Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva (1974 Views)

Desmond Elliot, Dbanj,adeosun And Joke Silva Pictured Together / Photo Of Joke Silva And Her Look Alike 'daughter' / Olu Jacobs And Joke Silva Cover New Issue Of Hello! Nigeria Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
The screen goddess said this in an interview with Nollywood Insider when she was asked about the rate of divorce in Nollywood.

She said:

“Is the rate of divorce in Nollywood worse than in other industries? Have you taken a census of what is happening with lawyers, doctors and nurses? You don’t know. Everyone just blames the movie industry because we are the ones in the limelight.

Long surviving marriage is not exceptional in this industry. The thing is that, we are the ones that people know. Sony Irabor and Betty; John Momoh and Shola; and Bayo Oduneye have been married much longer. What of the late Justus and his wife? We have marriages that have stood the test of time just like you will find in other professions.

For me, since you love the person you get married to, both of you should work at it together. See it as your main responsibility once you get married.

Even before you get married, you should ask yourself, am I capable of making this person my total responsibility? That, am I willing to dedicate my time to making this person happy? It is a two way thing; it is not only the woman that is supposed to make the man happy, it is also for the man to make the woman happy. It is the two of you together and when you do that, it will work out well.

But if not, I don`t support emotional hardship just because you want to marry. God forbid bad thing! If it is not working, get out fast. If you don’t know where you are going, you should know where you are coming from.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/04/if-your-marriage-is-not-working-get-out.html
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
mtchwww. BAD INFLUENCE!

1 Like

Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by friedrice1: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
sometimes i wonder why this woman is celebrated in Nigeria,
i Googled her achievements so far and found nothing.

1 Like

Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by vickynne(f): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
na advice u give dem,u urself u don commot 4 ur own "NO"na becus u no hw u dey live wit ur hussy na em make u never live ur marriage,give dos ur nollywood actress dem advise make dem learn, no bi to tell dem IF IT IS NT WORKING GET OUT FAST.FOOLISH ADVICE.
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Oshiite: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
Am sure it wasnt all rosy for u,why didnt u get out,if u can stand the face of that ugly man u are married without getting out,then couples can stand anything,it seems like the older u grow,the stup.....u become,is this why so many people call u their role model?
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
she is just a foolish woman with little or no virtue at all. jus last month she went to the press to say- I DONT DO DISHES OR CLEAN THE HOUSE AS FOR COOKING, I ONLY COOK WHEN I LIKE- can you imagine the kind of example she is leavung for the young wives who look up to her as a role model. foolish woman

IMAGINE THE KIND OF OUTFIT SHE IS FORCING HERSELF INTO. cry cry cry

Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
vickynne: na advice u give dem,u urself u don commot 4 ur own "NO"na becus u no hw u dey live wit ur hussy na em make u never live ur marriage,give dos ur nollywood actress dem advise make dem learn, no bi to tell dem IF IT IS NT WORKING GET OUT FAST.FOOLISH ADVICE.
nawa for some nairalanders sha.too quick to judge and too slow to reason.she used a conditional clause IF.she didn't say you should just quit your marriage.moreover she said 'if you dont know where you are going,you should know where you are comming from,that is to those who are in a marriage that is not working,to those who have tried and yet no changes,gosh! Develop your intellectual capacities and stop ranting like an illiterate
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
willienaji: she is just a foolish woman with little or no virtue at all. jus last month she went to the press to say- I DONT DO DISHES OR CLEAN THE HOUSE AS FOR COOKING, I ONLY COOK WHEN I LIKE- can you imagine the kind of example she is leavung for the young wives who look up to her as a role model. foolish woman

IMAGINE THE KIND OF OUTFIT SHE IS FORCING HERSELF INTO. cry cry cry
like her husband is complaining? Or rather he is complaining to you that he is not ok with the arrangement.smh.you better think out of the box,not everyman is a traditionalist like you
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: like her husband is complaining? Or rather he is complaining to you.smh

which one r u? Joke Silva or joke silva's advocate. any one u r at all, jus advice yourself or advice her on how to go public next time, there are people lookin up to her. And yes- olu jacob is complaining. olodo
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
willienaji:

which one r u? Joke Silva or joke silva's advocate. any one u r at all, jus advice yourself or advice her on how to go public next time, there are people lookin up to her. And yes- olu jacob is complaining. olodo
complaining to who?
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
why is dis woman preachin divorce??
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: complaining to who?

complainin to all the actresses he is harrassing for sex
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Oshiite: Am sure it wasnt all rosy for u,why didnt u get out,if u can stand the face of that ugly man u are married without getting out,then couples can stand anything,it seems like the older u grow,the stup.....u become,is this why so many people call u their role model?
the last time i checked,beauty still remains in the eye of the beholder.her husband is ugly to you,but to her,he is her knight in shinning armour.deal with it or commit suicide
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
willienaji: mtchwww. BAD INFLUENCE!
strictly your personal opinion
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by CharlesShaw(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
This's a woman iRespect her intellect somuch.
iDdnt expect her to use the 'GET OUT' word.
A lot of half-witted Nigerian female folks who look up to her as a Goddess might miscontrue her opinion nd quote her in a context.
She should hav used a mild word,
NOT wat she's spewing up there
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
Osahon7: why is dis woman preachin divorce??

because she is foolish and a bleeping idiot
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
willienaji:

complainin to all the actresses he is harrassing for sex
lmao cheesy cheesy rumour mongers,you never give up cheesy always making up ridiculous and hilarious stories to sell your papers.good job though.keep mongering the rumours
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: strictly your personal opinion

my personal opinion? lolz. pls check the thread and read what people are saying, devil's advocate
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Osahon7: why is dis woman preachin divorce??
because she wants a generation of women with self worth,self respect and self pride.not a woman clinging to a dead marriage despite all the assaults she experiences in it just to remain mrs somebody and thank God we are getting there
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: because she wants a generation of women with self worth,self respect and self pride.not a woman clinging to a dead marriage despite all the assaults she experiences in it just to remain mrs somebody and thank God we are getting there
women of self worth indeed. pls dont let us spill the bin here, cos we are privy to alot of details about her marriage and yet she stayed. she is jus being hypocritical with her advice. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
willienaji:

my personal opinion? lolz. pls check the thread and read what people are saying, devil's advocate
even if you call me mohammed's advocate,like i give a flying fvck.as if i dont know nairaland,where every illiterate,semi illiterate,exposed and unexposed is free to come here and speww all sorts of craps that they cant even say in front of the subject in question cheesy hahahaha folly is bliss,aint it
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
willienaji:
women of self worth indeed. pls dont let us spill the bin here, cos we are privy to alot of details about her marriage and yet she stayed. she is jus being hypocritical with her advice. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
please spill it o,i presume you must be the pastor that wedded them,their lawyer or their marriage counsellor for you to be saying that authoritatively
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: even if you call me mohammed's advocate,like i give a flying fvck.as if i dont know nairaland,where every illiterate,semi illiterate,exposed and unexposed is free to come here and speww all sorts of craps that they cant even say in front of the subject in question cheesy hahahaha folly is bliss,aint it

Well am glad you are here too and part of the ILLITRATE,SEMI-ILLITRATE,EXPOSED AND UNEXPOSED, by the way the word is INEXPOSED- tell your aunty joke to buy u a dictionary
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by willienaji: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: please spill it o,i presume you must be the pastor that wedded them,their lawyer or their marriage counsellor for you to be saying that authoritatively

ok. since you are keen on dis, pls sir, tell nairalanders- HOW MANY TIMES HAS SHE PACKED OUT AND RETURNED TO OLU JACOBS' HOUSE? Be truthful... listen, nairaland is a forum for human beings and not ghosts, so dont think we here are not part of the society... nufsaid!!
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by LesbianBoy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
fried-rice:
sometimes i wonder why this woman is celebrated in Nigeria,
i Googled her achievements so far and found nothing.
I wonder o! Its so sad the kind of people our girls love and choose as their role model this days. If its not joke sylvia they choose as role model its genevieve nnaji or kim kardashian SMH
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Oshiite: 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
kulyie: the last time i checked,beauty still remains in the eye of the beholder.her husband is ugly to you,but to her,he is her knight in shinning armour.deal with it or commit suicide
u are already dead l suppose,if i am to stay alive and think like a donkey like u,then i could use that suicide u suggest, fool at 100
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2013
willienaji:

Well am glad you are here too and part of the ILLITRATE,SEMI-ILLITRATE,EXPOSED AND UNEXPOSED, by the way the word is INEXPOSED- tell your aunty joke to buy u a dictionary, olodo
inexposed ko,anti exposed ni.mshewww. Why didn't you even say in intelligent sef.smh.you better go and update your diction.i don't have time to be arguing with unintelligent peeps.
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 22, 2013
Oshiite: u are already dead l suppose,if i am to stay alive and think like a donkey like u,then i could use that suicide u suggest, fool at 100
oponu it is said that when a person lacks substance,the only thing he resorts to is personality attacks,mshewww
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 22, 2013
LesbianBoy:
I wonder o! Its so sad the kind of people our girls love and choose as their role model this days. If its not joke sylvia they choose as role model its genevieve nnaji or kim kardashian SMH
the same way you men choose jay.z,tupac,lil wayne,eminem,5o cent and some other drug addicted,vulgar rappers.so tell me wha they have to offer you guys.teach you profanity i suppose.msheww
Re: If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 22, 2013
willienaji:

ok. since you are keen on dis, pls sir, tell nairalanders- HOW MANY TIMES HAS SHE PACKED OUT AND RETURNED TO OLU JACOBS' HOUSE? Be truthful... listen, nairaland is a forum for human beings and not ghosts, so dont think we here are not part of the society... nufsaid!!
ehen so when she was packing out you were part of the people that helped her pack her bags abi or you were part of the people that pleaded on olu's behalf to let her in.another rumour monger cheesy blabbing as if he lives with them and is always with them 24 hours that he knows what transpires between them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actor Emeka Ossai Buys N6M 2013 Honda Cross Tour For Wife-photos / Miss New York, Nina Davuluri Crowned 2014 Miss America [PHOTOS] / Jim Iyke Set To Wed Nadia Buari This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.