Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,627 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes (13555 Views)

EFCC Arrests Former Mint MD, Ehi Okomoyon Over $5m Polymer Bribery Scam / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by sagaciousblog: 9:33am On Apr 22, 2013
CONFUSED NATION!
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2013
chinedum45: When Soludo was leaving CBN dollar was 138# since sanusi entered it has been btw #157-#162...he is the worst guy for that job.....causing panic and unnecessary policies....aboki that is supposed to be shining shoes.
bros soludo has ntn to do with the exchange rate of dollar to naira, neither does the entire cbn, it all depends on how much a country's exports exceeds its import, i.e if we export more, naira wil be stronger, and vice versa
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by collins125: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2013
sagaciousblog: CONFUSED NATION!

[size=22pt]weRepEachOda[/size]
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2013
gboss4sure: Sanusi the sick man is at it again. What a confused man running a confused entity. Why not raise the value of our currencies instead of this 5k, 20k and paper changing and printing issues.
if twas that easy, then no curreny will ve a lesser value
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by obi123: 9:43am On Apr 22, 2013
Lemo told NAN that when the CBN was going to introduce the polymer currencies, its search showed that they could last longer than ordinary paper notes.

``However, with the benefit of hindsight, we probably should not have dumped polymer because, yes, the substrate lasts longer, but the in-consubstrate began to fade; we didn’t realise that at the time of introduction.

Ladies and gentlemen have you ever heard such cringe inducing statement, this country is a joke, a big joke, waste of resources, you would think that they conducted solid research on the long term benefits and dis benefits of Polymers and paper notes ,instead they went ahead with polymer stole billions in the process, and are preparing to steal more again with the introduction of paper notes and are now telling their fathers and mothers that polymers are not ideal .Freaking joke.

in fact the light i thought was at the end of the tunnel for Nigeria no longer exists
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2013
The introduction of five thousand Naira will only encourage looting. A bundle of 5k notes will be half a million. Carry two in your 'Agbada' and you are a millionaire. The real issue that needs to be addressed is the relative scarcity of small change which is really messing up small businesses. The present government is definitely not working for or with the people since it does not take into account how its policies affect the masses.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by lafuria1(m): 9:53am On Apr 22, 2013
Welcome development, the number of polymer notes have thrown away, I can't recall. Yes the polymer notes are meant to last longer than paper, I believe the contractor did a substandard job. Lagosian motorist will be relieve by this news, there is always constant argument about accepting the notes or not.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by kneatswan: 10:01am On Apr 22, 2013
gud country wit clawn as leaders
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 22, 2013
They can print this if they like tongue:

Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by samuelkew(m): 10:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Bus conductor: hey no change no enter o, i no get change o.
Passenger: na #1000 dey, i go collect 850.
Gaari seller: na wie i go get #1000 change because of #240 gaari wey u buy?
Buyer: please help me check am.

The truth is that the higher naira notes create problems for many people everyday. Is Naira 4 d elites only that he is trying #5000 note. He is supposed to be ashamed of tentative or fleeting policies that will become valueless eventually like polymer is now.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by venorite(m): 10:13am On Apr 22, 2013
collins.123:
[size=16pt]Please we need 5K, 10k and 50K notes this year.

Please, Sanusi Gandoki.[/size]
For??
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by 2goodbobo(m): 10:19am On Apr 22, 2013
And how many billion will that cost?
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by uvoh(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2013
my country of transactional contracts. Some1 has definitely reaped megabucks from this and once again the bountiful dumb bride called Nigeria has been raped in d unclothedness of the day. Her crotch is accessible to all and sundry even as more men plan to exploit her weak virtue.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by titigbadamosi: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2013
This peoole Ǎ̜̣̍я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ not serious @ all.They just kip wasting money to print Ãήϑ reprint.Sanusi needs deliverance 4 sure.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2013
Govt of d clueless, by d clueless, for d clueless!
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by gysl1973: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2013
If they like make them use cowries, when them wan return my money from the 6 billion when dem say banks thief from customers?
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by collins125: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2013
venorite:
For??

You probably don't understand a satire when you read one.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by miqos02(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2013
cbn is running in circles
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by drnoel: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2013
after waste of public funds is on the way...
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by texazzpete(m): 10:57am On Apr 22, 2013
Nigerians!

When someone persists in a bad course, they abuse.

When someone reverses course, they abuse.

What do you people want sef?

If it is true that the Polymer notes fade (and this is the truth), isn't it the height of imbecility to now complain when the CBN reverses course back to paper?

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by mummy3(f): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2013
Guapo: If Sanusi likes let him use ankara to print the lower denominations. i don't care! But let him walk far away frm introducing a 5k note.

Les incompetent!

what's wrong with 50k note? pls it was so valueable in the past
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Inik(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2013
They should have taken into consideration the fact that the polymer notes will eventually fade and weighed the economic feasibility before introducing the notes in the first place. Now billions will be spent to reprint the paper notes. At the end of the day one of the "ogas at the top" will be smiling home with his share of the national cake. How long will an individual keep on taking unilateral decisions at the cbn, when is Sanusi"s tenure even expiring? These back and forth movements ain't doing us any good.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by cheddarking(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2013
Expect an increase in kidnappings for rituals as the 'gods' will also be changing currency
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by obi123: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2013
Inik: They should have taken into consideration the fact that the polymer notes will eventually fade and weighed the economic feasibility before introducing the notes in the first place. Now billions will be spent to reprint the paper notes. At the end of the day one of the "ogas at the top" will be smiling home with his share of the national cake. How long will an individual keep on taking unilateral decisions at the cbn, when is Sanusi"s tenure even expiring? These back and forth movements ain't doing us any good.

you are being too generous ,there are no forths where Nigeria is concerned.i mean just how can they justify rubbish like this , common research would have shown that in the long term polymer will fade.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by FindOut(m): 11:54am On Apr 22, 2013
2 pages of comments and NO ONE has blamed Soludo for introducing the sil.ly fake polymer notes (The contract award to Securency for its printing is still embroiled in some bribery controversy) but some posters have directly and indirectly attacked Sanusi who has said he wants to change the notes back to paper! undecided

Am i surprised? No.

Funny country with funnier people. Anyway, judging by the kind of President we elected, it shouldn't be hard to determine the class of (un)intelligence of several Nigerians.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by obajohn(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=U09ce]CBN To Change N5, N10, N20 and N50 From Polymer To Paper CBN is poised to stop the printing of small denomination Naira in polymer notes because they fade quickly. Its Deputy Governor, Mr Tunde Lemo, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Washington on the sideline of the ongoing Spring Meeting of the World Bank and the IMF. ``By the middle of the year, we will start to produce the second generation of lower denomination notes, now in paper not in polymer.’’ ``My plea is that Nigerians should exercise patience with us; it wasn’t the fault of the CBN, it was just because we had to go back to the drawing board to rethink `Project Cure’ in the light of the wish of the public that we should not go ahead with the N5000 notes and lower denomination. ``We will correct that in the course of the year. Polymer certainly will be phased out. In fact, we are phasing out polymer. No new note is being printed in polymer now.’’ govt and incosistencies. dis isnt good for development.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by UncleJJ(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Find Out!:
2 pages of comments and NO ONE has blamed Soludo for introducing the sil.ly fake polymer notes (The contract award to Securency for its printing is still embroiled in some bribery controversy) but some posters have directly and indirectly attacked Sanusi who has said he wants to change the notes back to paper! undecided

Am i surprised? No.

Funny country with funnier people. Anyway, judging by the kind of President we elected, it shouldn't be hard to determine the class of (un)intelligence of several Nigerians.

How can, how can a hausa man ( ewu hausa, jaki,mallam, aboki). How can this hausa man be much more intelligent, brave and more forward thinking than an ibo man from the almighty Anambra state. No, it is impossible, all hausa are foolish and dull - they are only good and shoe makers and gatemen. tongue

Sanusi, has done more and will still do more for the Nigerian economy - from exposing the national assembly, to uncovering massive corruption in the banking sector, introduction of epayment systems, sanctioning the 100 fee for atm, to telling the public that the banks have stolen over 6billion naira.

The polymer notes were a scam, and it was done under soludo's regime. Sanusi, has taken the bull by the horn and done what no other public officer in Nigerian will ever think/attempt to do - fix problems not create them.
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by namelesss: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dem sabi cary bags of shame... Nigerian leaders! Una karry laaast
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by byteem: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
IDIOTS... ..SO ALL THOSE BILLIONS ALLOCATED FOR DESIGN AND PRINTING IS WASTED BECAUSE SUFFICIENT RESEARCH TO KNOW THAT POLYMER WOULD FADE OVER TIME UPON USE WAS NOT CARRIED OUT.. IT WASN'T THE CBN'S FAULT, SO WHOSE WAS IT ?..NOW ANOTHER SET OF BILLIONS WOULD BE ALLOCATED TO REDESIGN AND PRINT NEW NOTES IN PAPER..JUST PERFECT.. SANUSI IS WORKING ..STANDING OVATION FOR THE SMOOTH CRIMINAL AND ALL HIS ASSOCIATES, PAST AND PRESENT..

1 Like

Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by 1ndidi2(f): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
.:
colossal waste of public funds. The money should be channeled into a productive use.

The contract was even given out to a foreign country and its to be delivered sometime In june/july
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by Guapo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
mummy3:

what's wrong with 50k note? pls it was so valueable in the past
let me make myself clear- N5,000 note (5k).
Re: CBN To Change From Polymer To Paper Notes by EbubeOnoh(m): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dis country are not serious at all. From paper to polymar now is polymer to paper wat a disgrace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano And Oshiomhole At 4th Nnamdi Azikwe's Lecture Awka / "I Did Not Make Any Allegations Against Aisha Buhari" - Senator Misau Speaks / Jailing Of Looters: Start With APC Members" - PDP, Obasanjo's Group Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.