Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner (1453 Views)

Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! / Seun, Nairaland, And Its Moderators / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
Dear Seun,
how are you and your family? Don't bother about me cos i'm fine down here. I must commend you for your tireless effort on this amiable site. It has continue to Inform, educate, and entertain people in Nigeria and beyond. For all of these, i say well done!

However, there are certain issues that are beginning to lower the reputation of this prestigious and notable site. Such as:

(1) HOMEPAGE TOPICS: Before you say you like a lady, her facial appearance must be really enchanting. As a guest on Nairaland, you are first captured by the topics on the homepage. But i must confess, most of these topics are not supposed to find its way there. Some topics these days on the homepage are not even informative, educative, nor entertaining. Rather, it is used to gossip, or debase people's self esteem. Yesterday it was "what colour of pant do you want on your girlfriend", Today its "Rihanna vs Beyonce: who wore it better", Tomorrow it will be "Picture of Davido and Wizkid on their way to nightclub". That's why you see comments like: "who cares", "how e take affect the price of garri", "OP why you no wan get sense", "who is the bitch(mod) that puts this on homepage" , etc. There are lots of important topics in various sections waiting to make it to the homepage. Abeg check that area...

(2) UNLIKE BUTTON: since the serpent deceived Adam and Eve, there has always been the existence of good and bad, relevant and irrelevant, useful and useless, etc. So why you cum create like button wey you no gree add unlike button, why?? We all know ourselves well enough on this forum to know that we need this button. The thing is, everybody can't reason alike at the same time. So anybody that is not commenting reasonably to the topic in question, will possibly be blessed with numerous unlikes. Abi how you see am?

(3) MODERATORS: hmmm, Pls what are the works of the moderators? They should be making sure that most important topics gets to the homepage. Education, career, job vacancies, and so many other section mod should take note. Abi na only to ban people dem sabi ni? Pls advice them.

(4) ANTISPAMBOT: Whether antispambot or antirobots, make sure say "this thing" get correct reason to ban pesin o. I dey talk my own now o! Because na so the other day, una dey beg one user make e no vex, as e be say 'Referee antispambot' don sama am red card mistakenly. Pls give dat 'tin' beta instructions o.

There are still many things to be said, but i go reserve dem till i go write my exam cum back.
Help me greet all nairalanders say i dey fain. Take care of yourself.
Your's truly, OLEKUMASTER!
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2013
thanks bro
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Seun(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Bro, your suggestions are excellent. Thanks for sharing them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
And why has Seun and his Mods refused to give us a Christian Forum?
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by gluv01(f): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2013
And why was a post hidden?

By the way, I really love your suggestions @Oleku.

The antispambot and frontpage topics is the biggest of them all.
When i surf through the sections and see educative materials deserving of front page, and it's still left idle i smile.

I noticed it is only when comments pour in that a thread is moved to the frontpage. No! It is partially wrong.
Not everyone will like a topic, but still, it can benefit others who find it difficult going to other sections.
Comments or no comments, some educative and entertaining material needs to be given attention.
The everyday FP i see is more of Nollywood than any other thread.

I can't remember the last time I saw a good "food" thread in the FP.
Seun try harder, you're good at this, and I know how tasking it can be.
But still, make the visitations to this Forum worth the time! wink

1 Like

Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Chukskalidon: And why has Seun and his Mods refused to give us a Christian Forum?
there's a religious forum already. No need for a separate xtian section just because the muslims have one.

My own grouse now is this marrafacking spambot! angry pls Seun can you tell us what someone ought to do to avoid its nonsense ban?
I've been banned twice by it for no apparent reason. My 1st and 2nd ban in this forum, imagine? I really wanna know o.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2013
brokoto: there's a religious forum already. No need for a separate xtian section just because the muslims have one.

My own grouse now is this marrafacking spambot! angry pls Seun can you tell us what someone ought to do to avoid its nonsense ban?
I've been banned twice by it for no apparent reason. My 1st and 2nd ban in this forum, imagine? I really wanna know o.
d religious forum here says "muslims only". It is advicable and logical to have another sub-forum that has d tag "christians only" under religious forum just like the Islam.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Seun(m): 9:20am On Apr 23, 2013
Chukskalidon: d religious forum here says "muslims only". It is advicable and logical to have another sub-forum that has d tag "christians only" under religious forum just like the Islam.
The current state of affairs is due to circumstances beyond our control. Left to me, all religions should have one section to force people to learn from each other, but for reasons beyond my control, we have to keep the Islam section separate. It's a pity.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2013
^^^ kapisce? @Chuks. In other words, the Muslims are intolerant of others so they want to left alone. Meanwhile the xtians don't mind mixing with others.

Seun answer me na. Wetin I gats do to avoid ya marrafacking spambot?
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2013
@ op, you are on point jare. oya oga seun please do something about all he said, especially the unlike button and the front page things.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Seun(m): 11:22am On Apr 23, 2013
brokoto: ^^^ kapisce? @Chuks. In other words, the Muslims are intolerant of others so they want to left alone. Meanwhile the xtians don't mind mixing with others.
Seun answer me na. Wetin I gats do to avoid ya marrafacking spambot?
Apart from not spamming, there is nothing you can do to avoid it, but there is something you can do to get unbanned if you were banned: visit the profile page of the moderator of the section you were banned from and send him/her an email from that page.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 23, 2013
Seun:
The current state of affairs is due to circumstances beyond our control. Left to me, all religions should have one section to force people to learn from each other, but for reasons beyond my control, we have to keep the Islam section separate. It's a pity.
Sir,
with all respect I knew and am very much aware of d fact that some things are beyond you and am aware also that u can't help d fact that u're widely controversial. I want to tell u that Nairaland is very influential to d country. If we preach equlity in d country without practicing it, its jst ntin.
From ur assertions its clear its nt in u to accomodate christians. Thank u for that... I respect ur opinion on dis noble site but I still insist...christians should be accomodated anywhere and anyhow.
Thanks.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Sir,
with all respect I knew and am very much aware of d fact that some things are beyond you and am aware also that u can't help d fact that u're widely controversial. I want to tell u that Nairaland is very influential to d country. If we preach equlity in d country without practicing it, its jst ntin.
From ur assertions its clear its nt in u to accomodate christians. Thank u for that... I respect ur opinion on dis noble site but I still insist...christians should be accomodated anywhere and anyhow.
Thanks.
you are missing the point man.

@Seun, so in other words we are all at the mercy of the marrafacker? Ok, thanks.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Seun(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
brokoto: @Seun, so in other words we are all at the mercy of the marrafacker? Ok, thanks.
If the mumbleeper was not working, Nairaland would be completely unusable.
So I think we can forgive the occasional mistakes the mumbleeper makes.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
"Mumbleeper" cheesy cheesy dayum!!!
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Codedrock(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Seun: If the mumbleeper was not working, Nairaland would be completely unusable.
the major cause of all this frontpage topics is mukina2 and 1 other guy are the only ones tagging posts to frontpage, even most times this guys are late in tagging posts to frontpage,
according to what that bro mentioned about rihana and beyonce what would you expect a lady to think about than gossips and ladies stuff.
And something is vexing me mr seun most mods here are mainly ladies why now? Thats why they dont know more than banning. They dont forward good and interesting topics to mukina2 to put on frontpage so i think those are the reasons. And here i am all my life i have being trying to be a mod here on nl i was never considered by bro seun and i am seriously willing to work on this web at list be a useful material for the most visited website in africa.
.. I think you should try some other persons.
And i am available bro!
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by cdamsel(f): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Codedrock:

And something is vexing me mr seun most mods here are mainly ladies why now? Thats why they dont know more than banning.
who told u most MOD's re females?oga do ur research well jare
Codedrock: And here i am all my life i have being trying to be a mod here on nl i was never considered by bro seun and i am seriously willing to work on this web at list be a useful material for the most visited website in africa.
.. I think you should try some other persons.
And i am available bro!
say u won work 4 seun all dis ur MOD diss is very shallow.send am mail abeg
+ lemme add dat dey re nt being paid ohhh lipsrsealed
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Seun: If the mumbleeper was not working, Nairaland would be completely unusable.
lol @mumbleeper. You gat jokes.

Anyway, it will be useful to actually do a thorough check of the mumbleeper and see whether the ratio of reasonable to unreasonable ban is positively skewed because I think it does more harm than good. Ciao!
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by cdamsel(f): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
chuks I've told u,stop being a religious bigot,its nt worth it
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
cdamsel: chuks I've told u,stop being a religious bigot,its nt worth it
Am nt a bigot of any type. And if what I asserted to seun represents bigotry in any form then am willing to hang d boot from here.... Mr Seun hav nt given us any tangible reason why christians shouldn't be accomodated in d religious forum... And @cbaby its been a while, hope dat Anambra freshboi didn't take u to kirikiri.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by cdamsel(f): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Am nt a bigot of any type. And if what I asserted to seun represents bigotry in any form then am willing to hang d boot from here.... Mr Seun hav nt given us any tangible reason why christians shouldn't be accomodated in d religious forum... And @cbaby its been a while, hope dat Anambra freshboi didn't take u to kirikiri.
d relious section is 4 christains & moslems alike,wats d deal again,its just d sexuality section in romance section,its all in 1.of all places na kirikiri he won take me,he takes me 2 cloud 9 & above wink kiss
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by tpia5: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
RESPONSES NOT NEEDED, THANK YOU.

I have a question- is there any reason why nairaland cannot be made a subscription only site. Imo, there should be a fee to sign up and be a member here.

I believe the vast majority of posters can afford a modest monthly or yearly fee, afterall do we not pay for internet,recharge card, brazilian weave, makeup, etc.

The site has one million user ids. lets say the actual number of human users is 5,000. A fee of maybe N100 per month would equal a base rate of N500,000 before taxes.

That's N6,000,000 per year- on paper, this looks like a reasonable figure, the difficulties of implementing such a plan are what need to be tabled.( i suppose those include the risk of losing members to competitors who will cash in on the situation. Similar sites like facebook not charging for use, etc).

@ the females and fellow males, i am not aiming for your man, and neither am i sucking up to him or mukina, so hold your horses. Like i said, i do not need a response, just dropping this because I'm not sure which direction the site admin want the site to go. Nl has been around since 2005, people use this place to launch their careers (some start from being made moderators), there should be a concrete mission statement of what the vision is.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
@ oga seun, the issue of the religion section should be critically reviewed. I dnt wnt to be bias here. Many things still needs to be done. Every sunday on the homepage, the message of Pastor Adeboye is always own the homepage. While on Fridays, I haven't seen any messages of any Imam being homepaged.....do something o!
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
cdamsel: d relious section is 4 christains & moslems alike,wats d deal again,its just d sexuality section in romance section,its all in 1.of all places na kirikiri he won take me,he takes me 2 cloud 9 & above wink kiss
u're wrong, it is never meant for xtians. Its clearly stated there...MUSLIMS ONLY.. And it bear a special warning mandating all its users to respect Islam. I tink its jst clear that xtians aren't accomodated. U tink nobody cares....60% of nairalanders(if nt more) are xtians and most them if nt all should b concerned abt it. Seun had made his declaration abt it, bt lyk I said though I respect him on dat, sumtin need to b done.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 25, 2013
Olekumaster: @ oga seun, the issue of the religion section should be critically reviewed. I dnt wnt to be bias here. Many things still needs to be done. Every sunday on the homepage, the message of Pastor Adeboye is always own the homepage. While on Fridays, I haven't seen any messages of any Imam being homepaged.....do something o!
Why should it, brother? If they really want to be alone what then is the point of any frontpage material for them?
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by 2sexyus: 1:07am On Apr 26, 2013
You don't know what you saying...

I would have enlightened you on the kind of forum that model will work, but I guess Seun knows better than you. Hence, the reason for not making Nairaland a membership site.
tpia@:
RESPONSES NOT NEEDED, THANK YOU.

I have a question- is there any reason why nairaland cannot be made a subscription only site. Imo, there should be a fee to sign up and be a member here.

I believe the vast majority of posters can afford a modest monthly or yearly fee, afterall do we not pay for internet,recharge card, brazilian weave, makeup, etc.

The site has one million user ids. lets say the actual number of human users is 5,000. A fee of maybe N100 per month would equal a base rate of N500,000 before taxes.

That's N6,000,000 per year- on paper, this looks like a reasonable figure, the difficulties of implementing such a plan are what need to be tabled.( i suppose those include the risk of losing members to competitors who will cash in on the situation. Similar sites like facebook not charging for use, etc).

@ the females and fellow males, i am not aiming for your man, and neither am i sucking up to him or mukina, so hold your horses. Like i said, i do not need a response, just dropping this because I'm not sure which direction the site admin want the site to go. Nl has been around since 2005, people use this place to launch their careers (some start from being made moderators), there should be a concrete mission statement of what the vision is.
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2013
Reyginus: Why should it, brother? If they really want to be alone what then is the point of any frontpage material for them?
alone you say? Nobody or no religion can exist alone. We need each other!
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 26, 2013
Olekumaster: alone you say? Nobody or no religion can exist alone. We need each other!
Lol. Even when the islamic section placed a banner signifying the will to be alone?
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Even when the islamic section placed a banner signifying the will to be alone?
am speechless
Re: Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 29, 2013
Olekumaster: am speechless
as if u dnt knw what to say that

(1) (Reply)

This Is How People Get Screwed; A Little Motivation / Picture Of 11-day Chinese Traffic Jam That Sets World Record / Happy Birthday To My Dearest Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.