Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner (7884 Views)

My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 / What Causes Trac Off Light To Come On? / My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by ladel(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
I need experience contribution.
I own a 2004 model Toyota 4runner. The vsc track and vsc off LED has been on my dash board for over a year. It didn't bother me as it didn't affect d smooth operation of the vehicle. However, I recently had my check engine light, abs and brake light LEDs on. I took the car to mandilas but the quoted replacement cost for a new abs made me to seek alternative solution elsewhere.
At Ladipo, I was introduced to an 'abs expert' who replaced my abs pump with another toks and everything went well for about four months except that the vsc track/off still remain on my dash board.
Just yesterday, I noticed that upon depressing my brake pedal, there is a release of air/breeze and you could hear it as when the vulcanizer is pumping your tyres. Just this morning, the abs and brake LEDs came on making the brake pedal very stiff to press. I put a raking call to my abs expert who advised that I changed the entire abs unit just as adviced by mandilas. While I am at a cross BTW mandilas almost 400k replacement cost and my expert 65k Toks option, I will need expert opinion and experienced users contribution on the best and lasting solution.
How do I rid my dash board of these vsc track and vsc off lights?
Many thanks
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by mayor2013: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
First thing you need to do is run a comprehensive scan that would determine the cause of the check light, vsc trac off. The scan would reveal what exactly is wrong instead of the trial by error method. This person thay would run the scan for you would give you a better understanding of the scan result and what needs to be done. If you need that service call 08165520837 or 08156087872, bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by ladel(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
mayor2013: First thing you need to do is run a comprehensive scan that would determine the cause of the check light, vsc trac off. The scan would reveal what exactly is wrong instead of the trial by error method. This person thay would run the scan for you would give you a better understanding of the scan result and what needs to be done. If you need that service call 08165520837 or 08156087872, bb pin is 7BE1C522

I actually have scanned it before. I got a code p0455 - evaporative emission system leak detected ( gross leak/no flow)
I guess I never considered it because i felt it has nothing to do with the abs/brake issue
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 27, 2014
ladel:

I actually have scanned it before. I got a code p0455 - evaporative emission system leak detected ( gross leak/no flow)
I guess I never considered it because i felt it has nothing to do with the abs/brake issue
When there's any issue with Toyota engine which trigers the Check engine light to come on, the system disables VSC/Trac off and causes their lights to come on. However, I'd advice you to scan the car with an OBD which reads live data input. So as to know precise steps to troubleshoot and repair the fault. Once you do this repair (assuming there's no actual damage to your ABS and traction. System) and erase the error codes, viola! Your ABS/Trac off lights will go off.
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by mayor2013: 7:13am On Aug 27, 2014
You ran a scan that was not capable of checking your Abs system. Other wise you could have gotten fault codes from your Abs. Explaning the vsc trac off might take a whole lot of time. You need to run a scan on the entire module inclusive with your Abs
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by earthrealm(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
replace the gas cap.
the 4runner abs system is complex and expensive..new units get as high as $1200, and you need a good bleeding afterwards
how did you resolve the issue?
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by DECOtech(m): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
ladel:

What kind of scanner did you use in scanning your car? I doubt it was a professional scantool. Else your car troubles would have been identified and fixed.

Though I think the problem is not from your ABS unit but your brake booster assembly.
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
ladel:
I need experience contribution.
I own a 2004 model Toyota 4runner. The vsc track and vsc off LED has been on my dash board for over a year. It didn't bother me as it didn't affect d smooth operation of the vehicle. However, I recently had my check engine light, abs and brake light LEDs on. I took the car to mandilas but the quoted replacement cost for a new abs made me to seek alternative solution elsewhere.
At Ladipo, I was introduced to an 'abs expert' who replaced my abs pump with another toks and everything went well for about four months except that the vsc track/off still remain on my dash board.
Just yesterday, I noticed that upon depressing my brake pedal, there is a release of air/breeze and you could hear it as when the vulcanizer is pumping your tyres. Just this morning, the abs and brake LEDs came on making the brake pedal very stiff to press. I put a raking call to my abs expert who advised that I changed the entire abs unit just as adviced by mandilas. While I am at a cross BTW mandilas almost 400k replacement cost and my expert 65k Toks option, I will need expert opinion and experienced users contribution on the best and lasting solution.
How do I rid my dash board of these vsc track and vsc off lights?
Many thanks

poor you ABS needs scanning you dont change anything before scanning

when ABS shows it meaning something wrong with either the 4 sensors, each from a wheel if one is faulty you get such sign

so changing the pump without checking which part is sending the wrong signal is solving the problem blindly

the vsc is also linked to the abs system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZDURAe3Ncw

get the car scanned 1st
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
Good luck to you OP.

This is why my choice of weapon is going to be a LR Defender 110, no stupid and unnecessary electrical stuff (at least that can't be disabled).
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by Micky35: 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Am having same issue with my 2006 toyota 4runner, the brake is not working at all, mechanics advice i convert to manual brake system, that replacing the ABS unit will not last more than 3months considering the cost, am just confused i need expert advice.
Re: VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner by mayor2013: 2:51am On Nov 27, 2017
Micky35:
Am having same issue with my 2006 toyota 4runner, the brake is not working at all, mechanics advice i convert to manual brake system, that replacing the ABS unit will not last more than 3months considering the cost, am just confused i need expert advice.

Is your Abs light on.

(1) (Reply)

2010 Corolla Gear Problems / Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.