Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Babcock University Releases School Fees For Next Session. Students Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Releases School Fees For Next Session. Students Protest (765 Views)

Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Abu Zaria New Academic Calender For Second Semester Nd Next Session / Abia State University Releases 2010/2011 Admission List(! (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Babcock University Releases School Fees For Next Session. Students Protest by Realest123(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Well, they are not protesting in school or complaining to their school administration...they are protesting via the media. A few students from the school have sent me mails complaining about the exorbitant fees they are being made to pay to get an education. The university just released the school fees for the next session and some of the students feel its outrageous. See it below...

1) Accounting- N1.5million
2) Nursing- N1million
3) Law- N2million
4) Medicine- N3million
5) Others- N860,000
The students are scared to protest in their school because they could get suspended. Babcock is a Christian University and claims to be a non-profit organization, so students don't understand why they have to pay such huge amounts to school there. But here's my thing; complaining about the school fees of a private university is like complaining about the cost of a first class plane ticket. You have other options; business class, premium economy class, economy class. If this is too much for you, move to a federal school, state school or less expensive private schools. Not that I support these fees, I think it's ridiculous. You pay N3million a session to become a doctor and when you eventually get a job, you make less than N200 thousand a month...doesn't make much sense to me...but that's the way the school wants to operate. You either take it or leave it! What do you guys think?

But meanwhile, is there anything the federal government can do for these students? Like, make their University bring down the fees?

Re: Babcock University Releases School Fees For Next Session. Students Protest by olawalebabs(m): 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2013

(1)

Sale Of Alvan Ikoku Federal College Of Education Post Utme 2013 / Good News During ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike Called Off..true Or False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.