
Dino:thinkin out loud..chei dis my wife will kill me dis time how do I explain dis to her after ibidapo-obe scandal? And dino's eyes brightens. Let me call my friend elrufai and tell him pdp attempted to assasinate me I know d short fool will spread any news anti pdp.
And dis he does and elrufai wtout hesitation due to boredom and idleness of not being relevant tweets on twitter. #dino melieye almost got killed by a single shot from assasins driving a rangeroversportgolf car,nd nigerians bought d job. And here I am punching keypads @2AM cos of one jobless idiot.

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Myself2(m): 4:10am On Apr 18, 2013
[size=14pt]Two scenarios are very likely here;

For a Dino Melaye that has been jobless for over two years and has been known to have bought cars worth hundreds of millions of naira(without any visible legal livelihood),he must have been up to no good,so maybe his partners in crime are after him for whatever wrong he may have done them

OR

For an attention seeking fraud like Dino,anything is possible just to get attention and public sympathy[/size]

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by lee007(m): 4:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Nigerian Police Things!
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by eikeem(m): 8:07am On Apr 18, 2013
I'm shocked anybody believed the story at all. The first time I saw it, I just laughed it off. Why would anybody want to kill Dino Melaye?
But then,the Nigerian Police has never been truthful in its dealings as well. This is just a case of an attention-seeking individual against an incompetent police force.
Abeg, let me check if the garri I soaked has risen to the desired level. grin
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2013
So 'large sound' now cause visible huge cracks on dino melaye's window ALONE? what sort of sound will cause crack on a only dino's window? is this superstory or what?
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Raimond(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2013
Dino is lying Jare...I'm tempted to believe the version below by TommySparks: Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Dino:baby here is #5000.
Ashewo: but its #50,000 we talked
Dino: u no wan take? I don waka o
Dino enters his car and babe picks up a piece of broken block gbosa.. On dino's screen.
Dino:thinkin out loud..chei dis my wife will kill me dis time how do I explain dis to her after ibidapo-obe scandal? And dino's eyes brightens. Let me call my friend elrufai and tell him pdp attempted to assasinate me I know d short fool will spread any news anti pdp.
And dis he does and elrufai wtout hesitation due to boredom and idleness of not being relevant tweets on twitter. #dino melieye almost got killed by a single shot from assasins driving a rangeroversportgolf car,nd nigerians bought d job.

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2013
Dino has no electoral value so whoever wants to kill him must have something personal against him. i‎​​ will suggest he looks toward the direction of his business patners, baby mama or his past affairs with women, certainly not the government.

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by 190: 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
trix!:

When did Land rover start making Range rover sport Golf?

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Congress: Femi Adetola Disqualified From Running For Youth Leader / Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? / OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.