Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Long Would It Take Firstbank To Produce An Android Firstmobile App?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Long Would It Take Firstbank To Produce An Android Firstmobile App?? (532 Views)

Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions / How Long Would It Take Firstbank To Produce An Android Firstmobile App?? / How Long Would It Take Firstbank To Produce An Android Firstmobile App?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long Would It Take Firstbank To Produce An Android Firstmobile App?? by liquidsnake: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
When I was on a Symbian phone, using the Firstbank FirstMobile app for transfers and paying for transactions was easy,(not withstanding the N200 deducted for transfering to other banks - another matter for another day) since it was written in Java. But now I have got an Android phone and suddenly find myself unable to use the FirstMobile app. Why? Because the "Big Elephant" does not have FirstMobile app for Android!!!

Android does not natively install .jar files. You have to install another third party app to make installing .jar files possible, and the app does not come free. Unless you want to pirate. (Imagine using a pirated app for banking transactions. I'll pass, thanks)

Access bank, GTB and Diamond bank have their bank's apps in the Google Play Store. Why shouldn't Firstbank? I have written severally to the so-called 'Customer Care'. That was really a wasted effort. No response. No app. Not even after 2 months of chilling.

Now I am coming here to write this hoping that a staff of Firstbank is a member of Nairaland, and hopefully works in the Mobile section of Firstbank. So if you fit the above, please convey this message to your colleague.

Moderators, could you kindly put this on the front page, please?
Re: How Long Would It Take Firstbank To Produce An Android Firstmobile App?? by arbitrage: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
GTBank only have GT mobile money on android market which has many un-activated features except to just recharge and partially transfer to GT account unlike their java GT mobile that does everything mobile banking before. I wish they can make the mobile money application to be robust and all the menu features activated as it was on GT mobile I was using before. Anyway, for now Etranzact pocketmoni is doing what they could not offer.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Business Proposal / Drivers Licence / Advice On Printing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.