Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,620 members, 7,827,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Do You Like Garlic Scent? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Like Garlic Scent? (3701 Views)

Medicinal Benefits Of Scent Leaves(ocimum Gratissimum) / My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / Pictures Of Food You Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Like Garlic Scent? by ztyle(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
Do you like Garlic scent? YES Or NO and plz give reasons!
As for me my answer is Simply NO? i hate itundecided

Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2008
non et non .
merci
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by zukkie4eva(f): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2008
No. It reminds me on the Indians. . .
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:50am On Apr 13, 2008
zukkie4eva:

No. It reminds me on the Indians. . .

LOL, grin

Don't like "garlic breath" at all.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by aloib(f): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2008
i love me some garlic mehn!!! cant cook without it yum yum yum
thing is brush after each meal, no more scent smiley
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Mustay(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2008
I like the scent whenever am d one chewing it.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Zeiya(f): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2008
No i dont like garlic raw scent, but i love the taste an flavour it gives tofood
it is also very nutritional and medicinal
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by cashoggy(f): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2008
aloib:

i love me some garlic mehn!!! can't cook without it yum yum yum
thing is brush after each meal, no more scent smiley

Truly garlic is very medicinal and adds nice flavour to food. It's much more benefitial to health when eaten raw. However, the smell is awful and there's absolutely NOTHING anyone can do about this. Brush for 1 hour 10 times after eating raw garlic and your mouth will still smell. Not only that, your breath, your sweat and even your urine will smell of garlic. If it's only your meal that was cooked with garlic, and moderately, you need not fear the smell.

Those who have health challenges which garlic can control (such as high blood pressure) don't really care about the bad smell, they carry it about in their bags and pockets and eat it without giving a damn. I really don't think anyone would honestly say he/she likes the smell.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2008
I love garlic in meat when cooking stew but my hubby can't stand it so I don't use it anymore cry
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Cadet(f): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2008
nwando:

I love garlic in meat when cooking stew
moi too! But I dislike it on a person's breath! shocked
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Ladytemi(f): 4:01am On Apr 15, 2008
I absolutely love garlic, and cook with it every chance I get. Garlic health benefits and medicinal properties have long been known (1). Garlic has long been considered a herbal "wonder drug", with a reputation in folklore for preventing everything from the common cold and flu to the Plague! It has been used extensively in herbal medicine (phytotherapy, sometimes spelt phitotherapy). Raw garlic is used by some to treat the symptoms of acne and there is some evidence that it can assist in managing high cholesterol levels. It can even be effective as a natural mosquito repellent.
In general, a stronger tasting clove of garlic has more sulphur content and hence more medicinal value. Some people have suggested that organically grown garlic tends towards a higher sulphur level and hence greater benefit to health. In my experience it certainly tastes better and I buy organic whenever possible.

Some people prefer to take garlic supplements. These pills and capsules have the advantage of avoiding garlic breath.

Modern science has shown that garlic is a powerful antibiotic, albeit broad-spectrum rather than targeted. The body does not appear to build up resistance to the garlic, so its positive health benefits continue over time.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Uby40(m): 11:23am On Apr 16, 2008
you wont believe how much i hate the scent of Garlic and onions, i cud recall when i was in Nairobi in 2006 may, there was a certain area of over 1mile, with the scent of garlic, i got to knw that they had a garlic farm somewhere around, and our hotel room was close by, taht stopped me from really enjoying the evenings i'd dream of, i returned to Nigeria, unfulfilled of my trip, in short, no mata how much health advange it has, i still dislike it.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by clemcykul(f): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2008
love it in meals hate it in breath
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2008
Yuckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by WAVixen: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2008
I use garlic to cook, and three days in a month I chew them raw.
This might not be proper for this thread, but, it's an old wives tale that after your periods.For a few days raw garlic is inserted into the vagina to cleanse and act as an anti biotic.One is inserted into the vagina in the morning and taken out at night.A new one is inserted at night and removed the next day.
smiley
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by dominique(f): 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2008
OH MA LORD shocked shocked shocked

EVER TRIED IT BEFORE

@ topic
i like the scent only if its faint. try it in pasta, you'll really like it.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by mohawkchic(f): 8:38pm On May 03, 2008
~Yup i Loove Garlic Scent especially on food!!

~I love the taste of garlic,i like that it gives my food a tatse of its own,i espeacially loOove
~Garlic Bread
~garlic on Mashed Potatoes
~garlic on Chicken,Fish N Meat,

~I even like the the smell on my breath tongue much as i like Garlic though,i have never eaten it raw,you know like the way some peeps chew on  it Raw ?grin

~Oooh BTW ztyle you didnt give a reason why you don't like Garlic!!
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by motunrayo4(f): 8:39pm On May 03, 2008
I love galic but I dont like it when the scent is too strong, it gives me a light headache.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Cadet(f): 9:09pm On May 03, 2008
@motunrayo
I must say, I love your ID. grin cheesy Nice name. so when are you paying for stealing my name? angry
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by motunrayo4(f): 3:39am On May 04, 2008
Cadet:

@motunrayo
I must say, I love your ID. grin cheesy Nice name. so when are you paying for stealing my name? angry
Thanks do you really cheesy, is motunrayo your name too?
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Cadet(f): 3:42am On May 04, 2008
motun_rayo:

Thanks do you really cheesy, is motunrayo your name too?
you probably dnt remember morenike09, she told you her name was motunrayo, yep tongue
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by motunrayo4(f): 3:53am On May 04, 2008
oh yeah, is that you?
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by elizabetta(f): 12:24pm On May 08, 2008
i love garlic alot,the scent is unique
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Spermdrops(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2008
Better than Ogiri Isi or Dawadawa for sure!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by mohawkchic(f): 4:42pm On May 08, 2008
Spermdrops:

Better than Ogiri Isi or Dawadawa for sure!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

~LOL,i had no  idea peeps use Ogiri in Niaga too grin,dam that thing stinks to high heavens,baffles me why people cook it,or much more its purpose !! what flavour does it gives to the food!?!!

~I don't know what Isi or Dawadawa are  thu
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Spermdrops(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2008
mohawkchic:

~LOL,i had no  idea peeps use Ogiri in Niaga too grin,dam that thing stinks to high heavens,[/b]baffles me why people cook it,or much more its purpose !! what flavour does it gives to the food!?!!

[b]~I don't know what Isi or Dawadawa are  thu

Ogiri Isi, Ogiri Okpi (Igbo version) and Dawadawa (Yoruba version) are all the same things.  Same Ogiri family.

That thing smells like a rotten dead arse! cheesy They give good flavor though, just don't eat with your hands and brush your mouth like 20 times for one week before you say "ha" to anyone around you.

Very good flavor I say. But I never leave the house after eating anything with it inside. Garlic is a piece of cake. grin
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by joyceereal(f): 10:17am On May 09, 2008
I don't like Garlic scent. It irritates me.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by joyceereal(f): 10:21am On May 09, 2008
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by mohawkchic(f): 1:15pm On May 09, 2008
~LOL Spermdrops  cheesy I  don't think i want to try it then regardless of how good/sweet the flavour it gives!! u go kill me wit laff sef @ >>> smells like a dead arse shocked shocked how do you know what that smells like ? grin

~There's this proverb we say in Sa. Lon

~OGIRI DE LAF KENDA Fכ SMεL. ~

~meaning Ogiri laughs at kenda on account of its smell. Kenda and ogiri, when uncooked, are both rank-smelling seasonings. "The pot calling the kettle black." almost grin

~Do Y'll Have/eat Kenda TOO?
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Leilah(f): 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2008
yeah that ogiri thing, i actually was very worried that it came from a dead corpse.
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by mohawkchic(f): 2:24am On Jun 14, 2008
Leilah:

yeah that ogiri thing, i actually was very worried that it came from a dead corpse.

~LMAO Leilah cheesy Dead Corpse Indeed!! have you cooked it before?
Re: Do You Like Garlic Scent? by Nwaka77: 5:36am On Jun 16, 2008
Leilah:

Wow! shocked What a weird thing to say. Where in the world do people in corpses? Do you eat corpses in your country? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Cook Delicious Bitter Leaf And Water Soup / Palm Oil And Palm Kernel Oil / Top 6 Beer Brands In Nigeria - Topeverything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.