Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,250 members, 7,849,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:24 AM

Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million (36566 Views)

. / #cuschoolfees Trends On Twitter As Covenant University Increases Tuition Fees / Lasu Spts Increases School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by LADIbaba(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
Seyixyz: Are u also dis dumb in Eng?U can't even tell wat i wrote der..We neva go maths b dat o..Babcock indeed..U are rili back wit a c.o.c.k head

Till now, I do not understand you.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Tolexander: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
mamacy: :otheir nursing is one of the best in the country at least until I left. I actualy left cos my aunty caLls nursing“ise kogbe kogbe” I wouldn't mind doing nursing abroad thou
how did you get that?
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Seyixyz: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
LADI_baba:

Till now, I do not understand you.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
How wil u?I saw ur type in camp na..U tink u know beta..But wen a questn was thrown @ 1 of ur students,her c.o.b.w.e.b head cud'nt respond..U are jus blowin grammer 4 notin..We kw ur type na
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by LADIbaba(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
Seyixyz: How wil u?I saw ur type in camp na..U tink u know beta..But wen a questn was thrown @ 1 of ur students,her c.o.b.w.e.b head cud'nt respond..U are jus blowin grammer 4 notin..We kw ur type na

"cud'nt", i believe is spelt couldn't ....
great maulite grin grin grin grin grin

Why not try this (if you have the brains to) attain a PHD (in any Engineering course) from Oxford University (a world renowned University and my last school) first, then I know you are my junior colleague.
Irrespective of this, you aren't qualified to "I wil giv u a smallmaths "...

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Seyixyz: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
LADI_baba:

"cud'nt", i believe is spelt couldn't ....
great maulite grin grin grin grin grin

Why not try this (if you have the brains to) attain a PHD (in any Engineering course) from Oxford University (a world renowned University and my last school) first, then I know you are my junior colleague.
Irrespective of this, you aren't qualified to "I wil giv u a smallmaths "...
Oh Heavens,she goes further 2 prove hw dumb her head is again..I jus abbreviated 'could'nt' in short hand & she could'nt tell..Lemme tell u,even if u went 2 Oxford,i wil stil rubbish wat u know cos d Oxford syms not 2 b in ur head..U jus went thru it without it passin thru u..Pls,b gullible enough 2 quote me on my shorthand again..I'm used 2 it
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by dolphinife: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
OAU remains the most cheapest University in Nigeria. Throughout my 4 years in OAU, I paid less than 30,000naira. Yet, most of our lecturers are also part time lecturers in all these glorified secondary schools called Universities.
That means, the federal universities are also contributing human resources to these damn universities through exchange programmes. How can you expect me to pay over 3million just to send my ward to a university dat does not even have the chance of measuring to the standards of those federal universities

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
dolphinife: OAU remains the most cheapest University in Nigeria. Throughout my 4 years in OAU, I paid less than 30,000naira. Yet, most of our lecturers are also part time lecturers in all these glorified secondary schools called Universities.
That means, the federal universities are also contributing human resources to these damn universities through exchange programmes. How can you expect me to pay over 3million just to send my ward to a university dat does not even have the chance of measuring to the standards of those federal universities
Guy OAU is not better than babcock stop lying nigerians and lies jeez all nigerian universities are crap.
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Seyixyz: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
dolphinife: OAU remains the most cheapest University in Nigeria. Throughout my 4 years in OAU, I paid less than 30,000naira. Yet, most of our lecturers are also part time lecturers in all these glorified secondary schools called Universities.
Thank u bro..U've said it all..How can they compare dia make-shift private sch wit universities dat taught dia Grandfathers & dia so called private university lecturers in dia glorified secondary sch?Nawa o
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Acidosis(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
Firstly, you guys need to stop posting senseless links about ranking done by ghosts without basis, evidence, ranking factors, et cetera.

You can rank a university base on:

Infrastructures
Academic strength
Website grin
Convocation gown grin etc

Even those Nigerian students who never received a single lecture from a Prof for 4 years are here carrying rank for head like placards.

Who did the ranking? Where are they? When did they visit these schools?

This is exactly how some foreign bodies abroad sit back in their country while they post some random rankings for us to digest..

As regards the issue of high cost of private university education... its a matter of choice cool

I can list 10 secondary schools in Lagos who charge above 8million naira per year cool And I can also list 10 Lagos secondary schools with school fees less than N1000 per session.

It doesn't mean those paying N10million will make all subjects 'A's in waec cool and it still doesn't guarantee direct admission into higher institutions same way a private university doesn't guarantee anyone a job after school..

A Corona School student in Lagos and a student from Ojuelegba Comprehensive High school would both sit for the same waec... Same way graduates from Babcock and OSU meet in same camp and same interview cool

Its a matter of choice cool Its about your size, its about your pocket, its about your taste.
Not every parent want to expose their wards to cultism and 'hard' life. Imagine moving from your parents home where you live alone in a fully air conditioned ensuite plaster of paris furnished master bedroom to a sardine-like small delapitated hall conveying 15 students to school clinic on a weekly basis.. just because you want to bend to the too many ignoramic views on nairaland.. cool

Btw, I'll suggest American University of Nigeria, Yola - ABTI to any aspiring rich candidate.
I don't know much about Babcock.

Cheers.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by LuluSparklez(f): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
baynix: [size=40] Christianity Is Free, Buh You Need To Pay School Fee!! [/size] cheesy cheesy

Na 12K I Dey Pay For FUTA oo!!

20million o or #200 .....na federal uni sure passss.
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by LuluSparklez(f): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
baynix: [size=40] Christianity Is Free, Buh You Need To Pay School Fee!! [/size] cheesy cheesy

Na 12K I Dey Pay For FUTA oo!!
#20million o, #200...... #2 o
Na fed uni still sure pass
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by CooldudeY2J: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
Come to Uniabuja max 45k. Dem no dey beg shit make e smell wink
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Acidosis(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
Seyixyz: Thank u bro..U've said it all..How can they compare dia make-shift private sch wit universities dat taught dia Grandfathers & dia so called private university lecturers in dia glorified secondary sch?Nawa o

Lmao! Go and tell that to the foreign young professors teaching AUN, Yola students..

Most of your Lecturers would fail an interview from the panels..
Infact they can't even get a position in that school.. 80% of AUN lecturers are young white profs
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Engineer96(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
fr3do: Paid only 49.5k for the session
but getting /kw/uality education

Greatest Uniben
Great gbo gbo
Great gba gba
grin

Pay #35k at UNIZIK and get the best you can get in Nigeria.
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Seyixyz: 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Lmao! Go and tell that to the foreign young professors teaching AUN, Yola students..

Most of your Lecturers would fail an interview from the panels..
Infact they can't even get a position in that school.. 80% of AUN lecturers are young white profs
cheesy
If u hav a long term memory,u wil rememba dat i was directin my comment 2 our babcock madam here
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by imperiouxx(m): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
LADI_baba:

We both can see your pointlessness in this argument. Sometimes it best to think before talking (or blogging). That is what differentiates education from ignorance
Biochemistry at Babcock isn't up to N1m.

WTF! It seems you're mentally confused..... Sey you dey craze ni? Who is arguing with you? I didn't mention you neither did I quote anyone. I only made my own comment before you brought your silly questions and of which I gave you the right answers you wanted.

Come to the fact that they wrote "Others - N860,000 per session" Is Biochem not included? Is that not more than $4,000/yr a graduate student - MSc pays in US through stipend given by the same school?

Had I know you're such an a.sshole, I wouldn't have replied your silly questions in the first instance because I don't talk to your kind. I thought you're a mentally stable Nigerian student but not knowing you just another street a.sshole who sees BBM to access internet and quick to insult people on NL.

You better get a life and give yourself brain because I worth more than your miserable life. angry angry
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
after paying gazillons one man with agbada go tell u to kneel down and flog u..smh....africans,the world's burden
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by pyneda: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
recently, it's been reduced. jst thank God.
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
All dis yeye skuls sha.....3million 4 medicine??..i laff in german...
When i can study medicine in d east europe 4 $4000 per year...study in U.S 4 $15,000 per year....i wl now go to babcock??..

D worst part of it is dat dis babcock of a skul has nt even bn fully accredited 4 medicine by MDCN cos their hospital is nufn to write home about....just big and beautiful building...no good machines and equipments....
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by imperiouxx(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
All dis yeye skuls sha.....3million 4 medicine??..i laff in german...
When i can study medicine in d east europe 4 $4000 per year...study in U.S 4 $15,000 per year....i wl now go to babcock??..

D worst part of it is dat dis babcock of a skul has nt even bn fully accredited 4 medicine by MDCN cos their hospital is nufn to write home about....just big and beautiful building...no good machines and equipments....

Abeg my bro, let that fool that doesn't know education is cheap and stable outside Nigeria know. Ordinary Bebcock in Nigeria is his most reputable school in the whole world..... pathetic Motherfuccker!
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
na wah o.....will d school provide work for the graduates ni
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Acidosis(m): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
Adeojo Foluke C: na wah o.....will d school provide work for the graduates ni

How about secondary schools that charge N10million per year in Lagos, Abuja & PH?? will the schools give the students 'A's in waec or will the teachers give them direct admission to Cambridge university??

If you can answer these questions, then you should be able to provide answers to your question.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by tomzman: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
These fees are just too outrageous. Does the fees include feeding and clothing? If not, then I dont think I see any justification for these fees. Christianity is turning to something else these days.
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by dino2006(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ridiculous! *spits*
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Pedagogue: 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
tensazangetsu: Guy OAU is not better than babcock stop lying nigerians and lies jeez all nigerian universities are crap.

D above quoted is really sordid!!! So your babcock (plus other private uni's ) are not "nigerian universities "?

Frankly speaking, d apparent comments from grads of private uni's here have confirmed d generally held opinion about d quality of education they received!!!

How on earth can anyone in his right senses say Babcock is better than OAU!!! Not even the VC of your Uni and any private uni in Nig can say that balderdash!!!

There's absolutely no basis 4 comparison btw top federal uni's and Dese Shylock private uni's...- for instance, despite d fact that accounting students in OAU pay 5,300 per session(as against 1.5m their colleagues pay in Babcock) IFE students carted 6 out of d 11 prizes in this year's ICAN examination...Babcock got none!!! This info is just for d ignorant few that think Uni's like OAU only have 'past glory' . Can anyone tell me d 'present glory' of private uni's.

In another vein, no Private uni in Nig has ever produced a first class grad from the Nigerian Law School....So, what are we talking about fellas!!! [/[color=#006600]color]

*Albeit top federal skulls in Nig (OAU inclusive) have their challenges, they are still way better than these mushroom theology universities!!! D simple truth is, d reason why many parents push their wards to private uni's is 'cos of d difficulty in gaining admission to federal uni's.....or why will anyone in his right senses pay 1.5m for a certificate that will be dumped in the dust bin if a good certificate from a 5,300 naira per session uni like IFE is brandished!!!

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Acidosis(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pedagogue: [/color]

D above quoted is really sordid!!! So your babcock (plus other private uni's ) are not "nigerian universities "?

Frankly speaking, d apparent comments from grads of private uni's here have confirmed d generally held opinion about d quality of education they received!!!

How on earth can anyone in his right senses say Babcock is better than OAU!!! Not even the VC of your Uni and any private uni in Nig can say that balderdash!!!

There's absolutely no basis 4 comparison btw top federal uni's and Dese Shylock private uni's...- for instance, despite d fact that accounting students in OAU pay 5,300 per session(as against 1.5m their colleagues pay in Babcock) IFE students carted 6 out of d 11 prizes in this year's ICAN examination...Babcock got none!!! This info is just for d ignorant few that think Uni's like OAU only have 'past glory' . Can anyone tell me d 'present glory' of private uni's.

In another vein, no Private uni in Nig has ever produced a first class grad from the Nigerian Law School....So, what are we talking about fellas!!! [/[color=#006600]color]

*Albeit top federal skulls in Nig (OAU inclusive) have their challenges, they are still way better than these mushroom theology universities!!! D simple truth is, d reason why many parents push their wards to private uni's is 'cos of d difficulty in gaining admission to federal uni's.....or why will anyone in his right senses pay 1.5m for a certificate that will be dumped in the dust bin if a good certificate from a 5,300 naira per session uni like IFE is brandished!!!

Stop shouting.. Can you stand a graduate from American University of Nigeria - ABTI ?

Its not all about your oau, ui repititive certificates on the streets..

Do you think its easy to pay N3million tuition fee per year? Any parent that can afford that would surely get the ward a damn good job without stress after graduation.

A graduate from American Uni of Nigeria for instance would not struggle with most graduates from oau, ui, uniben, osu, ekpoma, eksu, akungba etc for a N100,000 job with one micro finance bank, lastma or road safety job.
cheesy
Thats the trick man, N3milla nor be small money for 7years.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Pedagogue: 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis: Firstly, you guys need to stop posting senseless links about ranking done by ghosts without basis, evidence, ranking factors, et cetera.

You can rank a university base on:

Infrastructures
Academic strength
Website grin
Convocation gown grin etc

Even those Nigerian students who never received a single lecture from a Prof for 4 years are here carrying rank for head like placards.

Who did the ranking? Where are they? When did they visit these schools?

This is exactly how some foreign bodies abroad sit back in their country while they post some random rankings for us to digest..

As regards the issue of high cost of private university education... its a matter of choice cool

I can list 10 secondary schools in Lagos who charge above 8million naira per year cool And I can also list 10 Lagos secondary schools with school fees less than N1000 per session.

It doesn't mean those paying N10million will make all subjects 'A's in waec cool and it still doesn't guarantee direct admission into higher institutions same way a private university doesn't guarantee anyone a job after school..

A Corona School student in Lagos and a student from Ojuelegba Comprehensive High school would both sit for the same waec... Same way graduates from Babcock and OSU meet in same camp and same interview cool

Its a matter of choice cool Its about your size, its about your pocket, its about your taste.
Not every parent want to expose their wards to cultism and 'hard' life. Imagine moving from your parents home where you live alone in a fully air conditioned ensuite plaster of paris furnished master bedroom to a sardine-like small delapitated hall conveying 15 students to school clinic on a weekly basis.. just because you want to bend to the too many ignoramic views on nairaland.. cool

Btw, I'll suggest American University of Nigeria, Yola - ABTI to any aspiring rich candidate.
I don't know much about Babcock.

Cheers.. cheesy

U are so wrong!!

D way many attach cultism to all other uni's apart from private uni's is simply incomprehensible !!!

I wonder if these people know that in Unilorin, U.I , IFE and some other uni's , students graduate without knowing anything about cultism...Infact, in these uni's (ESP ife and ILORIN ) students move around at any time without any fear of harrassment !!! I wonder why many think cultism thrives in all govt owned uni's ... Infact, private uni's like Igbinedion and Madonna probably have d same cult simulacrum that notorious uni's like LASU and OSU have!!!

As per what you said about 'hard life' , that is simply laughable !!! U have unwittingly exposed your ignorance....stdents from Well to do homes don't have to live in any "small sardine hall conveying 15 students " ..Rather, many of them rent well furnished en-suites!!! They are also free to decide when to go to church, mosque, library etc unlike the automative life supposed university students are forced to live in 'your' private uni's !!!

Your comment is the most "ignoramic " here

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by Pedagogue: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Stop shouting.. Can you stand a graduate from American University of Nigeria - ABTI ?

Do you think its easy to pay N3million tuition fee per year? Any parent that can afford that would surely get the ward a damn good job without stress after graduation.

A graduate from American Uni of Nigeria for instance would not struggle with most graduates from oau, ui, uniben, osu, ekpoma, eksu, akungba etc for a N100,000 job with one micro finance bank, lastma or road safety job.
cheesy

Where are d grads from these your ABTI ! I guess they work in d sky.....

Pls, I'm not your man....you said im shouting!! it's a pity NL is an anonymous forum! All what you call ' repetitive certificates on d street' is what has gotten me and my colleagues d job u and your likes can only dream of!!!

I don't throw tirades - your comment is acutely indecorous - learn how to address people u don't know

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by dober(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Na wa o.
Wen me de fine 6k to buy direct entry form.
All fingers are really nt equal.
*I shame*
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by fr3do(m): 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
tensazangetsu: Linda! i cannot believe your comment on the choice of students attending private universities. yes, there are other choices but do you know the processes and how long it takes to gain admission in any of those tertiary institutions you mentioned? i am 29 years old and will be graduating in a couple of months from Bingham University, a private school located in Keffi road, Nasarawa state. yes, 29 years old! do you know how many JAMB exams i've written? do you know many pre-degree and diplomas i've done in federal and state schools? do you know how many times i scored well above the pass mark in JAMB but still wasn't granted admission? do you know how many times i had to bribe for my name to be included in an admission list but was devastated when i found out i was scammed? do you know how many men that asked me to book hotel rooms so they can stuff their man meat inside me in exchange for an admission into an institution? No Linda Ikeji, you don't know or have an answer to any of the questions i asked above. My peers have all graduated, most done with their masters, married with kids and experiencing the things they should at the right time. after my last experience where i was given a fake admission letter in an Eastern state school and was in 200 level already when i found out, i decided to go to a private school (Bingham University). the amount of money i pay as tuition+other charges is outrageous and the services i get for them is petty but what can i (
we) do? my father breaks his back to see that he gets my fees paid as i don't have a man to support me cos the decent men of these days want to mingle and marry graduates. even if i did have a man, i am not one to go soliciting for funds from men i didn't give money to keep for me. LOL. its true. I just felt that i should call you out on your opinion, i know its yours but it hit home.

The above was someones comment on linda ikejis blog na wa all of you criticizing them you think say e easy to enter federal uni abeg park well.

cry peleh
read and pray
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by eagleeye2: 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis:

cheesy

Ehmmmm......ABTI alumni, connection aside (cos I know that most Graduates from Private Unis are children of the so called Elites AKA Lootocrats), what kind of job do ABTI alumni "struggle" to get.
Moreover, why are all these graduates from Private Universities not creating employment?
Why are they not turning the inveestment made on them to dividends for their parents?
Why do we not hear of Enterpreneurs breaking new grounds and those enterpreneurs are graduates of ABTI and other private Universities?

Please stop spewing nonsense all in an effort to make sense.
Re: Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million by fr3do(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
tensazangetsu: Linda! i cannot believe your comment on the choice of students attending private universities. yes, there are other choices but do you know the processes and how long it takes to gain admission in any of those tertiary institutions you mentioned? i am 29 years old and will be graduating in a couple of months from Bingham University, a private school located in Keffi road, Nasarawa state. yes, 29 years old! do you know how many JAMB exams i've written? do you know many pre-degree and diplomas i've done in federal and state schools? do you know how many times i scored well above the pass mark in JAMB but still wasn't granted admission? do you know how many times i had to bribe for my name to be included in an admission list but was devastated when i found out i was scammed? do you know how many men that asked me to book hotel rooms so they can stuff their man meat inside me in exchange for an admission into an institution? No Linda Ikeji, you don't know or have an answer to any of the questions i asked above. My peers have all graduated, most done with their masters, married with kids and experiencing the things they should at the right time. after my last experience where i was given a fake admission letter in an Eastern state school and was in 200 level already when i found out, i decided to go to a private school (Bingham University). the amount of money i pay as tuition+other charges is outrageous and the services i get for them is petty but what can i (
we) do? my father breaks his back to see that he gets my fees paid as i don't have a man to support me cos the decent men of these days want to mingle and marry graduates. even if i did have a man, i am not one to go soliciting for funds from men i didn't give money to keep for me. LOL. its true. I just felt that i should call you out on your opinion, i know its yours but it hit home.

The above was someones comment on linda ikejis blog na wa all of you criticizing them you think say e easy to enter federal uni abeg park well.

cry peleh
read and pray

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN Hostel On Fire(pics) / Anambra Student Who Dressed Like Anas Aremeyaw, Masked Journalist, Chased Out / WAEC Syllabus 2020/2021 For All Subjects [PDF Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.