Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. (1714 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Kwara State Was Formally A Yoruba State: What Went Wrong? / If A Lady Becomes The Governor Of A State What Will The Husband Be Called (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by gardencitytimes: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
1. On April 15, a high court in Abuja ousted the PDP exco of Rivers State led by Chief G. U. Ake and replaced it with another group of people led by a certain interloper.

2. The G. U. Ake led exco was elected on the 17th of March 2012 over a year ago.

3. The Interloper claimed he contested and won the election and only complained about this 7 months after the election he claimed to have won,

4. INEC that is mandated by law to monitor intra-party elections gave evidence to the fact that G. U. Ake was the winner of the election.

5. PDP National, the very party that is at the center of this melodrama gave evidence to the fact that G. U. Ake won the election.

6. But the returning officer who also signed G. U Ake's result sheet, one clandestine character called Dan Orbih, The PDP Chairman of Edo State, turned around to swear an affidavit that G. U. Ake was not the winner of that election but the interloper. All these coming 7 months after the said election.

7. On the basis of that affidavit alone, the court awarded judgment to the interloper without embarking on the necessary investigation of the claims and counter claims of all parties.

8. The judgment therefore meant that both INEC and PDP were either not correct or had lied under oath. But leave that aside for now. Let's make progress.

9. The judgment raises certain questions:
a. Did the interloper actually participate in the March 17, 2012 PDP State congress of Rivers State?
b. If he did, did he follow through with the process according to the guidelines?
c. Did the interloper purchase the nomination form?
d. If he did, was he screened; when and by whom?
e. who received his forms?

ANSWERS

Based on available records,

1. The Interloper has to this time not advanced any evidence of his participating in the election except swearing an affidavit to that effect. No photos. No Videos. But Chief Ake apart from having the testimony of INEC also has videos and photos even of his inauguration by the hierarchy of the PDP.

2. The procedure for election as was stipulated by the PDP was that all candidates intending to run for office pay the required fees for nomination into a widely advertised bank account and with the teller therefrom, obtain a nomination form with receipt. Chief G. U. Ake followed this process as did all other contestants. But the interloper claimed in his affidavit that he gave money to the secretary of the party who give him a form with the promise to give him a receipt and never did. He is the only person of all the contestants who claim to have paid cash to someone for nomination form.

3. He claimed to have submitted his form to the Chairman and Secretary of the electoral committee of that election which runs contrary to the guidelines of the election. All nomination forms were to be submitted to the PDP State Secretariat. G. U. Ake and all other candidates with the exception of none on record followed through with this process. Meanwhile the duties of the Chairman and Secretary were for the election day and only then. We all know this na. So was it during the election that the interloper submitted his form? On the election day? If so why was he not seen in the videos flying around of that election? Okay, they were tweaked to remove him! So why has he not provided evidence that he partook in that election?

NOTE:

The court awarded judgement on the strength of an affidavit with many questionable contents. So I ask. If tomorrow, the returning officer of President Jonathan's election, swears an affidavit that he was not the winner of the election that brought him to power, the courts will on the strength of that drunken declaration send Jonathan packing? I didn't know it was so easy.

Or let me even ask, that a child claimed he gave N4,000 to JAMB Registrar for JAMB form make him a candidate for the exam and to expect a result therefrom? Abeg help me answer.

Our country has only seen a similar case of this travesty of justice with the annulment of June 12 Presidential elections. But even at that, it was not this void of reason and substance. Never in the history of Nigeria have we descended to this level of shame, ridicule and sham in our judiciary and it is a pointer to things that will follow should we continue to trivialize its sensitivity.

This is clearly a case of miscarriage of Justice. Awarding Judgment to an interloper rubbishes the integrity of the judiciary in the strongest terms and threatens our democracy; for yet again another evil precedence has been set.

Whether or not you are PDP doesn't stop you from condemning this action of our courts because the courts ought to serve justice to all without bias and it can happen to anyone. If Lady Justice is no longer blind but wears a pair of gucci sunglasses, then we may well kiss ourselves goodnight.

Kindly share until it gets to President Jonathan, because he is not aware, before he falls victim of drunken mischief-maker. Help our President!

Source Oraye https://www.facebook.com/oraye101/posts/454998691252334?comment_id=2961845&offset=0&total_comments=7&notif_t=feed_comment
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by Dracula27: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
O boy no vex oo please what is the meaning of Interloper ?

1 Like

Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by Osama10(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
We are watching this drama unfold. grin
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by gardencitytimes: 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dracular an interloper is a person who becomes involved in a place or situation where they are not wanted or are considered not to belong. An intruder
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by MrGlobe(m): 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
Garden city times, I dey laugh oh. cheesy cheesy You must be a joker.
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by Abagworo(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
This goes to show the kind of government we have in Nigeria. Justice denied is a boomerang and I won't be surprised if Jonathan is sacked because he obviously never won the 2011 election and the killing of corpers looked quite suspicious like a sponsored sympathy killing to demoralize opposition.

2 Likes

Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by CyberG: 12:59am On Apr 23, 2013
Fresh air! You all just up and breathe una fresh air...slowly.... grin grin
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by Tigerhead: 1:10am On Apr 23, 2013
Gardebcitytimes is a paid hack of Amaechi, most of the OP is just crap.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what is going down in our state. The Governor needs a lesson in humility and loyalty.

Amaechi is confused. Only the people he pays really have his time. Does he think the people will follow him if he leaves PDP?
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by mej67: 5:12am On Apr 23, 2013
Go to Appeal Court. Court of public opinion nor public condemnation will not help in such high wire high power situation. wish u luck
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by Goddex: 5:45am On Apr 23, 2013
Tigerhead: Gardebcitytimes is a paid hack of Amaechi, most of the OP is just crap.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what is going down in our state. The Governor needs a lesson in humility and loyalty.

Amaechi is confused. Only the people he pays really have his time. Does he think the people will follow him if he leaves PDP?

Why can't he appeal rather than going on social media to call the other candidate "Interloper"?
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by seunfly: 6:55am On Apr 23, 2013
Abagworo: Jonathan is sacked because he obviously never won the 2011 election and the killing of corpers looked quite suspicious like a sponsored sympathy killing to demoralize opposition.
I disagree with u on that statement because Jonathan truly win the 2011 election as far as northeast is concern, infact CPC are the one that rigged election in bauchi. I was part of the corpers that paticipated in voters registration and election proper, cpc rigged the elections in bauchi trough registration of under age, intimidation of electorate, multiple voting by individuals, intimidation of inec official(corp member posted to a unit).
I can comfirm to u with evidence that in my polling unit peaple that voted are less than 100, the remaining votes was thumb printed by 1 or 2 individuals and their plans was that goodluck will not meet the 20% required in northeast.
So i was suprised to hear buhari complained on tv that the election was rigged.
The killing of corpers was due to buhari(cpc) complained about the election rigging stuff, i am saying this because i was a victim also and about two peaple that died are my close friends.
So Abang do not say what u don't know.
I myself is disapointed in Jonathan not because i am a Yoruba and he is Ijaw man but because many of us corp members in bauchi put hope on him to transform Nigeria for good only to see that he is like others who care for their pocket alone, encourage corruption, promote inequality etc so the death of my friends is just 4 nothing and the risk we took to protect his vote in the bush from the fulanis without adequate security was made meaningless when he started to listen to selfish and corrupt advisers around him.
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by magicjumbo: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2013
Abagworo, or what ever u call ur self, if you are the agent of Ameachi and his idi amin regime, u are wasting time, all this assumption u ve deposited here shows how bias you are in this issue, let me ask u, did you at any time was present during the court proceeding instituted by the new pdp chairman in rivers state, i believe no is your answer, i am not here to join issues with you b/c from your write up i understand you are just an Ameachi supporter, but let me tell ur that Hon Obuoah aka goround, did not take G.u Ake to court but PDP and INEC, praying the court to mandate PDP to sworn him in as the chairman an action they have refused to do since he won the primaries. G.U Ake later joined the case, as an interested party, pls stop spreading wrong info. how can u even prove the affidavit of the organizing chairman and secretary to be liars, is it by producing a purported video in this age of of photoshop video programme manipulation. my friend just go home and bear with the latest development in rivers stste, we own the state, u an outsider can not come and tell us. Ameachi took himself as a demi god, and this is how men like him ends
Re: The Pdp Crisis In Rivers State; What You Should Know. by Dracula27: 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
Wow!!! I think this Ameachi man is really unpopular at home oo!! Rivers State people seem not to want to hear his name.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are You An Ardent Buhari Supporter? / Top Nigerian Biggest Investors In The Aviation Industry / How Okorocha Imported Fake Osun Election Observers To Anambra State – Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.