Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. (622 Views)

Balcony Rails, Stair Rails & Fencing Rails (wrought Iron) For Sale In Lagos / Stubborn Tenants Refuse To Leave And Don't Pay Rent! / How To Purchase Land Or Property From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by jmcwilliam: 12:32am On Apr 21, 2013
I have a property in Lagos with 5 bed rooms. 2 of the bed rooms have access to a balcony in front of the house. My agent rented out the first room to a guy and the other room to a woman. Unknown to me or the agent the woman blocked off the other tenant from accessing the balcony claiming we rented out the balcony also to her. She converted the entire balcony into her personal storage room and also now cooks in the balcony even though there is a kitchen in the flat for the tenants to use. Unfortunately the guy tenant never complained about the issue until we got a new tenant to the room after he moved out. This woman is still trying to keep the new tenant out from using the balcony. I told her to open up the balcony but she refused. She also has some of her belongings carelessly lying around the car park and other parts of the premises. I am planning on seeing how I can go about legally getting the police to come and cart away all this things she has lying around my premises and my balcony away.

At the time she rented the property the agent gave her a receipt but she has misplaced the receipt so their is no proof that she even paid for the room talk less of a balcony.

I will appreciate your advice on dealing with this situation.
Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by aadetoyin(f): 9:36am On Apr 21, 2013
Its beta to seek advice from a property lawyer. Plus u should have a lawyer that handles matters concerning ur property.

All she might need is a scare to eject her from the house. ℓ☺ℓ. Sha talk to a lawyer
Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by jmcwilliam: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
Thanks I am actually planning on speaking to a lawyer tomorrow, I just wanted to be a little bit more knowledgeable about the situation before talking to a lawyer.
Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by gabbytabby: 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Oga you get time oh. I had a tenant who kept some of her rubbish by the flat that was being finished off and meant to be my private flat when completed. I told her to get it off and after 3 days got some guys to pack it in front of her flat and she got the message and found storage in her flat cos the next stage would have been straight off to the front of the house if she did nothing within another week.In my case she had broken into the flat and used it as storage such that I really was not feeling her. Our people and taking liberties you need to deal with it sharp sharp.

Give her a week's notice to get her stuff out of the balcony and after that get it cleared out. There are somethings you need lawyer for but clearing out the balcony or the compound is not one of them.
Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by i1: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Give her a Notice of Breach or Trepass! Telling her she has a week to correct the error! After the week expires open the door through the other side aπϑ throw aℓℓ the rubbish out but her cooking things send †☺ the kitchen! She will complain but there is nothing She can do! Issue. Her Notices †☺ Quit thereafter
Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by jmcwilliam: 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
Thank you all so much. I was planning on having a lawyer write her this week and then give her 2 weeks of notice because she has a lot of crap. I guess I will cut it down to one week.
I am trying to upload some of the pictures of her crap.

Thanks again

Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by gabbytabby: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2013
Your balcony na her shop oh grin grin grin
Re: I Need Help Removing Tenants Property From A Balcony She Is Illegally Occupying. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Why the need a lawyer for this if you have a good agent to manage your property and it seems u don't have a written agreement with the tenant too.

A Bbm Group For Property Agent On The Island,lekki,ajah And Its Environ.join NOW / Serviced Plot Available In Eden Gardens Abraham Adesanya, Ajah (16million) / Land for sale with genuine documents