Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" (1298 Views)

Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday / The Grid: The Next-gen Internet? Faster 10,000 Times Than Broadband / How Important is the Internet to You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Carlosein(m): 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2008
The internet, as we know it, could be obsolete within a decade.

Forget dial-up (did i hear someone say "thank God"?); forget broadband: The future, it seems, is The Grid.

check out link below:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080410/tuk-unlocking-the-internet-of-the-future-45dbed5.html
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Maleeq(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hmmm, interesting. Everyone connected to a single grid!!!

Have you seen "Die Hard 4.0"? If you have, you wont be too comfortable with the idea.
Imagine me, the world's greatest h@ck3r grin taking control of "THE GRID"!!!

IMHO, I feel the grid is just improving the current interconnectivity and bandwidth issues by relying solely on fiber optics networks.
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Seun(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
Rubbish talk. Technology without economics = science fiction. Example: flying car technology.
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by TheSly: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
Who cares?
Be it ''The grid'' or the head. . . .as long as i can do all my e-jobs perfectly!
Its no problem! cool
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 11, 2008
Hmm, i'm doubtful about this undecided
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 11, 2008
lets wait till the future gets here. grin

there are so many 'innovations of the future' that never panned out

it could turn out to be nothing more than vaporware
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by apity: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2008
Technology improves everyday.check this out www.your-freedom.net this is the internet connection I used here in Nigeria and it works with 460kps and server location in France,Germany,UK e.t.c. You can contact me through apity2008@yahoo.com on how to go about it.All the step-by-step process is in one ebook which you can get for a token.
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Carlosein(m): 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2008
Seun:

Rubbish talk. Technology without economics = science fiction. Example: flying car technology.

seun, i am not sure i understand what you mean here, kindly explain.
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by DoubleN(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2008
Its a nice Idea , but this means that security will become a major issue.
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by Carlosein(m): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
Double N:

Its a nice Idea , but this means that security will become a major issue.

why is that Double N?
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by jahnnelly(m): 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2008
Carlosein this is because if every one world over is connected to a single grid, there is a possibility of people hacking their way into such a backbone and have access to where they please if adequate security measures are not put in place.
Re: Internet To Be Replaced By "the Grid" by oldie(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2008
Grid or cluster computing will not replace the way we use our computers for a long time to come
The basic advantage of cluster computing is using combined (or excess) memory, speed and capacity of all computers in the grid
But we still need to interconnect all these computers in the grid
So the dial up, broadband etc will still be relevant
Grid computing is the resource not the interconnectivity (or transport)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader / Mtn Fastlink E156g 3.5g Internet Modem For Sale / Help: Laptop Freezes When Charger Is Unplugged!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.