Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, (12117 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Pictured With Her Mother-in-law And Baby / Comedian Seyi Law And His Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary / Seyi Law And Wife Ebere Loses Baby To Death!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by mukina2: 10:36am On Apr 21, 2013
British Nigerian star of Law and Order UK, Tayo Elesin storms Bayelsa for AMAA 2013.

Tayo Elesin, the British Nigerian super star who has starred in widely acclaimed television soaps such as Law and Order UK, Holby City [BBC], Doctors [BBC] and many others will be in Nigeria for the critically acclaimed Africa Movie Academy Awards(AMAA) holding in Bayelsa this weekend alongside another renowned British actress, Angela Dixon (Dead End with Wil Johnson; Daementia). Tayo who lives between London, UK and New York depending on where she has work studied law and has staggering LLB, LLM, MSC to her name as well as an acting career! She is one of the very few black young people making strong incursion into Hollywood and European TV and film scenes.

Her other works include: Casualty [BBC], Acting Raw [USA/Germany], Alison Jackson

Studios [BBC], Kodaline music video 'All my friends' for [SONYMusic/Worldwide] and Film including MOREMI where she plays the heroine Moremi in the African myth for [Spectrecom Studios], Like Mother UnlikeDaughter [Victoria Eleumenor], Cultureshox [UK Online], Horror film: The Maze Red, Blue,Yellow or Dead [Worldwide Cinema, shotting commences June 2013], Amazing Grace (BAFTA/Rocliffe live performance), The Journey of Alfred Small [UK Independent film by Michael Archer from the Oscar winning film 'The Kings Speech' which is set to be released later this year]. 25, beautiful, charming and with a high level of charisma, Tayo has done several stage plays as well, She has also done various voice over work for the UK and US. She has worked in Musicals in London's West End and off-West End shows like Godspell, Pippin.

She is particularly proud of A Cry of Innocence as this was a huge production at the Greenwich Theatre with the finest Opera singers in the world and the story line of it was loosely based on Stephen Lawrence's racial injustice case in London. Her theatre credits are vast and she has played at man ymajor theatres in the UK, more recently, Millers Tale (Edinburgh Fringe), Whereare we now? (Albany Theatre), UK tour of Husband Has Gone Mad Again (GeorgewoodTheatre/Flash Musicals Theatre) by Ola Rotimi playing the feisty but charming Sikira and many more.She’s coming to AMAA as one of the few Nigerians of the diaspora doing us proud abroad and establishes first hand relationships with filmmakers at home.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1072511_Miss_Elesin_jpg0bceff2a2663dd2ef740a5f91ea3b493

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1072512_Miss_Tayo_Elesin_jpg2c6b9742a4cd70cbb52a32ff1dc8e8c4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1072524_tayo_jpgec0b331aa4281df3cab382c26f94f20e

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1072525_TAYO-10_jpg591491d1fd4fe277ba72ddf56130d97c[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1072526_TAYO-25_jpg968daeed6e1fc5622638dce94c53b867[/img]

Watch some of Tayo Elesin’s work on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gbE0o393O4

http://vimeo.com/64066538

4 Likes

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by clemz85(m): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2013
na there...
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2013
one word, wow!
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by chymystique(f): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
I dunno her sha.. Knw one Guy too dts a Naija buh is an hollywood actor. His Name is Chikere Somethin Somethin.... Well Good for them tho
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Reyspin(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
Ok... We see you!!!!
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by cupid4ig(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
cool she is beautiful
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2013
shes very pretty. short hair suits hair smiley

1 Like

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2013
I still prefer Thandie Newton. She was superb in RocknRolla!
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 21, 2013
chymystique: I dunno her sha.. Knw one Guy too dts a Naija buh is an hollywood actor. His Name is Chikere Somethin Somethin.... Well Good for them tho
Chiwetel Ejiofor?

1 Like

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by linkin8k(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2013
She seems like a good actress.
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by devigblegble: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2013
Ok I don hear

1 Like

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by fitzmayowa: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2013
devigblegble: Ok I don hear
Bad belle instead make you appreciate her good work you they there they vex...www.badbelle.com

2 Likes

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by baynix(m): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2013
This News Should Have Made FrontPage Since!!

Aunti Mukinatu!!
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Na now e dey reach frontpage??
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by OmoTier1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yes! We in the diaspora represent Nigeria anytime any day! I guess many people never knew she was British-Nigerian and even amongst those who watch the sitcom in the UK. Shame how soon people figure out you are from Nigeria they often ask the question : How come there so much negativity in the country embarassed
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by churific(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
What a beautiful and naturally talented actress.

Some of our home-stationed actresses and so called "stars" should take note. They make one movie/show and they automatically become unrecognizable with the makeups, hair extensions and overreaching dress code.

1 Like

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
its a shame that I've never heard of her though sad
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Tinkybabe(f): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
Wow! ! She's good and pretty
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by ichommy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Revolva(m): 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
grin grin CLAP hands for tayo...jare not dat yeye tonto
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by YoungGame: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Revolva: grin grin CLAP hands for tayo...jare not dat yeye tonto
See this boy, you no dey fear o!!! Na the founder of nairaland you dey call yeye? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
That's awsome.

You go girl!

Law & Order is the best show ever on TV, I can watch their marathons for days.

I'm a lot upset that Detective Stabler of SUV is no longer in the new episodes (American version) cry cry cry Show has not been the same.
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
She's pretty...and she's rocking her natural hair! I love that!

She coming to AMAA, Why do I think she will soon act in a nollywood movie? Cos I've noticed some nigerian Hollywood stars acting in Nollywood movies Recently. Eg. Caroline Chikezie(I saw her in Jeta Amata's 'Inale'), Hakeem kae Kazeem (I saw him in 'Inale' and Obi Emelonye's 'Last flight to abuja'), and that guy in 'the wire'(forgotten his name), I saw him in the trailer of 'Render to caesar'. Its a good development though. I wanna see this girl on our screen soon as well smiley kiss
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by taharqa: 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
God bless this young Nigerian, doing herself and her country PROUD abroad.... Welcome
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by chymystique(f): 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
The Writer:
Chiwetel Ejiofor?

Yea he is d one I Meant.. He is Talented
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
chymystique:

Yea he is d one I Meant.. He is Talented

very talented !
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
Who else watched the trailer that was posted? It was funny because of the Nigerian accent. Kudos to her. By the way its ''British born Nigerian''. Okay?

1 Like

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by lifestyle1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Keep it up sis...

My name sake.
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by lifestyle1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
The first picture. lipsrsealed
Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by GotNoBrainsYo: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
She is a breath of fresh Air. Whether she is Yoruba or not is irrelevant
She is accomplished, educated and multi-lingual: English, French, Yourba.
Even I as an Igbo resepect her talent.
Unlike what i see here on Nairaland, where praise for someone's work is predicated on what tribe one belongs to.
e.g. as some Yorubas have tried to denigrate the work and life of Achebe
Go Tayo!

3 Likes

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
GotNoBrainsYo: She is a breath of fresh Air. Whether she is Yoruba or not is irrelevant
She is accomplished, educated and multi-lingual: English, French, Yourba.
Even I as an Igbo resepect her talent.
Unlike what i see here on Nairaland, where praise for someone's work is predicated on what tribe one belongs to.
e.g. as some Yorubas have tried to denigrate the work and life of Achebe
Go Tayo!

Yet some Yorubas praise Achebe's works too.
Why taint this thread with your tribalistic subconscious?

2 Likes

Re: Tayo Elesin: British-nigerian Star Of Law And Order UK, by GotNoBrainsYo: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yet some Yorubas praise Achebe's works too.
Why taint this thread with your tribalistic subconscious?

SHARRAP DIA!

Do you not see that I have risen above the tribalistic tendency that is common here on Naialnd to give
honor to whom honor is due?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures Of J Martins Birthday Party / August Alsina Displays His Huge Eggplant In Calvin Klein Boxer For Ad Campaign / I’m Not Your Regular Musician, I’m More Of A Project Guy — VJ Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.