Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,779 members, 7,851,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

What Will Happen When The Internet Gets Cut Off - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / What Will Happen When The Internet Gets Cut Off (501 Views)

Rapidfax- Send And Receive Fax Over The Internet For Free / Best Online Cloud Based Storage Providers On The Internet / What Makes Writing Jobs On The Internet Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen When The Internet Gets Cut Off by chuzimgaius(f): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nigeria is an overtly dependent nation, even for a technology as free and common as the internet we are still very much dependent on the rest of the world. You can see by our continued woe at internet access since the ill fated glo1 submarine cable issues.

This has resulted in the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (www.nira.org.ng), Nigeria Internet eXchange Point (www.ixpn.net.ng) and the Federal Government to begin finding ways to mend things for the Nigerian Internet before things goes out of control when we'll find that all we have as a nation is held as property by other nations.

Attend the Nigerian Local Internet Content Forum next week, April 25-26 2013 and make your opinion heard for the way forward for Nigeria. Personally I have the following questions:

1. why can't I host my website locally in Nigeria?
2. Why is the cost of broadband access in Nigeria higher than anywhere else in the world?
3. How do I make money from my creative writings online?
4. How do I kill the "fraud" perception everyone online has for me, simply cos I'm Nigerian?

Got your interests too? The Honorable Minister of Communications (Tech) will be there to articulate the way forward for Nigerian Internet. see www.licf.ng for more details, call 08093878113, 08036794338

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Squeeze Page / Cheap Web Hosting At Hostfarming Starts From $2.75/mo / Make Money Using All These SEO Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.