Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,672 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Chelsea's 2nd Quiz - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea's 2nd Quiz (1917 Views)

Community Shield: Arsenal V Chelsea 2nd August 3:00pm / Sports Photo Quiz 1 / Barcelona Vs Chelsea: , (2nd Leg): ,(nou Camp): ,(8:45pm.,kickoff) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 2:24am On Apr 10, 2008
Its been a while we tested ourself on this thread.

Here we go;

1) Few years ago, during the match, Chelsea goalkeeper was red-carded/injured and one of the players has to be a goalkeeper> It happens twice. (a) Who are the players that suddenly become Chelsea goalkeepers?(b) what is the outcome of the match (c) which competion are we playing?

2) How many Ex-World Best footballer(s) have worked for chelsea? Name them and in what capacity?

3) Just like today's Berbatov/Keane terrific patnership. Two former chelsea players used to be like that. After they left chelsea,both have scored against chelsea. (a) Name them and their Nationalities (b)What is their present team(s) (c) when did they score against chelsea

4) He scored hat-trick against Chelsea, Chelsea then bought him a season after. He scored a hat-trick for chelsea on his debut season. who is he? grin

5) "Former" Chelsea player say this of Jose mourinho " "He's the best coach I've worked under.

"He became more of a friend than a boss and I've never seen that kind of closeness from another coach in all the years I've been a footballer." tongue
   who is the player?
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 5:37am On Apr 10, 2008
Akolawole:

Its been a while we tested ourself on this thread.

Here we go;

1) Few years ago, during the match, Chelsea goalkeeper was red-carded/injured and one of the players has to be a goalkeeper> It happens twice. (a) Who are the players that suddenly become Chelsea goalkeepers?(b) what is the outcome of the match (c) which competion are we playing?

2) How many Ex-World Best footballer(s) have worked for chelsea? Name them and in what capacity?

3) Just like today's Berbatov/Keane terrific patnership. Two former chelsea players used to be like that. After they left chelsea,both came to stamford Bridge and scored against chelsea. (a) Name them and their Nationalities (b)What is their present team(s)

4) He scored hat-trick against Chelsea, Chelsea then bought him a season after. He scored a hat-trick for chelsea on his debut season. who is he? grin

5) "Former" Chelsea player say this of Jose mourinho " "He's the best coach I've worked under.

"He became more of a friend than a boss and I've never seen that kind of closeness from another coach in all the years I've been a footballer." tongue
who is the player?

Lemme try my best

(1.) Against Newcastle in the FA cup quarter final, Cudicini was injured and Glen Johnson had to play in goal as Mourinho had already made three substitues

(2.) Ruud Gullit - 1987 & 1989 World Soccer magazine Player of the year - worked as player-manager
      Shevchenko - 2004 FIFA World Player of the year - works as a player

I don't know of any others. I think Vialli may have also won a World Soccer Player of the year award in the mid-1990's but I am not too sure.

(3.) I don't remember any Keane/ Berbatov partnership at Chelsea except Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink and I don't think Gudjohnsen has scored against Chelsea since he left,

(4.) Gujohnsen?

(5.) Maniche
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 5:43am On Apr 10, 2008
OK lets keep this going.

(1.) Which black french right back/ centre back with the initials B.L played for Chelsea in the late 1990's?

(2.) Which Yugoslavian central midfielder was released by Chelsea after Roman Abramovic took over the club.

(3.) Who scored the winning goal against Vicenza in the 1998 Cup winner Cup semi-final.

(4.) Which Croatian attacking midfielder was signed from Parma in the 2000's for £5.5m?

(5.) In 2003, Chelsea were taken to court by Alaves over the free transfer of which Spanish right-winger? Alaves claimed that the player had already signed for them.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by rikkyjen(m): 5:50am On Apr 10, 2008
Ibime:

Lemme try my best

(1.) Against Newcastle in the FA cup quarter final, Cudicini was injured and Glen Johnson had to play in goal as Mourinho had already made three substitues

(2.) Ruud Gullit - 1987 & 1989 World Soccer magazine Player of the year - worked as player-manager

I don't know of any others. I think Vialli may have also won a World Soccer Player of the year award in the mid-1990's but I am not too sure.

(3.) I don't remember any Keane/ Berbatov partnership at Chelsea except Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink and I don't think Gudjohnsen has scored against Chelsea since he left,

(4.) Gujohnsen?

(5.) Maniche

On the two highlighted part, you are most definitely wrong. Sheva and Vialli HAVE NEVER won the FIFA player of the year. maybe you are talking about sheva winning the Ukranian player of the year when he was at Dynamo Kiev or something but Player of the year? Nah

The highest Sheva has been in FIFA was when he was the thrid in 2004 behing Ronaldinho and henry. Another of his career high was winning the Ballon D'or in 2004 and Pele naming him in FIFA 100. Besides that. . . .
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 6:23am On Apr 10, 2008
Oh yeah - I forgot George Weah - 1995 FIFA player of the year.

Sheva didn't win FIFA player of the year? Lemme google that.

I never said Vialli was FIFA player of the year. I said he MAY have won World Soccer player of the year in mid-90's but I am not sure.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 6:28am On Apr 10, 2008
Yeah, you're right - Sheva was FIFA Ballon D'or in 2004, not player of the year.

Vialli was World Soccer player of the year in 1995.

http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=award&Id=8
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2008
@All

i have modify question 3 for clearance purposes

@Ibime

You are a newbie here. There have been many quiz, please launch yours on another thread.

I was dissapointed in your answers though. most of those answers are too cheap forsomebody that knows chelsea well well.

Only one is a bit tough.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 11:24am On Apr 10, 2008
IBIME's answers

Ibime:

Lemme try my best

(4.) Gujohnsen?

(5.) Maniche

Thank you
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2008
@Somze and nateeves

I am expecting your own o.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by McOmo(m): 11:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
see as this thread dey quiet   shocked

even all these so-called CHIEF ANALYSTS OF THE CHELSKI LAND JUST DEY MIS-FIRE . . . .NA WAO  embarassed

@Akola

when did u start asking such cheap questions abeg make ur questions up to standard jare, make we seperate the men from the boys cheesy
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 9:56am On Apr 12, 2008
@McOmo

Abi o.

One even claimed to be living in stamford bridge.

He knows nothing about Chelsea.

The hat-trick one is the only tough one others are too easy

Maybe Rikky and you can take it as usual cry
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by somze(f): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2008
Oga easy. . . na night shift dey cause am

Ok

1. Cudicini was sent off in an FA cup quater final against Newcastle - Glen takes over. (1-0 against chelsea)
Cech and Cudicini injured against Reading in the EPL- Terry takes over (1-0 to Chelsea)

2. Ruid Gullit - Player and Manager (I dont know of another)

3. Gudjonsen and Hasselbaink.
Gudjonsen - For Barca in CL, still at Barca . . . I think - Iceland
HasselBaink - For Charlton in EPL, don't know where he's at now - Holland

4. Gudjonsen

5. Maniche
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2008
Ako, wetin be your issue? Please don't try to clown - you no see say Somze gave the exact same answers as me (by the way Somze, you forgot George Weah) - Anyway, Ako, the fact is that your questions are ill-posed. For example, Chelsea have never had a Keane-Berbatov partnership in the last 15 years. Gudjohnsen and Jimmy are the closest but they were not exactly Keane-Berbatov. Look at my questions and you will see how to ask quiz questions.

Another example - you say which Worlds best player worked for Chelsea - the question is ill-posed. By which criteria do you mean World's best player.

Ballack was one of the World's best players in the early 2000's but he never won an award. Maybe the question you mean to ask is "Which Chelsea player has won the FIFA player of the year award."

Neither Ruud Gullit nor Vialli ever won FIFA player of the year - but they did win won World Soccer player of the year which is also a highly recognised award. Infact, looking at the question you posed, I DOUBLE DARE you to prove that my answers are wrong except for possibly question 3 & 4. Yes, Gudjohnsen scored against Chelsea - I forgot.

BTW, funny how all your questions are post-Abramovic era.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by somze(f): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
Ibime
Yeah, George Weah played for us, though it was more of a retirement exercise
Cool it bro, no need to start a fight

Now for your questions

1. Marcel Desailly is the only french black defensive player we've had for some time so dont know who you speak of. Gallas too.
2. Jokanovic
3. Hughes
4. Stanic is crotian. . .I think
5. Dont know
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2008
Ibime:

(1.) Which black french right back/ centre back with the initials B.L played for Chelsea in the late 1990's?

(2.) Which Yugoslavian central midfielder was released by Chelsea after Roman Abramovic took over the club.

(3.) Who scored the winning goal against Vicenza in the 1998 Cup winner Cup semi-final.

(4.) Which Croatian attacking midfielder was signed from Parma in the 2000's for £5.5m?

(5.) In 2003, Chelsea were taken to court by Alaves over the free transfer of which Spanish right-winger? Alaves claimed that the player had already signed for them.

somze:

Now for your questions

1. Marcel Desailly is the only french black defensive player we've had for some time so don't know who you speak of. Gallas too.
2. Jokanovic
3. Hughes
4. Stanic is crotian. . .I think
5. Dont know

Well done . . . . . 3/5.

Waiting on the others.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by McOmo(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2008
@Ibime

whats with ur hijacking someone else's thread

moreso . . .u couldnt even answer accurately Akola's questions and instead u were talking semantics embarassed

what do u mean the questions are post-Abrahamovich

did u mean pre-Abrahamovich undecided
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
^^^Look, I just answered the guys question. Instead of giving me my score . . . he starts to talk about how I claim to be Mr Chelsea but I cannot answer his question. He is the one bringing up these long discussions, not me.

Anyway, we should have ONE Chelsea quiz thread for all our Chelsea quizzes so that Chelsea fans can learn about the clubs history rather than having x amount of quizzes that disappear from the fron page after one week.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
Mc Omo:

whats with your hijacking someone else's thread 

moreso . . .u couldnt even answer accurately Akola's questions and instead u were talking semantics  embarassed

what do u mean the questions are post-Abrahamovich 

did u mean pre-Abrahamovich  undecided

I wonder!

@Ibime

There have been many quiz that i have launched in the last 2 years.

I wonder why you want to change the style of my quiz.

You are a long time chelsean and also worked for a respectable goal.com so i expect a lot from you. Suprisingly, i am sure Dr Kit, Rikky and Jackal will do better despite being a supporter of the left wing.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Jackal1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Jackal? Left Wing?
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2008
So what if they do better than me? If you bring Arsenal or Man Utd quiz now, I could do better than them. I completely forgot that Gudjohnsen scored against Chelsea. Infact, I do not remember goalscorers or the goals they scored that well. Every week, I have to watch Italian, French, Spanish, German, Brazilian, Dutch, English and Argentinian goal round ups. By the next week I already forgot who scored what. I don't even honestly remember who scored our goals in our 4-2 victory over Barca. Infact, someone had to remind me that Kezman scored one of them.

But ask any question about any footballer who has ever played for Chelsea since 96 - his background, who we signed him from, his position, his transfer fee - even the ones that only played a handful of games and I will answer your question. I can also answer the same for Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Infact, because of this, I am going to start the official Chelsea quiz thread - it is a good idea to hold quizzes if only we can leave out the argument.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2008
Ibime:

I don't even honestly remember who scored our goals in our 4-2 victory over Barca. Infact, someone had to remind me that Kezman scored one of them.

Marteja Kezman was not even among the goal scorer.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2008
Somze's entry

1. Cudicini was sent off in an FA cup quater final against Newcastle - Glen takes over. (1-0 against chelsea)
Cech and Cudicini injured against Reading in the EPL- Terry takes over (1-0 to Chelsea)

2. Ruid Gullit - Player and Manager (I don't know of another)

3. Gudjonsen and Hasselbaink.
Gudjonsen - For Barca in CL, still at Barca . . . I think - Iceland
HasselBaink - For Charlton in EPL, don't know where he's at now - Holland

4. Gudjonsen

5. Maniche
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 1:37am On Apr 15, 2008
My Answers:

1a) Glen Johnson in an FA cup quarter-final match in Newcastle (1b) John Terry against Reading

2) Ruud Gulit- Player then Manager
     George Opong Weah-Player

Both are ex- FIFA World Best players

3) Chelsea's ever best striking patnership till date was Kerry Dixon/ Speedy relationship while we were in the lower division UNTIL Kerry publish a book cry.

#Our Near-best was Jimmy Floyd Hasseinbaink and Eidur Gudjohnsen's patnership. More than 40 goals in a season between the duo.

# Jimmy is a Dutch while Eidur is Icelandic

#Jimmy is currently with Cardiff city FC while Eidur is with FC barcelona of spain.

# Jimmy scored against Chelsea at stamford bridge in Charlton shirt while Eidur found the net for Barca in Nou camp.

4) Gordon Davies scored hat-trick against chelsea then come over to the bridge following season to score hat-trick for chelsea.

5) Maniche

Thanks for the contributors and for those that "read and run" grin

And the winner is
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 1:45am On Apr 15, 2008
The winner has the chance to pick from the following books;

1) The rules of the game by Pierluigi Collina

2) Bobby Robson- My Autobiography

3) Andy Gray- The autobiography

4) Dennis Wise-The autobiography

5) Bestie- George Best's Biography.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2008
Akolawole:

2) Ruud Gulit- Player then Manager
     George Opong Weah-Player

Both are ex- FIFA World Best players

How can Ruud Gullit be FIFA player of the year when the FIFA award didn't start till 1991? He was World Soccer Magazine Player of the Year, never FIFA player of the year.

You also state that Kerry Dixon/Speedy was our greatest ever strike partnership. By what criteria do you reach this conclusion? Remember that we were a lower division side at the time.

Who the hell is Gordon Davies? Please stick to recent history, preferably the last 12 years if you take that most Chelsea fans who are Nigerian started supporting the club after Babayaro joined in 1997.

What a shitty quiz!
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2008
Ibime:

1) How can Ruud Gullit be FIFA player of the year when the FIFA award didn't start till 1991? He was World Soccer Magazine Player of the Year, never FIFA player of the year.

2) You also state that Kerry Dixon/Speedy was our greatest ever strike partnership. By what criteria do you reach this conclusion? Remember that we were a lower division side at the time.

3) Who the hell is Gordon Davies? Please stick to recent history, preferably the last 12 years if you take that most Chelsea fans who are Nigerian started supporting the club after Babayaro joined in 1997.

4) What a shitty quiz!

How i wish Rikky, Mcomo ,Jackal and other Elders are here to respond to these.

I will give it to you

1) Untill 1993 CAF don't give awards to African footballer of the year. It was a french magazine that does that but SACTIONED by CAF. The same thing applies to FIFA. sheck out this on wikipedia, particularly read the individual honours in 1987 and 1989. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_Gullit

2) Just check it out.

3) Why must i use your own criteria in selecting my choice of question? Who are you? Are you Muki or seun Osewa?

4) Shitty questions indeed. You cant even remember George Weah neither did you remember who scored for chelsea gainst Barca.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by somze(f): 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2008
Akolawole:

3) Why must i use your own criteria in selecting my choice of question? Who are you? Are you Muki or seun Osewa?

So damn funny grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2008
Akolawole:

1) Untill 1993 CAF don't give awards to African footballer of the year. It was a french magazine that does that but SACTIONED by CAF. The same thing applies to FIFA. sheck out this on wikipedia, particularly read the individual honours in 1987 and 1989. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_Gullit

2) You also state that Kerry Dixon/Speedy was our greatest ever strike partnership. By what criteria do you reach this conclusion? Remember that we were a lower division side at the time.

(1.) Provide evidence that the World Soccer awards were SANCTIONED by FIFA. Olodo!

(2.) Check what out? Kerry Dixon was Chelsea top goalscorer - does that make him a better player than the players we have now. He did most of his work in the 2nd division. It is YOUR opinion that Dixon is our best striker. It is also YOUR opinion that the Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink partnership was as good as the Keane/Berbatov partnership. Please don't put it in a quiz. Ask straighforward questions.

(3.) Use Universal criteria
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by somze(f): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2008
Ibime
Relax guy
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by McOmo(m): 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
who is this Ibime guy sef

some of u nigg@s need to see ur shrinks angry

why the hell u call this a shitty quiz when its not mandatory for u to participate . . . . undecided

Akolawole has been arguably the most notable sports person here (at least one of the most reknowned) and u just feel like u need to first insult him to pass ur message across . . .na wa o ! angry

e be like say we go return Nland to how it was . . .FIRE FOR FIRE cool am tired of playing MR NICE whereas some people just come attacking without a good reason embarassed

Akola has been the major quiz launcher here giving people here prizes and nobody has been complaining here . .why the affront now
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Ibime(m): 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2008
Mc Omo:

Akolawole has been arguably the most notable sports person here (at least one of the most reknowned)

Well, standards must be low.

Please return to your Arsenal thread and leave us alone. Akolawole is the one who started throwing insults so I am just returning them. I just answered his question and he is the one who started with the insults. Its not like its that serious.
Re: Chelsea's 2nd Quiz by Akolawole(m): 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2008
Ibime:

It is YOUR opinion that Dixon is our best striker.

The more you write the more blunder you spew

@Mc omo

I hope you remember Naija always cry foul that none of our boys won CAF awards. It was at a time always going to players plying their trade in French league because of their close proximity with France football magazine.

But the award was sactioned by CAF.

Yekini won the very first one  organised by CAF but we've had several winners before Yeking.

Maybe English FA will soon saction Nairaland one soon. grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Speedie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Dixon

Ibime:

Well, standards must be low.

The lower standard attracted genius like you to this place.

What has been your contribution?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi And Ronaldo Who Is A Better Free Kick Taker / The Drawing Of Kanu Nwankwo (papilo) By True Hands / Blessing Okagbare Messes Up - Comes 6th In 100m Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.