Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall (979 Views)

Nnpc: Auditor General Is Wrong On N3.2t Allegation / Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
THE Abia State government Thursday began the construction of the N3.7 billion digital Abia Shopping Mall, which has 13 months' delivery target.

Located at the former Cattle Market in Umuahia and established under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP), the mall is owned by Abia Retail Company (85 per cent equity) and the state (15 per cent) equity, and will be operated by Shoprite.

When operational, it is estimated to employ 500 direct and 5,000 indirect personnel. Governor Theodore Orji, who laid the foundation, said the project was conceived to provide residents of Umuahia with "a one-stop shop."

While the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Dr. Sampson Orji, described the project as a cutting-edge concept in the supply of all human daily needs, the Managing Director of New Technics Construction Company, which is handling the project, Mr. Enyinnaya Emelogu, asked indigenes to expect the best shopping complex that will compare with what obtains in other states of the country and beyond.

He indicated that it would be completed within 13 months if all stakeholders live up to the terms of the contract.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/apr/19/7.html

*Abia Ni Baje O* grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by manny4life(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
SMH at our leaders, when did mall become a priority? angry angry angry

Anyway, they said Abia govt has 15% stake in it, not too bad though as much as I do not support the move.

1 Like

Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life: SMH at our leaders, when did mall become a priority? angry angry angry

Anyway, they said Abia govt has 15% stake in it, not too bad though as much as I do not support the move.

Yes, govt shouldn't be constructing malls. That is the job of private companies.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by OmoTier1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
WELCOME TO THE CITY OF OLODONISTAN cool Others are spending billions in Education, the other is spending billions in clock up kioks What an Irony
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1: WELCOME TO THE CITY OF OLODONISTAN cool Others are spending billions in Education, the other is spending billions in clock up kioks What an Irony
lwkmd grin grin grin grin
The billions should be channeled to other areas (education, as u said). The ASG should have only provided the land.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by OmoTier1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
CFCfan:
lwkmd grin grin grin grin
The billions should be channeled to other areas (education, as u said). The ASG should have only provided the land.
Correct! Any sane government would have done just that. Lease the land to the investors at a discounted rate and ensure they have the lease gazetted and the duration of the lease clearly specified therein.

Abians have themselves to blame if they fail to realize the good leaders amongst them and ensure those good leaders take over the reign of governance in that state. As at today, it is painful to say Abia has gone to the dogs embarassed
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by hidenconyo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
i weep
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Correct! Any sane government would have done just that. Lease the land to the investors at a discounted rate and ensure they have the lease gazetted and the duration of the lease clearly specified therein.

Abians have themselves to blame if they fail to realize the good leaders amongst them and ensure those good leaders take over the reign of governance in that state. As at today, it is painful to say Abia has gone to the dogs embarassed

Spot on! Theodore "I am comparable to Nelson Mandela" Orji does not have high approval ratings from Abians. Some of them claim that his only good works are in Umuahia- the state capital.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by manny4life(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
CFCfan:

Yes, govt shouldn't be constructing malls. That is the job of private companies.

That money is equivalent to $23million, that money will build an ultra-modern, medical facility. That money can be used to improve education, several other lacking infrastructures, I weep for my governors.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life:

That money is equivalent to $23million, that money will build an ultra-modern, medical facility. That money can be used to improve education, several other lacking infrastructures, I weep for my governors.

I truly weep for ssome of them too.

T.A. Orji should have borrowed a leaf from Akpabio (Akwa Ibom); who is constructing an over 200 bed, ultra-modern hospital facility,
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by mensdept: 12:23am On Apr 23, 2013
Look, what are you people saying?

There's nothing wrong with building modern things in your area, whether it's mall, zoo, or hospital. The problem is Thief Orji was rigged in as governor over 6 years ago with NOTHING to show as governor. He was installed to protect the looters at Okija shrine, and yet no one gives a dayum to slap this man when he is in public.

Now he's campaigning on nairaland daily because his local advisors have told him " See O, they done abuse u finish for internet".

Abia state receives almost [b]1 BILLION dollars [/b]annually in state allocation, so if properly done right, there should be 3 or four mega malls, a medical center, the biggest airport in the country self, new modern schools in every LGA (designed not by the local Nigerian architects, but world class layouts).

But of course, its still a pipes dream.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 23, 2013
Is this basically another shop rite ?
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123: Is this basically another shop rite ?
Could be
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Scarpon(m): 1:19am On Apr 23, 2013
ndi igbo kwenu
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 23, 2013
Scarpon: ndi igbo kwenu
Kwezu enu o grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 23, 2013
Scarpon: ndi igbo kwenu

grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan:
Could be

Hmmmm okay. But I heard they are building one in Onitsha. Is this true ?
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123:

Hmmmm okay. But I heard they are building one in Onitsha. Is this true ?
It's true. I think construction started last year (not sure).
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan:
It's true. I think construction started last year (not sure).

Finally. cool

No more trekking to Enugu for cinema tingz tongue
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123:

Finally. cool

No more trekking to Enugu for cinema tingz tongue
Yeah. Levels don change be that for Onitsha ladies. The latest fad will be "nna, biko achorom ka i gotam ihe na shoplite"

1 Like

Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan:
Yeah. Levels don change be that for Onitsha ladies. The latest fad will be "nna, biko I achorom ka i gotam ihe na shop lite "

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL 'shop lite'.

That Onitsha accent is a killer. grin grin grin grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL 'shop lite'.

That Onitsha accent is a killer. grin grin grin grin

I tell ya. Or the other fad will be "Bebe, anom na shoplite. I mara na levels e change go"
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan:

I tell ya. Or the other fad will be "Baba, anom na shoplite. I mara na levels e change go"

Your igbo is hilarious !!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123:

Your igbo is hilarious !!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

*Fixed* Na how I see the "Engligbo" swag.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by manny4life(m): 1:33am On Apr 23, 2013
Chei, una no go kill pesin... Which one come be shoplite? grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan:

*Fixed* Na how I see the "Engligbo" swag.

I want this engligbo swag sad
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life: Chei, una no go kill pesin... Which one come be shoplite? grin

It's the Onitsha version for shop rite grin grin grin
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123:

I want this engligbo swag sad
It's easy to get.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by manny4life(m): 2:06am On Apr 23, 2013
adaobi123:

It's the Onitsha version for shop rite grin grin grin

Lol @ Onitsha version, when I go home let me notice this accent sef, enough of this Amelican Oyibo language.
Re: Abia Begins Work On N3.7b Shopping Mall by drnoel: 6:07am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life: SMH at our leaders, when did mall become a priority? angry angry angry

Its the misplaced priority of our leaders. Last I checked Abia still has no good roads and the governor is building malls. Which road are the people which the governor is building his so called digital mall for use to get to the mall. This is just going to be one of those projects they start and half way through abandon it. Or it could be their usual propaganda gimmick. Either which way the Abia state government is not going to come out of this one looking like saints. People, this one stinks to high heaven but then where else would such be attempted but in Aba or Onitsha; the hearts of Igboland.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is The Problem Of The Northerners?check This Out. / No Northern Will Be Elected President Ever Again In Nigeria – Asari Dokubo / Lebanese Man Arrested For Kidnapping In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.