Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Bulk SMS Marketing – 3 Insider Tips To Higher Response And Revenue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bulk SMS Marketing – 3 Insider Tips To Higher Response And Revenue (503 Views)

Slot And Its Phenomenal Response / Mark Zuckerberg's Epic Response To Darlene Loretto, A Facebook User / Hilarious But Perfect Response To A Scammer(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bulk SMS Marketing – 3 Insider Tips To Higher Response And Revenue by Edwin7: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Do you want massive response from your bulk SMS marketing campaigns and increased revenue therefrom? Then test these no-cost tips and take advantage of these statistics about email I recently come across which I’m currently testing for my bulk SMS campaigns. Thanks to DEMC for bringing them to my notice.
When you are done with your tests, please come back here and let the world know if you experienced a marked improvement in your bulk SMS marketing campaigns. That way we can help each other succeed in our businesses and whatever it is we are using bulk SMS to do.

Tip #1: Send bulk SMS between 8pm and midnight.

“According to a Q4 2012 analysis by Experian CheetahMail – emails sent late in the evening outperformed emails sent any other time of day.

“Emails sent between 8pm and 12am generated higher open and clickthrough rates, more transactions, larger orders, and greater revenue per email than emails sent at any other time. Email sent from 8pm – 12am had return of 48 cents per email. This was triple the overall average of 14 cents per email.”

Even though email is different from bulk SMS, they share some similarities that if explored could post the same results as emails above.

To do: Send your bulk SMS between 8pm and 12am and also send the same message between 8am and 12pm and see how it pans out.

Tip #2: Deliver bulk SMS promotions on Saturday.

“Experian found Saturday generated the best return on investment. The transaction rate on Saturday was .16%, compared with .11% overall.”

To-do: You also need to test this and see if it works in Nigeria. Yes, Saturday is a work-free day for most people, but Nigerians rarely make payments online. You may need to follow-up on with another bulk SMS or phone call on Monday and see how it works out.

Tip #3: Increase the number of bulk SMS sent for each specific offer.

This means that you should increase the number of SMS you send for a specific offer. Three to five SMS is ideal and ideally, you should change your message content and let it stress the deadline. For instance, the first message could say, 72 hours to go, the second SMS could say, 48 hours to go, the third message will be 24 hours left to advantage of your special offer, and so on.

Remember, the keyword is TEST. So, test and see if this works for your bulk SMS marketing.

Article Source: http://5starsmsng.com/blog/tips/bulk-sms-marketing-3-insider-tips-to-higher-response-and-revenue/
Re: Bulk SMS Marketing – 3 Insider Tips To Higher Response And Revenue by jaygeeman: 5:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Hello, thanks for sharing these tips even though they are mostly tailored to emails. I was just wondering how this can be applied to sending sms to small businesseses who we all know are usually busy monday to saturday?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Kicks Off Number Portability / Alternativ Googlekeep Android Note App Which Can Restore Notes2previos Versions? / My Blackberry Disconnect With Etisalat Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.