Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Ethics And Morality, Upon Which Should Justice Be Based? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethics And Morality, Upon Which Should Justice Be Based? (427 Views)

BREAKING NEWS!!SENATE Commitee On Ethics Concludes Report On Amaechi / Senate Committee On Ethics Aborts Amaechi’s Screening - The Nation / AIT Hate Attacks On Buhari; A Violation Of Ethics And Standards Of Journalism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ethics And Morality, Upon Which Should Justice Be Based? by Jonwesley(m): 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
I have been troubled and bothered to see the twists and turns in our judicial system and the world over without getting a conviction till now. Often times legal luminaries, jingoists and juggernauts fight each other to win cases they represent as counsels and seek sympathy or support of the judge on the other hand to rule in their favour. The bottom line is whoever presents better facts, quote established cases and show dexterity on ethics to convince the judge wins the case, at the expense of morality starring at their faces. I wish to ask between ethics and morality which is better to base the justice delivery system. Kindly give me your robust responses.
Re: Ethics And Morality, Upon Which Should Justice Be Based? by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
I root for ethics over morality cos morality is subjective. I guess you've heard the saying that one man's food is another man's poison.

(1) (Reply)

Boston Bomb Vs Boko Haram / Difference Btw U.S And Us When Dealin With Terrorism / Uduaghan Urges Priority Attention To Teachers’ Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.