Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan (1045 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / 2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by KingPradas(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that most Nigerian roads will be in good conditions in the next two years.

Speaking during the inauguration of the WEMPCO cold steel plant in Magboro, Ogun State on Thursday, the President acknowledged that most Nigerian roads had been abandoned for a long time.
He, however, gave an assurance that most of the roads would be in good shape by 2015.
He said, “We assure Nigerians that we are intervening in our road reconstruction. It is not easy because this country is very big and the road networks appear to have collapsed due to long time neglect.

“There is no magic wand that the government will use to repair all the roads at the same time, but we are intervening massively, and if we progress at the rate we are progressing, God willing, most of Nigerian roads will be motorable in the next two years.”

The President was prompted by the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, who complained that the federal/state road dichotomy was frustrating the state’s infrastructure development drive, especially in the area of road development.

“We have been trying everything possible to make Ogun State conducive for business. Our investment drive is being greatly hampered by an embarrassing dichotomy called the federal/state roads,” the governor said.
Amosun remarked that Ogun State had rehabilitated some federal roads considered very critical to the economic development of the state; adding that this had not happened without confrontations with the Federal Ministry of Works.

“As at present, our roads are wearing new looks and have high standards. However, we are been accused by agencies of the Federal Government of improving on roads in our dear state. The most painful thing is that these federal roads are very germane to our investment drive. The least we expect is for the Federal Ministry of Works to come and disturb us,” he said.
While lauding the effort of the Federal Government in rehabilitating the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Amosun said the state would not hesitate to partner with it to repair the road.
This, he said, had become imperative because 83 per cent of the road was situated on Ogun State land.

In response, Jonathan, said “I believe there is a communication gap between your government and the Federal Ministry of Works. If not, those issues were not supposed to have even come up at all. There is no controversy at all about a state or local government intervening in any federal road.

“I will emphasise that the ordinary Nigerian does not want to know whether a road was built by the federal, state or local government.

“However, if you intervene in a federal road at a time we are not ready, and you want the Federal Government to partner in terms of cost, then we will give you what we have planned for the road. However, you must follow our procurement process for us to pay you.

“But if you have money to build the road, you don’t even need to bother with our procurement laws, you can go ahead and build the road, but we will not refund any part of the money.”

Source: http://news.naij.com/31556.html
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Tolexander: 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
I pray they are not SHIPABLE, BOATABLE and SUBMARINEABLE when their potholes are filled with water before then.

Less i forget, he said boko haram menace would end by last year June!

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
Try fulfil ur promise oga presidoo
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by KingPradas(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
Tolexander: I pray they are not SHIPABLE when their potholes are filled with water before then.

True oh
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by chinkelly(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ promise. U nor dey shame?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by KingPradas(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
chinkelly: S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ promise. U nor dey shame?

is it not jonathan everyday he go promise
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
Tolexander: I pray they are not SHIPABLE, BOATABLE and SUBMARINEABLE when their potholes are filled with water before then.

Shut the Fcck Up Idi.ot.
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
chiover: Try fulfil ur promise oga presidoo

If you travel around the country and see what he has done to the roads so far, you will believe him. If any BUFFOON here does not travel around, and therefore does not know whatsupp, he should SHUT THE FCCK UP.

You don't come in here with nothing but pessimism and an empty skull to stink up the place.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Tolexander: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
Rossikk:

Shut the Fcck Up Idi.ot.
your cerebral power is subzero!

Wonder why Seun decided not creating a psychiatric section on this forum for this nonentical nonentity to moderate his fellow patients cos his magnitude of stupidity and unintelligence when coverted to WORD, seems to be greater than the word God used to create the heaven and earth in the bible!

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by chinkelly(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tolexander: your cerebral power is subzero!

Wonder why Seun decided not creating a psychiatric section on this forum for this nonentical nonentity to moderate his fellow patients cos his magnitude of stupidity and intelligence when coverted to WORD, seems to be greater than the word God used to create the heaven and earth in the bible!
gringringrin u get morofoko!!! Hehehehe
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by chinkelly(m): 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
Rossikk:

If you travel around the country and see what he has done to the roads so far, you will believe him. If any BUFFOON here does not travel around, and therefore does not know whatsupp, he should SHUT THE FCCK UP.

You don't come in here with nothing but pessimism and an empty skull to stink up the place.
People like u are called "Akpa" in warri. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ I shud travel around be4 I can tell whether the roads are in good shape right? That's not necessary. This is electronic age, bro wake up! Everybody sees what is happening and communicate it around! I don't have 2 travel 2 Akwa Ibom, or 2 Edo state or where ever 4 dat matter to SEE wats going on. Almost a hundred people got killed recently in autocrash along the Benin-Lagos express road. It was due 2 the condition of the road. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ don't come here 2 fan ur stinky breath in our faces. Everybody can't be as dumb as u!

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by asha80(m): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
chinkelly:
People like u are called "Akpa" in warri. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ I shud travel around be4 I can tell whether the roads are in good shape right? That's not necessary. This is electronic age, bro wake up! Everybody sees what is happening and communicate it around! I don't have 2 travel 2 Akwa Ibom, or 2 Edo state or where ever 4 dat matter to SEE wats going on. Almost a hundred people got killed recently in autocrash along the Benin-Lagos express road. It was due 2 the condition of the road. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ don't come here 2 fan ur stinky breath in our faces. Everybody can't be as dumb as u!
you are a fool if you think that the crash on benin ore road was because of bad road instead of carelessness of the drivers.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 10:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
chinkelly:

The highlighted just shows the world what you are - a DUMB, WORTHLESS LAYABOUT - walking around with an empty skull and hate.

For your information, it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE to those of us who travel around, and many who don't, that that road is today among the smoothest and best in the entire country, and that if anything caused the accident, it was the smooth, perfect nature of the road for countless hundreds of miles, possibly causing over-speeding.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by otokx(m): 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
The real issue with the newly constructed and on going construction of roads is it appears they have expiry date of maximum 2 years whether vehicles use them or not.
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by manny4life(m): 12:15am On Apr 21, 2013
chinkelly:

Nna, where did you get this news from? The news that I heard if I'm correct was a gas tanker explosion and another involving a bus or something. Where you take hear say na bad road? Abeg post your source immediately, that's how you people propagate lies.
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by omenka(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2013
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of this blabbermouth. He should go fix his hideous nose!
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2013
omenka: I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of this blabbermouth. He should go fix his hideous nose!
What's wrong with his nose? What are you, some cotton picking self hating plantation slave or something? What's next? He should go bleach his skin too? Thick skull fool.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by bknight: 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk: What's wrong with his nose? What are you, some cotton picking self hating plantation slave or something? What's next? He should go bleach his skin too? Thick skull fool.

Rossikk take it easy. its obvious u hv a personal interest in defending Jonathan as a person. If someone yabs his nose, I dnt expect u to take dat personal.
If u want to defend d 'president' and see to it dat d office is not rubbished by ur fellow citizens then that's patriotic. If u defend d administration's moves, its understandable but why get so personal like they jst insulted a family member?

@topic: I personally know conditions of d roads are getting better off than used to be but there isn't enough still to get excited abt. I personally see some good stuff GEJ is doing but seems like his negatives supersedes his positives.

smiley
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by fckyourwoman: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mr presio, you have to work towards that, because right now there are no changes
Re: Most Nigerian Roads Will Be Motorable By 2015 – Jonathan by MrUzo: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Who still listens to him?

(1) (Reply)

Dog Cries On Its Owner's Grave / EXPOSED! Opposition’s Plot Against Nigeria: A Call For Vigilance / Etche Denies Gov. Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.