Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Waiting For God - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Waiting For God (739 Views)

7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job / For God's Sake, Please Help Me.... Am Fed Up Of Insults / First Bank- Insoursing HND Applicants Waiting For A Call For Trainning! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting For God by dutchmillionaire(m): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2008
Waiting for God's direction and blessing can be a great test of our faith, but waiting on God for our rescue can be an even greater challenge.

There are three great storms detailed in the New Testament. The first occurred when Jesus was crossing the Sea of Galilee with His disciples. Jesus was asleep when the storm began, and the disciples became afraid and woke Him: "Lord save us! We're going to drown!" (Matthew 8:25). Jesus rebuked the disciples for their fear and proceeded to calm the storm; "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" (Matthew 8:26).

The second storm occurred immediately after the miraculous feeding of over five thousand people. This time, Jesus sent the disciples across the sea by themselves. When the storm rose up, Jesus went out to meet them, walking on the water. As Jesus again calmed the storm, He spoke the same message against fear; "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid" (Matthew 14:27).
The last storm occurred about thirty years after Jesus was crucified. Paul had proclaimed the gospel through much of the Roman empire and was being transported by boat to stand trial in Rome. A storm arose which blew the ship terribly off course. The ship was battered and tossed for several days; "We finally gave up all hope of being saved" (Acts 27:20).

It must have been difficult to trust God's timing as the storm continued through the many long days and sleepless nights. But as hope was fading away, God sent an angel to Paul with a familiar message.

"Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me and said, 'Do not be afraid.'" (Acts 27:23-24)

There may be times when our ability to trust is severely tested. But our faith in God - in His ability to hold us secure - must be independent of the force of the wind. Though the winds may blow, we remain in His hands and must not fear; "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, but even if He does not, " (Daniel 3:17-18).

Most storms last longer than we prefer. But our Heavenly Father is leading us to the place where we can have peace, contentment, and even joy, whether the sun is shining or the storm is raging. He is calling us to be free of fear; calling us to trust Him more and experience His calm within the storm.

Have a Christ Centered Day!
Re: Waiting For God by ogeeh(f): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2008
thanks for the message,you re God sent.keep posting messages like this.You never know who its its trying to encourage
Re: Waiting For God by okoroigwe: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2008
Brother,
YOUR POST IS ENCOURAGING.PLS KEEP POSTING SUCH,COS U NEVER KNOW WHOSE FAITH NEEDS TO BE UPLIFTED.
ALWAYS STAY UP AND STAY SAFE.
Re: Waiting For God by omoanho(f): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2008
Dutchmillionaire thank you very much for this post. I was actually moved by it.
Re: Waiting For God by AngleJ: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2008
Thanks alot my brother, may our Good Lord continue to bless your life as you encourage people every day by day with Gods Word.
Am really bless by your message and lifted to another level with it, indeed an grateful to God for your life. God bless you and continue to do. You are bless.
Thanks.
Re: Waiting For God by trillions: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2008
Wonder write -up. Thanks and God Bless u.
Re: Waiting For God by tunaps(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2008
Omo u too much, may God bless us all.
Re: Waiting For God by IVY4U(f): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2008
My dear, you are God sent. Do you know that am facing challenges presently and fear was almost making me loose hope in God and give up. But thank God for people like you. your blessings from God shall never be cut short. You will 4ever find favour with God and man. My pastor also told me the same thing. Thanks a '000,000.
Re: Waiting For God by acemichael: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2008
That was very inspirational, thanks for the post,
Re: Waiting For God by Mudiare: 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2008
Dutchmillionaire you are really one in a million!!! Your message came at the right time. God bless you very much and keep up the good work.

(1) (Reply)

Does First Bank Retains Corpers / Nb Plc Further Screening / Oceanic Bank Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.