Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 (49168 Views)

Real Madrid V Dortmund - UCL (2 - 0) On 30th April 2013 / UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (1 - 0) On 1st April 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:38am On Apr 23, 2013
scantee: Fcb 4 live
yeeeep
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Eifeh(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2013
fcb all the way more than a club

1 Like

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by mamagee3(f): 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
I see Bayern defeating Barcelona. .

I predict a 3-0 victory
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Laughng in indian
mama-gee:

I predict a 3-0 victory
hahahaha let wait and c
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bayern Munich v Barcelona: Pep past v Pepfuture in a Pep-less present

Football too often denies us the truly epic tie, the meeting of the two great sides of the age, and it's perhaps that more than anything else that makesTuesday night's Champions League semi-final between Bayern Munich and Barcelona so enticing.
This has the sense of an era-defining encounter: Barcelona, who have dominated Europe for the past half-decade (it's a remarkable fact that, even in their sixth successive semi-final, it still feels as though they have not quite achieved what they might have done in the Champions League) and Bayern, who could be the dominant force of the years to come: Pep past against Pep futurein a Pep-less present that could mark the transition from one generation to the next. Or could, conceivably, were Barcelona to win convincingly, assert Barça's hegemony and perhaps even the growth of a new dynasty under Tito Vilanova.
Yet amid the talk of historical sweeps – justified to an extent by the fact that Barça and Bayern are this season's champions – there is the awareness that the champions of last year in either Spain or Germany will await in the final. Neither Real Madrid nor Borussia Dortmund – one about to change their manager, the other lacking the financial muscle – look likely to embark on a dynasty, but either is a realistic and would-be worthy champion.
As Miguel Delaney has pointed out , games in which a power just past itspeak meets a new power on the rise have been remarkably infrequent – in part because Barça are the first side to commandtheir era since the Juventus of the mid-90s (although the changing format and increased competition meant neither side reeled off hat-tricks of titles like the great sides of the past and their domination was reflected as much in their reputation and influence as in trophies). He suggests there have onlybeen three previous examples, of which the most relevant seems the game between Ajax and Bayern Munich in 1972-73, a tie won 5-2 on aggregate by Ajax after a crushing 4-0 victory in the first leg in Amsterdam.
Ajax, on their way to a third successive European Cup, were probably just pasttheir peak, internal divisions beginning to emerge after the iron grip of Rinus Michels had been released. Bayern then perhaps weren't such a mature side as Bayern now, but West German football was unquestionably on the rise, as had been shown by the national side's breath-taking success in the European Championship in 1972. Then, as now, the clash was between slightly differing variants of Total Football. There was the Dutch school, all hard-pressing, high offside line and interchanging of positions, and the German school, which didn't push up to play offside and, which, while still essentially about thecreation of space through intermovement, was perhaps slightly more rooted in physicality.
And that's where the strands begin to intertwine. The Dutch school was transplanted, first by Michels and then by Johan Cruyff, to Barcelona. The German school was practised as much by Borussia Mönchengladbach as by Bayern, and it was there that Jupp Heynckes, the present Bayern coach, learned the game. The tactical make-up of both the modern Bayern and the modern Barça was established by Louis van Gaal, whose first experience as a coach had been at Ajax.
Pep Guardiola credits Van Gaal even more than Cruyff as the man who influenced his thinking on how the game should be played and at Bayern he will, as he did at Barça (via Raddy Antic's brief caretaker stint) inherit a side from somebody who succeeded Van Gaal. So the basic styles of the two teams are similar, something borne out by the statistics. Across Europe's top five leagues this season nobody has achieved a higher percentage of possession than Barcelona with 69.6%; Bayern lie second in the table with 63.6%. Barcelona have a higher pass completion rate thananybody else (89.7%); Bayern are second (87.4%).
But for all the similarities, there are subtle differences. Most obviously, there is the shape. While Barcelona play a 4-3-3 with Lionel Messi operating as a falsenine (he could, conceivably, operate behind David Villa as a more orthodox centre-forward, with the right flank vacant but for the surges of Dani Alves, as he did against Milan, but it seems improbable on Tuesday night), Bayern prefer a 4–2–3–1, a difference that plays out in the centre of midfield, where Bayern will have two holding players and one advanced central midfielder and Barça oneholder flanked by two more creative players.
That effectively means the shapes will match up, Sergio Busquets picking up Thomas Müller with Xavi and Andrés Iniesta facing Bastian Schweinsteiger and eitherLuis Gustavo or Javi Martínez. In itself, that'sunlikely to favour one side or the other: three central midfielders all doing the jobs they naturally do, although Xavi must be wary of Schweinsteiger's forward surges.
What could complicate things for Bayern is Messidropping deep. Does one of the centre-backs follow him, potentially creating a gap for a wide player – Villa and Pedro, presumably – to dart inside? That is a particular danger given how attacking both Philipp Lahm and David Alaba are; an advanced position would make it allthe harder to shuffle in and form a de facto back three. But if the centre-backs stay where they are,Messi creates a three on two in Barça's favour at the back of the Bayern midfield. Which is, of course, why for a team as good in possession as Barça and not looking fora long outlet ball from theback, a false nine is such a dangerous proposition.
That's where Barça may have an advantage. WhereBayern have a clear edge is in set-plays. No side in any of the top five leagues in Europe wins as few aerial duels per game as Barcelona (9.7 – Wigan aresecond with 10.4). In part that's because they controlthe ball sufficiently that opponents have limited opportunities to launch high passes at them, but it's also because of a natural disinclination based on being short. Bayern are 30th in that list, winning 14.9 aerial duels per game. It's a problem exacerbated by the absence of Carles Puyol and, with Adriano suspended, Marc Bartra, who has made only 21 appearances for Barcelonain total, is likely to play. Bayern are a bigger team and must think corners and free-kicks offer a great opportunity.
It's important, though, notto be drawn into the clicheof physical Germans against technical Spaniards, even if Bayerndo have a slight physical edge. What will be fascinating is seeing notonly the two best possession teams in Europe facing off, but also the two best pressing sides. Barcelona's players will never have been placed under such co-ordinated pressure on the ball as they are likely to be on Tuesday – and vice-versa. It's in the pressing as much as in his goals that Mario Mandzukic, suspended for the first leg, will be missed. "His stamina is endless," saidFelix Magath. "I think he could play two back-to-back high-tempo games." Much as Samuel Eto'o used to do for Barça, Mandzukic leads the press for Bayern; whether Mario Gomez has the energy – or indeed the intelligence – to do that is doubtful.
But these are the details. They may determine how the tie plays out but what will be remembered is the outcome, whether the age of Barça has yet become the age of Bayern.

1 Like

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by 32D: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
scantee: Fcb 4 live
which one fc barcelona OR fc bayern
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by biolabee(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
Barca have a poor away record in Europe generally

I hope they can get a draw or at least an awal gol is ok

Lets go to the Nou Camp then

Whoever wins this tie is my hope to life the big ears
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Arsenate(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
I hate barcelona but I love Messi. So hoping for a Messi win.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bayern just bought Mario Gotze a real stud.

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by rozayx5(m): 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
lets see

2 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by omoodeogere(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
ademipeju: dnt be suprise wat u write here wuld back fire 4* 0 and a 1*1 @ campnou
UP BARCA WAIT AND SEE
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by bokohaman: 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
Barca para toda lavida
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Jimohlawal(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ supporting bayern dis night.... tongue
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by BrokenTV: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
If you believe that the almighty Barcelona will win this match with more than 2 goals click like

5 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
Broken TV: If you believe that the almighty Barcelona will win this match with more than 2 goals click like
na winning sure pass
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
[size=18pt]Prediction
BAYERN 2-3 BARCELONA

BAYERN 1-2 BARCELONA

BAYERN 1-3 BARCELONA

BAYERN 0-1 BARCELONA
[/size]

barca fan whch one do u want?
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
[size=20pt]Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1):
Manuel Neuer; David Alaba, Dante, Daniel van Buyten, Philipp Lahm; Javi Martinez,Bastian Schweinsteiger; Franck Ribery, Thomas Müller, Arjen Robben; Mario Gomez[/size]
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Nightshift(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
I split €70 on bet on both teams. I'll be enjoying my Bavarian beer while hoping to make some cash off the two teams. Let the best side win....
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
[size=30pt]Barcelona (4-3-3): Victor Valdes; Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique, Marc Bartra, Dani Alves; Sergio Busquets, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta; Pedro Rodriguez, Lionel Messi, Alexis Sanchez[/size]
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
Nightshift: I split €70 on bet on both teams. I'll be enjoying my Bavarian beer while hoping to make some cash off the two teams. Let the best side win....
sharp guy
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Even b4 playing d match so many pple worldwide tv statns had already rule out barca... Chaii
bt am sure my boiz wuld suprise u all...
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bayern Munich's starting line-up is solid. Ribery and Robben will give both Jordi Alba and Dani Alves lots of problems!

Come on Bayern!
Wilkommen grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan: Bayern Munich's starting line-up is solid. Ribery and Robben will give both Jordi Alba and Dani Alves lots of problems!

Come on Bayern!
Wilkommen grin
check out barca messi alone is enough to help gv a hardwork to d defenders.... grin grin grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
mama-gee:

I predict a 3-0 victory
learner
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
45minutes count start naw..
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Arsenate: I hate barcelona but I love Messi. So hoping for a Messi win.
i wanted 2 reply u bt i saw ur name..nd nw i knw y u hate success
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=18pt]Prediction
BAYERN 2-3 BARCELONA

BAYERN 1-2 BARCELONA

BAYERN 1-3 BARCELONA

BAYERN 0-1 BARCELONA
[/size]

barca fan whch one do u want?
1 unlike
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
Babiloko: 1 unlike
whch?
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Oahray: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
Truth be told, I dread this Bayern side. With fingers crossed, I hope for a Barca win and subsequent qualification.

I'd love a Barca - Madrid final.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Nightshift(m): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fynestboi: sharp guy
If they play a draw i lose my money. Though after analysing the teams, it's difficult for a match between such teams with goal machines to end in a draw
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hmmmm
Nightshift: If they play a draw i lose my money. Though after analysing the teams, it's difficult for a match between such teams with goal machines to end in a draw
shuuuu so na make one win niyen....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Portugal Vs Wales :Euro 2016 Semi-finals (2 - 0) On 6th July 2016 / UEFA Champions League 2021/2022 Quarter Final Draw @ 12:00 PM / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (3 - 1) On 30th July 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.