Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

What U Want In A Good Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What U Want In A Good Song (499 Views)

Mention A Good Song & The Artist That You Think People May Not Be Familiar With / 7 Steps On How You Can Make A Good Song!!! Please Read! / Nigerian Musician, Good Song But For An Ogbanje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What U Want In A Good Song by witeafrica(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hey guy...was in a chat wiv a fried and the question came up...what do u want in a good song..we listen to Ghana music we don't understand a word or sakodie's rap...we still dance that means it transcends just the words...what's this mystery..share ut tots...let's hear what u fink good music shoulld sound like..feel free post links..and alll...ciao
Re: What U Want In A Good Song by mindtricks: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
witeafrica: Hey guy...was in a chat wiv a fried and the question came up...what do u want in a good song..we listen to Ghana music we don't understand a word or sakodie's rap...we still dance that means it transcends just the words...what's this mystery..share ut tots...let's hear what u fink good music shoulld sound like..feel free post links..and alll...ciao
What does it for me may differ from yours. I particularly look out for nice soundtracks/beats and meaningful lyrics that can add value to my life. For eg, if a song doesnt sound nice and or the lyrics are wack like maybe just singing 'wine/shake your bumbum' it's very easy for me to delete without even knowing it. There are songs you'll hear their nice lyrics and you'll keep reflecting on them like they were talking you personally esp when you're alone.
Re: What U Want In A Good Song by witeafrica(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yes...great view there..I write well...and I enjoy good lyrics which is lacking in contemporary naija music...do u think any naija song has what it take to get a grammy nomination...?
Re: What U Want In A Good Song by mindtricks: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
witeafrica: Yes...great view there..I write well...and I enjoy good lyrics which is lacking in contemporary naija music...do u think any naija song has what it take to get a grammy nomination...?
Honestly speaking, getting grammy depends on a greater number of factors, I'm not sure its not possible. Mind you great lyrics alone is not enough. You really need a way to connect to your audience and good production which in the common Nig sense is partybanger is one such. Again what gen Nig audience likes still differs from wat I personally prefer. Hardwork and keeping your eyes open should get you there.

(1) (Reply)

Kelly Hansome - Verbal Gymnastics [open Letter Cover] / Id Cabasa Freestyle Competition - Introducing Dami Polo / Wande Coal To Perform At D'banj's DKM Concert Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.