Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,875 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 (42214 Views)

Real Madrid V Dortmund - UCL (2 - 0) On 30th April 2013 / Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (1 - 0) On 1st April 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by merengue: 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Dzeko will be perfect, he is a goal machine. Marco Reus won't last in Dortmund. Very soon Bayern will come for him. Maybe Reus has just one more season for Bayern. Well if Klopp stays, replacements won't be a problem.

You are making Bayern into Chelsea? grin grin grin grin. FC Hollywood wont buy Reus though I suspect one of the other Euro giants will come for him later. Reus is from Dortmund but Gotze is a Bavarian, that has played and will play a part. Also look out for Leandro Bittencourt, he might be the one to replace Gotze. Its the defence that might be an issue. Due to their intense rivalry with Schalke 04, they might not be able to get Howedes if Hummels goes to Barca as is been rumored.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
sleekdot:

Sahin cant play at Attacking midfield his best role is as a Deep retainer which Gundogan is playing right now and even doing better

Options to replce Gotze would be hard Maybe Isco, Eriksen they might try for Draxler but Schlke wont sell

Actually, Sahin can play there but he prefers playing deep. All the games he played for Liverpool was as an attacking midfielder and he did well. In the U17 world Cup in '05. He also played as a creative midfielder, not deep lying and he did well.

He can clearly fit into the midfield with Gundogan and Bender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GniNw3Zx2xY
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by boron10(m): 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Barca has one of the worst defence in the world and despite the fact that most of their defenders are short, most of the goal they conceded was through their tallest player. I think Barca needs to revisit their philosophy. It needs to be tweeked a little bit. They were bullied yesterday mostly physically. As for Madrid, they had no business losing this match by that margin. All in all, i'm happy for Germany. After the La Liga, the Bundesliga is my favourite league.
Mr! Stop giving excuse for the white wash. Barca fell to a team that is far better. After watching their game against PSG, and noticed how lackluster they were, I began to anticipate the meeting with Bayern. Wasn't surprised with the outcome. When xavi was interviewed, he couldn't even give excuse as to why the fell by that margin.

So please spare us. grin
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Suprises: 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
The same thing was said when Milan beat Barca in the first leg of the quarter final but were trashed when they visited camp nou. There's no certainty in football. Dortmun can travel to Spain andx lose by 10 goals. That's football for you.
i knw in football everytin is possible bt in dis scenario i dnt tink d two spanish gaint can do anytin to overturn dat score line.is all ova 4 them
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
merengue:

You are making Bayern into Chelsea? grin grin grin grin. FC Hollywood wont buy Reus though I suspect one of the other Euro giants will come for him later. Reus is from Dortmund but Gotze is a Bavarian, that has played and will play a part. Also look out for Leandro Bittencourt, he might be the one to replace Gotze. Its the defence that might be an issue. Due to their intense rivalry with Schalke 04, they might not be able to get Howedes if Hummels goes to Barca as is been rumored.

It is not just about buying players. I believe Bayern wants the best German players playing in their club. That was why they fought and took Jerome Boateng from Man City. That is why they are getting Gotze and Reus is up their among the best German players.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I wonder why he didn't play a false 9 formation, with Messi as the top man. Maybe Messi is still injured. With Song, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas in the midfield. That would have made it difficult for Bayern.

Again, Fabregas's work-rate is laughable at best. He was the main culprit in the back to back defeats Barca suffered against Madrid.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by merengue: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Barca has one of the worst defence in the world and despite the fact that most of their defenders are short, most of the goal they conceded was through their tallest player. I think Barca needs to revisit their philosophy. It needs to be tweeked a little bit. They were bullied yesterday mostly physically. As for Madrid, they had no business losing this match by that margin. All in all, i'm happy for Germany. After the La Liga, the Bundesliga is my favourite league.

The blame for Barca's failure should be put on Sandro Rosell and no one else for the following reasons:

1. Pep knew that some players had lost their edge and wanted to get rid of them, Rosell refused. Players like Alves, Villa, Pique.
2. The signings of Cesc, Song and Sanchez were luxuries they did not need. All three have added nothing to the team since they joined.
3. Illness or not, Tito is not as good as Pep, they needed someone who could tweak the system like Laudrup or Bielsa, not a continuation of the same system which the whole world has been studying over the last few years.
4. The arrogant belief that every product of La Maisa will be as good as the previous ones.

3 Likes

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by fredoooooo: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
The same thing was said when Milan beat Barca in the first leg of the quarter final but were trashed when they visited camp nou. There's no certainty in football. Dortmun can travel to Spain andx lose by 10 goals. That's football for you.

i know the game of football is unpredictable but theres a big difference between this set of ac milan players and dortmund do .
AC milan played the game as an underdog , while the dortmund guys believe they have the quality to do it , and they go for it .
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Suprises: Definitely they wil retain him,d guy has been extremely good.d club president has alot of trust in him.so i dnt see him leaving soon

If Klopp stays then I think better days are still ahead. I will be watching closely to see what he does now with the departure of Gotze. It will be interesting indeed. Watching Dortmund grow has been a delight to football lovers. wink

1 Like

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by bashydemy(m): 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
boron10:
Man Utd won it twice I think
Man U won it 1999 and that is 14yrs ago
United 4 life
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Igholize(m): 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin. AYawyawyaw. Madrid is out... Morino sacked. So so elated wit d result... Cheers to all anti madrid like me. Na Xo
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Suprises: 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
Wow dortmund is playing unbeaten in dis champions league.

Can bayern stop them in final...??....lets wait 4 d final day at wembley
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by merengue: 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It is not just about buying players. I believe Bayern wants the best German players playing in their club. That was why they fought and took Jerome Boateng from Man City. That is why they are getting Gotze and Reus is up their among the best German players.

Then they needed Boateng, given how useless Van Buyten and Demichelis were. Even he himself failed, hence the purchase of Javi & Dante. Depending on if Pep wants to keep Robben, they have no need for Reus and he is too good to sit on the bench. Dont forget they still have Shaqiri, Ribery and Muller
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Again, Fabregas's work-rate is laughable at best. He was the main culprit in the back to back defeats Barca suffered against Madrid.

That has never been hidden. Fab always excels with a work horse behind him. That was why at Arsenal, Flamini leaving affected him. In a packed midfield, ie playing the false 9 formation, he won't need to work hard. Busquets and Song would have done most of the defensive work.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
Suprises: Wow dortmund is playing unbeaten in dis champions league.

Can bayern stop them in final...??....lets wait 4 d final day at wembley

The last time a team went unbeaten and won the UCL was in 2008. Man United were the winners then.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Pa22(m): 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
yeah Barca needs a Guardiola......... other teams too! grin

1 Like

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
merengue:

Then they needed Boateng, given how useless Van Buyten and Demichelis were. Even he himself failed, hence the purchase of Javi & Dante. Depending on if Pep wants to keep Robben, they have no need for Reus and he is too good to sit on the bench. Dont forget they still have Shaqiri, Ribery and Muller

Age is catching up with Robben and Ribery. Bayern are planning for the future, that was why they captured Boateng, Martinez and now Gotze. Reus will be perfect to come in. I believe Bayern is not going for him because Dortmund just bought him but their telescope is on him.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

That has never been hidden. Fab always excels with a work horse behind him. That was why at Arsenal, Flamini leaving affected him. In a packed midfield, ie playing the false 9 formation, he won't need to work hard. Busquets and Song would have done most of the defensive work.

Yep. I think he can only play in a packed midfield, not in a 4-3-3 formation.

2 Likes

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Yep. I think he can only play in a packed midfield, not in a 4-3-3 formation.

That is true. I still hope Barca can make the game interesting by scoring some goals. Not that I expect them to qualify but give their fans something to cheer for. grin
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
boron10:
Mr! Stop giving excuse for the white wash. Barca fell to a team that is far better. After watching their game against PSG, and noticed how lackluster they were, I began to anticipate the meeting with Bayern. Wasn't surprised with the outcome. When xavi was interviewed, he couldn't even give excuse as to why the fell by that margin.

So please spare us. grin
All i can say is that Bayern was better on the night. Barca would have beaten them some other day or they would have beaten Barca. We all know that Barca has been losing form over the years but they're still up there and are no push overs. I know Bayern is a very good team but they should not lie to themselves that they can repeat what they did to Barca any other time. It was just a horrible night for Barca and a good night for Bayern. That's how i see it.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by fredoooooo: 11:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

The last time a team went unbeaten and won the UCL was in 2008. Man United were the winners then.

ole ! ole !! ole !!! ole gunnar solksjaer
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by sleekdot(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Actually, Sahin can play there but he prefers playing deep. All the games he played for Liverpool was as an attacking midfielder and he did well. In the U17 world Cup in '05. He also played as a creative midfielder, not deep lying and he did well.

He can clearly fit into the midfield with Gundogan and Bender.

Nuri Sahin did well in Liverpool Are you serious?

Below is Sahins quote after leaving Liverpool

Sahin, who was a target for Arsenal last summer, has returned to Borussia Dortmund but that has not stopped him blaming Rodgers for his underwhelming spell at Anfield, insisting he was played out of position without explanation from the Irishman.

‘Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a 10 but I do not play behind the forwards,’ said Sahin. ‘I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position. The boss could not answer me... still, I am not sorry about it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2293313/Nuri-Sahin-thanks-God-doesnt-play-Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-anymore.html#ixzz2RQL5zNpN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What you play in youth tournament doesnt count

Mikel was Attacking midfielder in youth tournament and you know what the drill is now
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by merengue: 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Age is catching up with Robben and Ribery. Bayern are planning for the future, that was why they captured Boateng, Martinez and now Gotze. Reus will be perfect to come in. I believe Bayern is not going for him because Dortmund just bought him but their telescope is on him.

I agree about their age but they can always go for someone outside Germany. I think they won't want to antagonize BVB. They would go for either Draxler (Schalke 04) or Patrick Hermann (B.Monchengladbach). Lets see how Holtby progresses at Spurs though, he is another one
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Suprises: 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

If Klopp stays then I think better days are still ahead. I will be watching closely to see what he does now with the departure of Gotze. It will be interesting indeed. Watching Dortmund grow has been a delight to football lovers. wink
Infact d club has been fantastic for some seasons nw,they hav dominated bundesliga since 2010/2011 season til date,i cnt just stop watching dem play.dey are just d best

2 Likes

Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by pedibaba360(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
merengue:

The blame for Barca's failure should be put on Sandro Rosell and no one else for the following reasons:

1. Pep knew that some players had lost their edge and wanted to get rid of them, Rosell refused. Players like Alves, Villa, Pique.
2. The signings of Cesc, Song and Sanchez were luxuries they did not need. All three have added nothing to the team since they joined.
3. Illness or not, Tito is not as good as Pep, they needed someone who could tweak the system like Laudrup or Bielsa, not a continuation of the same system which the whole world has been studying over the last few years.
4. The arrogant belief that every product of La Maisa will be as good as the previous ones.

#fact,i c u bro
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by sleekdot(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Bayern wont sign Reus. They have no space for him and Reus already declined Bayern last season

Gotze is a generational talent and Bayern would be stupid to let the best German player go abroad
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by sleekdot(m): 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

If Ribery and Robben leaves Bayern still have Shaqiri and Muller plus Gotze and some promising younglters like pierre Hodjberg, And Weiser
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by Suprises: 11:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Exactly wat is going to happen dis season.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by lameda07: 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Footi-balluu!!!.
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by donem: 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Definitely my man of the match.
If Gundogan is definately your man of the match, how about the 4 goals hero Lewandowski?
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by sleekdot(m): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
merengue:

I agree about their age but they can always go for someone outside Germany. I think they won't want to antagonize BVB. They would go for either Draxler (Schalke 04) or Patrick Hermann (B.Monchengladbach). Lets see how Holtby progresses at Spurs though, he is another one

Patrick Herman would most likely go to Dortmund to join Reus there. Bittencourt and Leitner are also promising

I think they might get Ginter and Ginzeck too

I dont think Bayern would sign any of those 2 right now

Lewandoski has a huge chance of moving to Bayern I would say like 70% chance of him signing with Bayern
Re: UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 by fredoooooo: 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Red-Light:
u and gala? Why u like gala and chin chin so? Anyway i wan use am buy both grin grin

For my arena here , gala and chinchin scarce pass fuel grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 24th April 2019 / Chelsea Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 18th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 2nd January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.