Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,275 members, 7,957,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:39 PM

Nigerian Rock Artistes - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rock Artistes (5982 Views)

Who Is Your Best Nigerian Rock Musician? / Nigerian Rock Band " 1 Last Autograph" Releases New Single / Nigerian Rock/metal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rock Artistes by icezik1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2008
There is more and more awareness of ROck music in Nigeria. It is slowly gaining popularity in Nigeria with some some Nigeria artistes like Eben, Djinee, Roof Top MC's, Uchie the African Rockstar, etc doing rock songs. They should keep it up.

DO you think it's a good idea for them to continue? Will they make money in Nigeria? Or is Nigeria too anti-rock?
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by HRhotness(f): 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2008
I'm dying to know the answer to that as well

Was also wondering how many people would attend a rock concert if,,,,, lets say linkin park shows up (not trying to hijack ur thread)
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
It's a good idea! Get Nigeria to be more adventurous when it comes to music, plus, rock isn't bad at all wink
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by icezik1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 10, 2008
I think most Nigerians only know Linkin park because of Jay-Z. So for that reason they may turn up to a concert. HOwever, back to the question, do you think Nigerian Rock artistes will make it big like them 2face, P-Square, RuggedMan, Mode9, etc.

P.S:- By the way, Asa did a few rock tracks on her album
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by iice(f): 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2008
I haven't heard any rock song from Nigerian Artists.
Can someone post a link or some downloads undecided

I don't know about them making it big.
It takes more than the love of music and talent to make rock part of our music undecided
What? With threads like 'Rock music is satanic'? undecided
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2008
Right now, I'm in secondary school, and rock music has really caught lots and lots of people. Me inclusive. I'm really feeling Djinee's I no dey shame. And I think though it'll take time, Nigerian rock artits will make it.
ice_zik:

P.S:- By the way, Asa did a few rock tracks on her album

Which tracks, if I may ask?

Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by nedualterego(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
hello rockers, dere's a page currently running on facebook for fans of rock music...its called Naija school of rock. Check it out.
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by Rockstarufuoma(f): 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
(NEW)      SOUND TRACK    TITLE:

"METAL ROCK STAR "

ARTIST NAME :
UFUOMA . P.DOUGLAS

MUSIC/GENRE:  HARD/METAL ROCK.

SEX  : FEMALE

ROCK STAR ENTERTAINMENT is proud to present to you a new metal rock sound track titled "METAL ROCK STAR". Produced by Nigerian QUEEN OF METAL/HARD ROCK,Ufuoma. P. Douglas.Her passion for Metal rock has made her produce the first Nigerian METAL ROCK  SOUND TRACK officially open to radio and multimedia stations for commercial  productions on 1st October,2014.Marking another giant step for Nigerian Rock music on independence day.This screen goddess and diva is creative,original  and distinctive in her Style of HARD/ METAL ROCK promoting the pride of Nigeria and Africa.Also she has two songs titled (1) "STOP CORRUPTION "  (2) "PRICELESS " to her credit .However, "METAL ROCK STAR" sound track is solely the property of ROCK STAR ENTERTAINMENT  and it is prohibited from any form of reproduction without permission or copyright.

CAUTION !.  THIS SOUND TRACK  IS LOUD AND HIGH...YOU MAY TURN DOWN YOUR AUDIO SOUND.....ROCK MUSIC is entertainment, entertainment and entertainment!. DOWNLOAD

1). YouTube
2). picosong.com/9rym
3). picosong.com/9Tcj
4). picosong.com/9T9D
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by tpia1: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
i dont know of any Nigerian rock artists, but there's a norwegian duo of west african origin (ghana and ivory coast) whose songs are topping the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5hR26XcoE
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by 4C2215131: 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
While it's a nice musical genre (neverminding the bull associated with it as all genres have theirs), it, getting a firm foothold in Nigeria won't exactly be easy. Hell it aint easy in the west even. You see, Rock music is not regarded as "Black Culture", ditto country music, new age and the like, just like hip-hop and r'n'b is not regarded as "White Culture".

Granted, there have been forays from both divides, but it will take a while for rock music to hit it big time in black communities be it in Nigeria or the United States. That's just how it is.
Re: Nigerian Rock Artistes by mailjoelig: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
For 9ja rock fans u can join this this 9ja rock channel on BBM C0018BC2c.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Omo Lepa - Danny Young Ft Olamide [download] / Lizberg – Ebiere Fine Pass Diana / Nairaland Artiste, GONDY, Did A Song Titled CELEBRATE on DJCoublon Afro Beat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.