Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Illegal Credit Deduction By Airtel For Un Rendered Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Credit Deduction By Airtel For Un Rendered Service (950 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. / VP Namadi Sambo Unhappy With Okonjo-iweala - She's Rendered Me Redundant!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Credit Deduction By Airtel For Un Rendered Service by lomzy1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
I don't know if this case is pecuilar to me alone. Airtel has been deducting N15.00 (fifteen naira) as sms charges from my credit. About N130.00 (one hundred and thiryt naira ) has been deducted today! Almost N145.00 was deducted yesterday! This issue started about 5 or 6 days ago.. D deducted amount is running into N1000 now (one thousand naira).
This is d message i usually receive: last sms was charged at NGN 15.00 main AC balance is 547.78.
Sometimes d message reads N0.00 was deducted.
I have been calling the customer care for d past 5 days and they always promised me that d issue would be resolved and that my complaoint would be forwarded to the appropraite dept. I have called abt 5 times today alone.
The last customer care rep I spoke with told me that I have been calling an international number ( which I never did).. She said it is a singapore line. My question to her was: if I was actually making calls why should I be billed for sms and she couldn't give any logical reason for that.. All she said was that she would lodge a complaint and forward it to d appropriate dept and that d issue would be resolved within 24hrs which has always been d case.. Am sure all my credit would have been deducted by then.
I don't even know anybody in singapore, so how come? She was so sure abt it and she even called out d number for me. I told her I believe their system has been hacked if that seems to be d case.
All I want is for Airtel to refund all d amount they have deducted from my credit ilegally. the deducted amount should be refunded.. Imagine a company making billions of naira anually and they are still billing their customers ilegally.
I wonder how many people are having the same issue with airtel.
How can I be billed for service they never rendered! This is ridiculous and annoying.
Is anyone having the same issue with airtel?
MODERATOR PLS PUT THIS ON FRONT PAGE..
Re: Illegal Credit Deduction By Airtel For Un Rendered Service by gbadexy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
I renewed •̸Ϟ•̸y BIS weekly subscription and the money was deducted but I was unable to access the internet or use the BB messenger.
I called the customer care severally and I was promised it would be resolved, I eventually got an sms that the issue was finally resolved on the 6th day but by then I had already collected N450 loan air time from them as •̸Ϟ•̸y compensation and I removed their sim into a smaller phone to receive calls and switched to etisalat.
I checked if the validity of the subscription would be extended but it wasn't but ♍ƺ sef use their N450 airtime, a loan I would never repay.
Re: Illegal Credit Deduction By Airtel For Un Rendered Service by mayorall(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
The network is now turning to something else...I subscribed 1200 f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ my BIS and after a week they unsubscribed me telling me I only paid f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ a week and I still get 898MB on my line expiring I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the next 3 weeks...called and promising me everyday, went to their office my brother it was same story o .....The only thing I could do is to borrow #500 from them and dump the network f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ etisalat which is now #1000 f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ its BIS...
Re: Illegal Credit Deduction By Airtel For Un Rendered Service by lomzy1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Moderator pls move this to d front page. Airtel is really ripping ppl off their money. This has to stop.

(1) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Rejects Govt's N5.8bn Post-election Violence Compensation / Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. / Okorocha Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.