Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Blind Government - CBN To Change Polymer Naira Notes To Paper - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Blind Government - CBN To Change Polymer Naira Notes To Paper (674 Views)

CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / CBN To Change Polymer Notes To Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blind Government - CBN To Change Polymer Naira Notes To Paper by wwwaprokome(f): 7:18am On Apr 22, 2013
The Central Bank of Nigeria has stopped the printing of small denomination Naira notes in polymer because they fade quickly.

The Deputy Governor, CBN, Mr. Tunde Lemo, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Washington on the sidelines of the ongoing Spring Meeting of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.

He said, “By the middle of the year, we will start to produce the second generation of lower denomination notes, now in paper and not in polymer.”

What is wrong with our government agencies who are working without foresight? They would have gone ahead to print the 5,000 Naira note if not for our numerous protests against it. They printed the polymer note without research on its durability. Now they'll be spending billions of tax payers' money to rectify their mistakes. What do you think of this? Meanwhile continue to read their excuse on this link: http://aproko.me/blind-government-cbn-to-change-polymer-naira-notes-to-paper/

Re: Blind Government - CBN To Change Polymer Naira Notes To Paper by Dcrazynerd(m): 7:50am On Apr 22, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] ;DLol i knew it was only a matter of time this change was gonna take place.
Re: Blind Government - CBN To Change Polymer Naira Notes To Paper by Chanchit: 8:10am On Apr 22, 2013
I'm jst tired of this madmen controlling this country, even a madman knows that the nylon note is rubbish except our CB.
Pls God, punish the people that brought this nylon note idea, let them not live to embezzle what they plan to embezzle when we return back to paper note. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Business Profit With Twitter / Starting An Online Newspaper / I Am In Urgent Need An Rb 22 Crane With Grab Bucket For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.