Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

ABS Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Issue (2750 Views)

Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Issue by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
Pls o..my ABS is nt working well,only one leg in front holds break,and wen u hit d break pedal it goes down to d end bt d car would stop.my mechanic has said he is going to disconect d ABS and make the break system manual.I decided to bring it to the house befor I take it to him. Would d break still work well?ts an auto trans
Re: ABS Issue by youngchopper(m): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
Honeyhill: Pls o..my ABS is nt working well,only one leg in front holds break,and wen u hit d break pedal it goes down to d end bt d car would stop.my mechanic has said he is going to disconect d ABS and make the break system manual.I decided to bring it to the house befor I take it to him. Would d break still work well?ts an auto trans
give us details of this car
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
Honeyhill: Pls o..my ABS is nt working well,only one leg in front holds break,and wen u hit d break pedal it goes down to d end bt d car would stop.my mechanic has said he is going to disconect d ABS and make the break system manual.I decided to bring it to the house befor I take it to him. Would d break still work well?ts an auto trans

Please give details of your car.

01) Make.
02) Model.
03) Model year.
04) Engine size.

Regardless of what car you drive, if it has ABS as standard, then leave it alone. Don't be a miser, pay a decent garage to diagnose, and rectify any faults. There's no way a qualified technician will offer to remove a safety device.

Brakes an an integral aspect of your vehicle's safety. Do you truly want to put your life into the hands of a con artist, who has no business swinging a spanner near a wheelbarrow?
Re: ABS Issue by chikasin4(m): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
at siena my car suffers d same ABS problem recently, It is Toyota sienna 2000. The ABS and d tyre pressue warning light shows at d dash board. i hv reset it but it keep on showing. pls i need help too
Re: ABS Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
chikasin4: at siena my car suffers d same ABS problem recently, It is Toyota sienna 2000. The ABS and d tyre pressue warning light shows at d dash board. i hv reset it but it keep on showing. pls i need help too

you reset after knowing which sensor from the 4 wheel is faulty then change it and reset

if you reset without finding the faulty it will pop up again
Re: ABS Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2013

your brakes might need bleeding

ABS WORKS IN THIS way if brake sudden at fast speed ABS kick by braking and releasing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwwXukJaTlM for you to be able the steer left or right

2 Likes

Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
@siena,its a rover2000 model,australian design.bt I changed the engine to a honda hala engine 2.0. The pipe that is faulty is no we're to be found in calabar.is it that u want me to kip using the faulty ABS or can it be changed,wats the cost..becos of this I don't exceed gear 2..i try to avoid any problem.the ABS light is constant on d dashboard.
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Honeyhill: @siena,its a rover2000 model,australian design.bt I changed the engine to a honda hala engine 2.0. The pipe that is faulty is no we're to be found in calabar.is it that u want me to kip using the faulty ABS or can it be changed,wats the cost..becos of this I don't exceed gear 2..i try to avoid any problem.the ABS light is constant on d dashboard.

All this chopping and changing...I don't understand why you don't simply replace an engine with the CORRECT one, or replace the car.

Faulty pipe? You'll have to be more specific. Take a picture, and post it here. And how was it diagnosed as faulty?

If a part is not available in Calabar, does your search automatically end there? What about the 30-odd states in Nigeria, and their respective capital cities?
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
D engine is not a problem at all..its serving well,over 2yrs nw......I would take a pic of. It and post 2mao.then maybe u help me check for it in your location if its available der.d pipe is actually 12,while d oda is 10 and 11.its d 12 nd 11 dat is faulty.
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 21, 2013
Honeyhill: D engine is not a problem at all..its serving well,over 2yrs nw

The Rover ECU is linked to the ABS control module. So the conversion could well be part of your ABS woes.

Have you had the ABS system scanned for fault codes?
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 21, 2013
Not yet boss. What do u sugest I do nw....any quick remedy?
Re: ABS Issue by 9icetoo(m): 8:31am On Apr 22, 2013
Honeyhill, scan the car first and post the result of the scan, then siena might be able to take it up from there. smiley
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 24, 2013
Olright
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
@lexus. D freelander is intact,all d cars in my house are ROVER products
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
Honeyhill: @lexus. D freelander is intact,all d cars in my house are ROVER products

Sounds like one hell of a swap. Any chance of a couple of pictures? I'd really love to see what the engine bay of a Landrover Freelander looks like, with a Toyota Camry engine sitting there. smiley
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2013
@seinna,,*actually its a carina engine,I had posted d pics here be4 sha.....I tried posting d ABS stuff u asked me to,but d pics are still too large even after reducing it.
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
Honeyhill: @seinna,,*actually its a carina engine,I had posted d pics here be4 sha.....I tried posting d ABS stuff u asked me to,but d pics are still too large even after reducing it.

Could you post a link to that thread with your Freelander pictures, please? I must have missed them.
Re: ABS Issue by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2013
Re: ABS Issue by plendil: 10:33pm On May 02, 2013
I've driven cars without the ABS and those with. My observation is that those with ABS seem to have longer breaker distance.

I can understand the need to prevent the wheels from locking while driving on a wet road, but if the road is dry, where sudden braking would be needed to avert an impending collision, the ABS, unlike the conventional brakes, may not live up to expectation.
Re: ABS Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:20pm On May 02, 2013
plendil: I've driven cars without the ABS and those with. My observation is that those with ABS seem to have longer breaker distance.

I can understand the need to prevent the wheels from locking while driving on a wet road, but if the road is dry, where sudden braking would be needed to avert an impending collision, the ABS, unlike the conventional brakes, may not live up to expectation.

its not about braking distance but being able to left or right aka to steer

with ABS the car would lock in one direction whereas ABS gives room to steer in any direction since the wheels wont be locked and the ABS locks and brakes so many times within a second that allows the car not lock in one direction which in most of the straight ahead motion

(1) (Reply)

Signs Of A Failing A/c Compressor / Who Drives An Innoson Vehicle? Tell Us Your Experience In This Thread / Toyota Sienna Displays Fault Code P0798, P0986 And P2770

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.